NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's why LB is important to upgrade though. If play Burn there, we're short at LCB.

We've offered Dummett a contract so the club must deem him worthy enough to be considered. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's why LB is important to upgrade though. If play Burn there, we're short at LCB.

I agree I think we absolutely need a new attacking style left back and an upgrade but I also thought Targett did really well in his first season on loan and it’s clear injury and Burns form disrupted things for him this season just gone. I’m not saying Targett is the answer but I wonder if he’ll get more game time in the league, cups this season. 

For me, we need a CM, attacking LB & genuine quality upgrade on Almiron. At a push another CB backup. 

Defenders linked - Maehle, Tierney, Livramento, Adarabioyo

Midfield-Attack linked - Gallagher, Phillips, Thuram, Fofana, Diaby, Spertsyan, Lindstrom, Chiesa

Edited by Toon88

34 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, not going away anywhere this summer but appreciate being asked all the same 

On 14/06/2023 at 13:45, gbandit said:

Haven’t followed the debate closely as I’m away on holiday

Absolutely suss as fuck, this.

Targett isn’t good enough, I’m afraid. If you can’t displace Burn, then you know your time is up. If we could recoup £10m for him, I’d do it. 

Maehle would be my choice. Cheaper option at Atalanta (£15m touted), and fantastic going forward. 

12 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Released Milner, Ox, and Keita over the summer. Thiago has one year left on his deal, and the club has indicated that his contract will not be renewed. There have been rumors that Barcelona is interested in Thiago. After Szobo and Mac Allister, I would be surprised if we were in for both Thuram and Lavia unless Thiago is definitely leaving. 

That's fine mate, if you need them you need them. But wish your fans would stop calling us Oilcastle, and your manager would stop saying you can't compete with state backed clubs when you are obviously able to blow us out of the water when it comes to spending.

You were able to pay the £60m release fee up front for Szobo, we weren't due to FFP. That's the cold reality, so we can't just spend our way to success like other moneybags clubs have done in the recent past.

5 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Double edged sword - just means the big teams will hoard more of those players and more of them will be stuck on the "9 loans in 7 years" treadmill.  

Lavia would still be playing PL2 with other kids rather than getting to breakthrough at Southampton without a buy back or sell on clause.

Lavia wanted to leave though. Players can force through transfers. 

7 hours ago, Viana said:

There's a pretty fatal flaw in that system though. 

Say, for example, Everton sign Brennan Johnson. They couldn't include a sell on because Everton just finished below Forest. I can already see the lawyers lining up to argue it's anti-competition to remove clauses like this and limit teams' ability to generate revenue through player trading. You'd be better off saying that players under 23 see their sell on % decrease year on year they stay at the buying club. It wouldn't help Lavia, but it would help others.

There’s no chance of Johnson going from Forest to Everton though. It’s a sideways step at best.   

Forest have done all the meaningful pro development of the lad and if he was sold he would be sold to a team that finished above Forest.  

I just spent 5 minutes thinking of something. I’m sure those at FIFA towers could think of a way to ensure sell-on clauses benefit smaller clubs rather than larger ones. If they wanted too. Which they obviously don’t. 

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've offered Dummett a contract so the club must deem him worthy enough to be considered. 

Howe didn’t give Dummett a sniff. He’s not an option.  

IDKW he was given a new contract.  But it wasn’t to play premier league football 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Homegrown, nice to be around. I would guess. 

Can help the u23s?

Didn't Liverpool sign Joe Spearing for that kind of role ?

Second return to Liverpool

On 17 June 2022, Spearing was registered as a player for the Under-21s team as an over-aged player.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

IDKW he was given a new contract.  But it wasn’t to play premier league football 

That's the fact, though. He'll be registered if he agrees to the deal. He's not going to stay, only to just play reserve football. It's a waste of a slot. 

4 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Can help the u23s?

Didn't Liverpool sign Joe Spearing for that kind of role ?

Second return to Liverpool

On 17 June 2022, Spearing was registered as a player for the Under-21s team as an over-aged player.

Do we think Dummett is going to be on a nominal sort of wage outside of the 25? He's still Championship level you'd think. The likes of Spearing and Huddlestone who are doing that role will be on a couple of grand a week and were either retired or playing League 1/2 football. 

If Dummett is happy for that then great, it'd say a lot about him if he does because he should have 3-4 years playing a decent level of football. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think it is obvious: we need club trained players for UCL squad.