NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

31 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

They're just trying to make life as difficult as possible for us off the pitch in order to put the brakes on our rise.

It's pathetic when you think about it. Like another kid coming along asking to play with the toys your playing with and you outright refusing before going to the teacher and having a whinge about it.

They’re trying to stop the sun from rising. They can’t. It must be boiling their piss to see us go from laughing stock Ashley to this well oiled machine juggernauting in their general direction.

I fucking love it. It happen :indi:

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Well as we are exclusively talking about transfers i didnt think some knacka would start banging on about totally different subjects when he jumped on my post. But yeah you carry on with whatever irrelevant chat you fancy.....

The obstacles i mention INCLUDE potential transfers.  My point being, most of the new rules on FFP etc really only started since the Newcastle takeover.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Hence why I mentioned past teams such as Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and recently Man City getting carte blanch to sign whoever they want.  Is that relevant enough on this topic?

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

Howe is coy about his January plans. Just before the international break he was asked about the rule changes and loan signings - and said:

“If there’s anything we can do to find them an edge we will try to find that.

“At the moment I don’t have any plans for January. It’s such a moving thing in a sense we don’t have clearly identified targets. There’s too many moving parts at this stage and a lot of football to be played.

“From our side there are injuries that may return and injuries that may not return. It’s very difficult for us to have finalised those plans at this stage. I'm involved in the football world. We want to compete on the pitch within the rules that are set for us.”

:howe:

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

I agree we may need to be unless some of these sponsorships have released extra funds that we obviously arent privvy to. That would still count for loans though ie Neves alleged £300k wages unless we literally do what everyone is complaining about and have PIF pay which id rather avoid tbh.

I doubt we'll do it anyway, so it's purely hypothetical.

But I think if that happened (and the Saudis decided to dilute their own league which they're clearly trying to grow, so I'm dubious of as well), that could well fall foul of existing rules anyway.

E.g. if they paid 100% of the wages, the PL could also argue that we weren't paying fair market value for that transaction, and not allow it for FFP reasons, presumably.

There's possibly an argument to be made about what a fair contribution would be for a PL player. You could say that Saudi wages aren't that, because it's being spent for a specific reason - to attract players to a growing league.

I.e. maybe you could make an argument that a wages contribution equivalent to what that player would earn in the PL would be fair.

Well, maybe. But again, not sure it would fly even if we (and they) wanted to do that. It's all ifs and buts for now, though.

I think we'll bring in 1 or 2 towards the end of the window.

But we will use it smartly. Like if Mahrez lad is up for it genuinely - that would be great (there;s Afcon in Jan-Feb).

Other than Mahrez, Neves, Laporte or ASM. I don't think Eddie would want any others on loan for 6 months. And I doubt many others would genuinely want to come.

We voted for it so clearly we want the option.

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

It's a nonsense article, deliberately taking a perfectly reasonable statement and twisting it to inflame.

Coy about January plans? Who the hell isn't? [emoji38]

But yes, he should definitely tell them all his plans just so they can stop wildly speculating about things that likely won't happen.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

It's a nonsense article, deliberately taking a perfectly reasonable statement and twisting it to inflame.

Coy about January plans? Who the hell isn't? [emoji38]

But yes, he should definitely tell them all his plans just so they can stop wildly speculating about things that likely won't happen.

Even the 2nd guessing is driving them nuts. At least under Cashley they knew we were getting pretty much nowt! 

Right now we don't know what we need. We could be out of Europe and the League cup by January, could be out of the FA Cup before the window really gets going and be well behind in the chase for the Champs league places meaning our priorities change.

No doubt the management will already be looking at what we'd like under differing circumstances. I'm confident our progress won't be stopped.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

...I doubt many others would genuinely want to come.

This is an interesting point. 

I expect most left the more established / high profile leagues for the wages, rather than to genuinely grow the Saudi league.

So, if they get a chance to go back, without a wage cut (however it's funded), why wouldn't they?

But anyway, now I'm just speculating about stuff too and am therefore hoist by my own petard.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The Saudis haven’t invested billions in building their league to just send loads of players back to England on loan. Can’t see it. 

Yep, at most we'll have "first dibs" on anyone who wants to come back to Europe and maybe if there's some super Saudi kid, but I can't see us just loaning players like Neves willy-nilly. 

10 minutes ago, madras said:

Right now we don't know what we need. We could be out of Europe and the League cup by January, could be out of the FA Cup before the window really gets going and be well behind in the chase for the Champs league places meaning our priorities change.

No doubt the management will already be looking at what we'd like under differing circumstances. I'm confident our progress won't be stopped.

Yes they’ll use all means necessary that they can under each possible scenario! 

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

This is an interesting point. 

I expect most left the more established / high profile leagues for the wages, rather than to genuinely grow the Saudi league.

So, if they get a chance to go back, without a wage cut (however it's funded), why wouldn't they?

But anyway, now I'm just speculating about stuff too and am therefore hoist by my own petard.

A lot of them wouldn't fancy living in Newcastle Jan-March imo, and if they did - some would require a fair amount of adaptation which a loan wouldn't give them.

The cashing out is also mental.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Already pigsick of reading absolute wailing horseshit about this topic.

It’s like dog shit. Sometimes you stumble into it by accident and still smell it anyway just to check. Then there’s the choice to step in it and then bemoan that you did. Step over that shit bro! [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
12 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Mitro over in the Saudi league?

Get him back too, perfect as a 3rd choice and proper hold up striker late in games.

Watched a bit of a game a couple of weeks ago where Mitrovic was playing. (It was against ASM’s team). The standard was fucking dreadful :lol: Nobody could really be arsed. Mitrovic looked so out of shape, so did ASM actually. They are obviously over there enjoying their retirement.

58 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Mitro over in the Saudi league?

Get him back too, perfect as a 3rd choice and proper hold up striker late in games.

I'd have him as a genuine second choice striker with his ability to be a different threat with his strength and power. Use Wilson as a bench player only. 

8 hours ago, TRC said:

Bird’s a tiresome hack.   It is a bit of an insult to KSA that somehow we’ll be able to come in and just take our pick.

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone from KSA - loan or not.   I don’t picture Eddie being overly keen on signing a mercenary like Neves on loan - particularly given he’s been playing uncompetitive football for half a year.

Watching the other clubs getting their knickers in a twist is entertaining, though.