NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d say there is no other time than now.  Watching Dubravka and Karius in nets for the next five months could cost us a lot of points.

Who is more likely to win you more points - a first rate goalkeeper or a third choice centre half?

Can get a better GK on loan or for a short period of time.

I've said it before - signing a GK better than Pope will be difficult.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Which keepers better than Pope are available on loan?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Loan to buy - maybe, given that we’ve likely got nowt to spend due to FFP.  But we’d be daft not to ensure that we’re confident with the man in nets.  Far, far more important than a RW or a covering centre back. 

Why are people just assuming Arteta will happily weaken his own team to help us in January? Makes zero sense and lets be honest hes not a huge upgrade anyway.

Plus any decisions wont be made until we know the outcomes of tomorrow and next Wednesday. Our needs will be very different if things go shite and also when the 6/7 injuries clear up towards the end of this month

Edited by Fezzle

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Which keepers better than Pope are available on loan?

Better GK than Dubs. Not better than Pope.

As I keep saying. Getting a better GK than Pope is a tall order and not something I expect we can do for cheap in a January window.

Edited by The College Dropout

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Why are people just assuming Arteta will happily weaken his own team to help us in January? Makes zero sense and lets be honest hes not a huge upgrade anyway.

Plus any decisions wont be made until we know the outcomes of tomorrow and next Wednesday. Our needs will be very different if things go shite and also when the 6/7 injuries clear up towards the end of this month

Flogging a backup keeper for a premium wouldn’t be weakening them at all. It would allow them to strengthen further in other areas. Imagine if they used the money to get Osihmen for example. 

They signed Raya to be number 1. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Flogging a backup keeper for a premium wouldn’t be weakening them at all. It would allow them to strengthen further in other areas. Imagine if they used the money to get Osihmen for example. 

Why would we sign Arsenal's back-up keeper for a premium? 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Arteta clearly disagrees with you based on his comments, your last line is irrelevant to be honest as you need more than one keeper anyway so he wont want to lose him. Also why would we pay a premium for someone far from an upgrade on our No1? None of this makes any sense for any party and seems completely media led rather than any actual facts

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Arteta clearly disagrees with you based on his comments, your last line is irrelevant to be honest as you need more than one keeper anyway so he wont want to lose him. Also why would we pay a premium for someone far from an upgrade on our No1? None of this makes any sense for any party and seems completely media led rather than any actual facts

Managers and being economical with the truth name a more iconic duo. 

As I mentioned, we don’t know how the manager rates him and of course this is all speculation. 

But seriously, you don’t think Arsenal would bite someone’s hand off for say 40m? 

and don’t get me wrong here, I’m not advocating for this, I’m not a fan of ramsdale or side grading but I could see it happen. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think it all depends who is available in Jan. Club have shown in previous windows that, if they feel a long term target is available, they will make it happen somehow. I have a feeling Howe's number 1 target is Ramsdale, which I don't see happening in Jan. No way Arsenal will want to do us any favours in terms of structured payments etc. 

Can you really see Ramsdale being the best keeper we can identify? 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Managers and being economical with the truth name a more iconic duo. 

As I mentioned, we don’t know how the manager rates him and of course this is all speculation. 

But seriously, you don’t think Arsenal would bite someone’s hand off for say 40m? 

and don’t get me wrong here, I’m not advocating for this, I’m not a fan of ramsdale or side grading but I could see it happen. 

Why do you think we have £40m to spend on a keeper just to cover a few months? Like i said makes zero sense

Just now, Fezzle said:

Why do you think we have £40m to spend on a keeper just to cover a few months? Like i said makes zero sense

Oh very simple. 

1, if we view him as an upgrade. 
2, he’s younger 

3, he fits our profile 

4, Pope was cheap so if you wanted to massage FFP people is a candidate 

5, Pope has popped this shoulder twice now, having him as undisputed number 1 represent massive risk. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Oh very simple. 

1, if we view him as an upgrade. 
2, he’s younger 

3, he fits our profile 

4, Pope was cheap so if you wanted to massage FFP people is a candidate 

5, Pope has popped this shoulder twice now, having him as undisputed number 1 represent massive risk. 

So much unfounded assumptions there