NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, Yorkie said:

Definitely; as usual I think he's note perfect. Hasn't patronised the fans whilst also demonstrating support in his own players. Hopefully they continue running through brick walls for him. Personally I'd go to war for those guns of his. 

Exactly, think he answered the question perfectly, and gave some reasons as to why its been tough. Certainly not a bullshit answer.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

In fairness, I find that more reassuring than some overly positive spin. There is a logic to what he’s saying given we’ve arrived at a ridiculous position. The issue is how we’ve arrived here 

Because our revenues are too low and we've been spending like an established top 4 club prior to this season.  It's as simple as that.  We are growing the revenues but it'll take time.  We cant spend 100-150m every year and not breach PSR until we have revenue streams like Man United or Liverpool.  I think there is money, clearly there is but its a case of that's it and if we spend it now it has a knock on impact unless we sell.  Gueho would make sense as its transformational.  Spunking 50M on another player who may not work out is a risk we cant take.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think they only chance of business for us is Trafford.

Yeah, perhaps.

My point was more that I just really hated it when we'd get the 'closed for business' message sent down from Mike Ashley the morning of deadline day.

Always made things even more infuriating.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Your properly in love fair enough. You’ve been hit with so many contradictions and are cool with it. 

:lol: I think very highly of him, definitely. I don't think I'm blinkered though; you'll note I've felt pretty relaxed the whole time so I'm always likely to be receptive to entirely fair comments. 

I haven't spotted the contradictions though?

48 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Disgraceful window being honest. A season after being in the CL and we've went a winter and then a summer window without making any improvements to the first XI. 

PSR constraints aside, there is clearly money there.  

Just not the personnel they want - as he said, if the right person isn't available then maybe doing nothing is the best option.

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: I think very highly of him, definitely. I don't think I'm blinkered though; you'll note I've felt pretty relaxed the whole time so in always likely to be receptive to entirely fair comments. 

I haven't spotted the contradictions though?

I love him too, although I think for us to actually do what we need to do it probably won’t work with the current set up. 

You can’t cry the poor me FFP tale and spend like we have. It’s such a contradiction. West ham got todibo on loan meanwhile we are holding our ducks with nothing. 

you can’t say the window has been a failure (I’m paraphrasing sure) and then suggest we couldn’t have do anything differently. 

His whole thing was yeah this is going to take 10 years and welp we just have to wait. 

Close this thread until Jan.

It's very clear from Howe's comments in that clip above that they're going to sit tight and not going to go after people who aren't going to improve us, or cost us an absolute fortune.

Unfortunate as it is, no one is coming in. Lock it!

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Not sure why people keep claiming there's £70m to spend. We were never gonna spend that on Guehi. Not even close.

We definitely bid 50m for Olise. There must be at least 50m available, no matter what

3 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Just not the personnel they want - as he said, if the right person isn't available then maybe doing nothing is the best option.

Signing nobody is always a risk though. Singings improve the mood massively around the club, makes others up their game etc. ATM we look a bit flat and like we could do with some sort of boost. Guehi was an overpriced deal imo but think it was one that could have had a big knock on effect on the rest of the squad. 

What frustrates me is the over-preciseness. 

We don't have to do a Brighton where we're buying lots of randoms with the hope a few turn out ok. 

If raising the floor and raising the ceiling are the two approaches - this summer we've done neither. 

If Guehi was our long term RCB, that's a raising ceiling signing, ditto Tonali last year. 

I'd rather get 3 or 4 raising the floor signings - e.g a Matias Soule would have been a decent risk. A Milenkovic, a Hujisen. Below 25m, there is still value to be had if you look for it and don't think you're going to solve all your issues in one window. What we needed was an alternative profile to Almiron and Murphy - either pace (which Minteh would have provided) or delivery (esp if Trippier plays less). 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Not sure why people keep claiming there's £70m to spend. We were never gonna spend that on Guehi. Not even close.

And I’m content that we don’t sign him for that sort of astronomical fee 

Sancho is a tough one. Obviously he’s easily talented enough to play for a CL side and we could probably offer him decent wages but what’s he on at Man U? Close to £300k is it? I think the bigger barrier from our side is potentially attitude 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Sancho is a tough one. Obviously he’s easily talented enough to play for a CL side and we could probably offer him decent wages but what’s he on at Man U? Close to £300k is it? I think the bigger barrier from our side is potentially attitude 

And that Man Utd wouldn’t want to help us