NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Shadow puppets with his updates has suggested that all the indications were that we’d get Guehi eventually. Something then stalled (re price obviously) and neither us nor Parrish was going to budge. Like others in just baffled that we’ve let this go on for so long without a plan B. Now it looks like we’re going to be short in a crucial area and aren’t even going to strengthen RW. 

Given the lack of back up plan I’d be inclined to agree with what SP was told. As it doesn’t appear to have happening we’ve essentially taken a massive risk and lost. 

We are now heavily reliant on Eddie’ miracle making ability to keep the ship afloat until January where I’ve got no doubts they will try again. 

I want to know who was potentially on our list of targets for RW if Tosin had joined. As that signing clearly meant we wouldn’t have spent on a CB, so the RW must’ve had a list we had semi contacted?

Also find it so hard to get my head around Howe potentially saying no to Chalobah for £20m. Come 26/27 season we’re going to need two new RCBs, so going to be in same situation we are now, and even if we signed a marquee RCB, a young one would be needed so a Hujsen for example. Just feels very short sighted to fixate on just one signing. 

Edited by Sibierski

Or Howe shouldnt only want PL players?

I dont think there is a blameless person at the club. Eales has to fix this mess, no matter what this means. We must start have proper summer Windows again.

Just now, Sibierski said:

I want to know who was potentially on our list of targets for RW if Tosin had joined. As that signing clearly meant we wouldn’t have spent on a CB, so the RW must’ve had a list we had semi contacted?

Find it so hard to get my head around Howe saying no to Chalobah for £20m. Come 26/27 season we’re going to need two new RCBs, so going to be in same situation we are now, and even if we signed a marquee RCB, a young one would be needed so a Hujsen for example. Just feels very short sighted to fixate on just one signing. 

Everything about the club feels very short sighted and naive, thats the problem.

Like it’s well and good saving the money, but there’s players that need replacing and means more signings need making in one window the next summer, and the more signings needed, harder it is to get the right deals for the players you want.

25/26 summer we’re going to need CB x2, RB (unless we keep Trippier), RW, ST, GK. Potentially a CM too. 

To not at least fill up one of those positions, even if it’s a player that needs to develop but on the cusp, is poor.

Seemingly pivoted from a Tino / Hall approach to the opposite it feels, and I don’t know where that sits. With Howe getting the power? Or Mitchell approach?

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given the lack of back up plan I’d be inclined to agree with what SP was told. As it doesn’t appear to have happening we’ve essentially taken a massive risk and lost. 

We are now heavily reliant on Eddie’ miracle making ability to keep the ship afloat until January where I’ve got no doubts they will try again. 

Yea, which is why I feel very frustrated. Basically we are at a point where Howe either perform a magic to save our season, or he would be gone and we need to find our next manager 10 months later.

This shouldn’t be the case. 

I don't think any sensible transfer strategy can be conducted on the basis of 'if we don't buy player x, player y may want to leave'. It seems to be based on principle but is far too nebulous a concept because we're dealing with individuals with their own motivation, not robots.

10 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Been thinking and just can't see how I can support the club anymore with the way the club has acted this window 

107% agree

And if we don’t sign a RW and a CB today then I’m also going to stop referring to myself a Geordie

This window has been both a travesty for NUFC and a disgrace to our regional identity. I feel ashamed to be from the area 

I’m also going to make an appointment for the laser removal of my Tyne Bridge tattoo 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Still an outside chance that Guehi arrives today but it does seem the strategies of Howe and Mitchell are not really compatible going forward.

That doesn’t mean they dislike each other or there are arguments behind the scenes, more that we will get to the point where one of them moves on in the near future.

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

107% agree

And if we don’t sign a RW and a CB today then I’m also going to stop referring to myself a Geordie

This window has been both a travesty for NUFC and a disgrace to our regional identity. I feel ashamed to be from the area 

I’m also going to make an appointment for the laser removal of my Tyne Bridge tattoo 

I’m just glad to see some people brave enough to spay it.

Or say it.

Edited by christ

Maybe if we all turn up outside the stadium for the Sky cameras later the management will relent under the pressure and buy some players.

I still think we'll sign Guehi today - they will surely be aware how important momentum and positive vibes are to a club (more important than an extra £5m or losing a dick-swinging contest with Steve Parrish). And without something to show for this whole summer those things are long gone.

Edited by Sean

Tbh the Ashworth saga has obviously affected us way more than Man U. We thought he’s not in place for them so they’ll not have their top targets this summer and 2025 is the earliest he’ll have an impact. Meanwhile we can still benefit from the plans he will have put in place. 

it’s been the opposite situation 

Barca and Chelsea should have a lot of interesting left overs.

I do not believe we will close the window without signing a CB or RW.

We also have a lot of players to get rid of one way or the other.

Mitchell must be desperate for a good start 

Tbh, I think the most frustrating thing about the whole window for me is that it has highlighted how far away we are from being able to challenge the top clubs. 

I don’t mean that as a dig at anyone at the club either, I am more meaning this summer has shown possibly for the first time since the takeover that we aren’t allowed to compete due to the PSR/FFP rules in place. 

I am still frustrated we haven’t done any real business this summer, but yeah, any of my posts that may have been OTT in criticism at the club is more my frustrations coming out at what is being highlighted as essentially a closed shop. One that I can’t see how we break into regularly unless the rules change.