NUFC Transfer Rumours

Really piss poor transfer window this, regardless of who's to blame. Feels like all of our rivals have strengthened and all we've done is bring Eddie and Jason in one of their favourite bum-boys each to placate them. Said it the other day but I think Eales has a brass neck to be singing on the Stack stage when he & the team he appointed have delivered this joke of a summer window.

Arguably the worst sin of all is going into another season with Dubravka as no. 2 goalkeeper. If he sees another competitive minute of action for us after last season's weekly clown shoes showing it's like Ashley-era levels of negligence.

Just now, Menace said:

I'd run an absolute mile away. Thiaw is dodgy.

He got blamed for their first game.

Then in the last game he didn't play and they looked even worse.

Tomori was all over the place.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

It's disappointing but with these owners and in the world of PSR we know that this money will be spent in future windows instead of going to our owners pockets.

Not sure I agree with this, we have a full department of people scouting the world looking to improve the squad, to end up with no upgrades is a failure.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Really piss poor transfer window this, regardless of who's to blame. Feels like all of our rivals have strengthened and all we've done is bring Eddie and Jason in one of their favourite bum-boys each to placate them. Said it the other day but I think Eales has a brass neck to be singing on the Stack stage when he & the team he appointed have delivered this joke of a summer window.

Arguably the worst sin of all is going into another season with Dubravka as no. 2 goalkeeper. If he sees another competitive minute of action for us after last season's weekly clown shoes showing it's like Ashley-era levels of negligence.

They could turn out to be excellent signings though... Kelly is a good player and he's come on a free, that's a good deal.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

They could turn out to be excellent signings though... Kelly is a good player and he's come on a free, that's a good deal.

Quite right, I'm happy with both of those signings in their own single context FYI and said so at the time in each case, but in the wider picture of the window as the only main additions it's desperately poor.

18 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

Just wait until we get given the no value in the January window line in a few months time...

What gives you the perception that our new owners are not willing to spend money? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

:clap:

We managed to sign 2 keepers and retain another who are all actually worse, which is an achievement in itself. Amateur hour. 

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not sure I agree with this, we have a full department of people scouting the world looking to improve the squad, to end up with no upgrades is a failure.

Obviously it's a failure and I never said it wasn't but the money not spent this window will absolutely be spent in the future windows, 100% guaranteed. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really deflated by this. Made all the more bitter by CFC seemingly able to operate by their own rulebook regardless of their good outgoings. Replaying @cubaricho's advice not to catastrophise in my head but man i'm tired of all this auxilliary shit around modern football.

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Quite right, I'm happy with both of those signings in their own single context FYI and said so at the time in each case, but in the wider picture of the window as the only main additions it's desperately poor.

Ah, singly you're ok with either but "in the wider picture" they're "bum boys" 

Glad that's sorted

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There's plenty to be frustrated and disappointed about, but this reversion to Ashley era thinking regarding our willingness to spend just makes no sense at all. 

Nobody can argue with the facts of the window. 

What I don’t understand is what people get out of an excessive reaction and hammering the club when it’s better than it’s been in living memory. Unless you’re a goldfish I don’t see any reason to be angry. It’s weird. 

10 minutes ago, levelsevenlee said:

Relax, we'll have "like a new signing" Botman to roll out in January.

Does Botman play on the right or the left side of central defence? He's been out for so long, I even forgot his position. 

I understand the idea of if we don't get Guehi then don't get anyone else at CB. He's both a short and long term improvement with not much risk. Whereas in our current squad we have Botman coming back, Schar should be good for another season or two, and we've got some reasonable cover. I get not spending some of a limited budget on just anyone.

I don't understand the RW situation though. The only thing I can think of is we plan to play Gordon there. Otherwise I can't believe we're about to go into a new season with Almiron and Murphy fighting for a start between them. Just how has this happened?

After missing on Europe last season I think we needed a statement signing just for morale.

Silver lining is we kept Isak, Bruno, etc. But we need one hell of a season to keep them for much longer I fear.

I think with RW it’s as much about squad spaces, and also about the overall budget. 

And the club don’t see Almiron and Murphy as worse than shit like the fans do. It’s never going to be our transfer strategy that ‘anyone is better’, that’s not how we’ll be working. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody can argue with the facts of the window. 

What I don’t understand is what people get out of an excessive reaction and hammering the club when it’s better than it’s been in living memory. Unless you’re a goldfish I don’t see any reason to be angry. It’s weird. 

Agreed, it’s possible to say how rubbish this window has been and question why but surely be aware how much better off we are since the takeover and know that the people running the club WANT to push on and achieve things. That was completely absent under Ashley.

2 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

Does Botman play on the right or the left side of central defence? He's been out for so long, I even forgot his position. 

Left. On a slightly different note we are at some point gping to have to play two left footers at CB. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie