NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

39 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Technical players or don’t sign. 

The trend is and has been that we are consistently signing system players, players that slot in and out of the high press seamlessly. Physical attributes are valuable above all else, and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. It’s why we went for Tonali over Maddison for example.

Edited by Nine

If we do sign Gallagher I'd honestly be pretty concerned about the long term vision for how we want to play.

Actually think Gallagher is pretty decent but he's basically an upgrade on Longstaff but not as good as what we hope Tonali will be for us.

I remember in summer there was talk that Howe wants a midfield of three players who are all all-rounders rather than players who fill different roles. While that all sounds very exciting and dynamic in theory I don't know how easy to implement it's going to be. Any examples of midfield threes who've operated like that?

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

If we do sign Gallagher I'd honestly be pretty concerned about the long term vision for how we want to play.

Actually think Gallagher is pretty decent but he's basically an upgrade on Longstaff but not as good as what we hope Tonali will be for us.

I remember in summer there was talk that Howe wants a midfield of three players who are all all-rounders rather than players who fill different roles. While that all sounds very exciting and dynamic in theory I don't know how easy to implement it's going to be. Any examples of midfield threes who've operated like that?

Fuck is this steaming shite? 

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Just me who thinks Gallagher would be an excellent signing for us then.

Think he’s a lot of huff and puff with no end product! If Eddie chose him I’d back him. Where’s this rumour come from or just speculation? 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he’s a good player. But he’s similar to what we have. Somewhere between Longstaff and Tonali. 

Whole time we need guile. 

I think he's has exactly what those 2 lack. 

The composure in the final 3rd that would make Longstaff a top top player and arguably the physicality and work rate off the ball that perhaps Tonali lacks from what little I've seen. 

Just my 2p but Gibbs-White would offer something that we don’t have I think. Read somewhere that he could be available for around 50m but what do I know

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think he’s a lot of huff and puff with no end product! If Eddie chose him I’d back him. Where’s this rumour come from or just speculation? 

I think he's been OK at Chelsea but has played about 3 different roles in that team, not an easy thing to do where he'd be a classic number 8 in our team and would do well in that role. He showed and Palace that there is composure in his game too. 

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Gallagher isn’t what I want. I want players that can retain possession and control games, not another back and forth runner.

Let’s not have any hair/ headband crime too please. Philips being the exception [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

The composure in the final 3rd that would make Longstaff a top top player and arguably the physicality and work rate off the ball that perhaps Tonali lacks from what little I've seen. 

Tonali is meant to have physicality and work rate. So if we still believe in him what’s the point in getting Gallagher?

Whole time Almiron and Murphy are our first choice right wingers. But we want Tonali, Longstaff, Gallagher to play RCM.  

21 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I think he's been OK at Chelsea but has played about 3 different roles in that team, not an easy thing to do where he'd be a classic number 8 in our team and would do well in that role. He showed and Palace that there is composure in his game too. 

Suppose basket case Chewsee isn’t the best team to flourish in atm! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 minutes ago, Collage said:

Just my 2p but Gibbs-White would offer something that we don’t have I think. Read somewhere that he could be available for around 50m but what do I know

What’s that?

I like him a lot. But he plays as a 10 at Forest. Not sure he has the positional discipline to play as a 8. 

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tonali is meant to have physicality and work rate. So if we still believe in him what’s the point in getting Gallagher?

Whole time Almiron and Murphy are our first choice right wingers. But we want Tonali, Longstaff, Gallagher to play RCM.  

I see the work rate in Tonali but my personal observation is I don't think he's as strong in the duel as a Bruno or Joelinton. 

And for what it's worth I'd say Gallagher is more an upgrade on Longstaff than Tonali and he's definitely shown himself to be a key player for us (in the early part of the season in particular).

Edited by Thumbheed

4 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Can I say something controversial, yet brave? We won’t make any January signings.

I agree.  We’re absolutely potless and Man City won’t let Phillips go without an obligation.

9 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I see the work rate in Tonali but my personal observation is I don't think he's as strong in the duel as a Bruno or Joelinton. 

And for what it's worth I'd say Gallagher is more an upgrade on Longstaff than Tonali and he's definitely shown himself to be a key player for us (in the early part of the season in particular).

Unless we sell Longstaff it just doesn’t make sense to me. 

Anyways.. I’ll be here complaining about us not getting Kudus or Palmer until we sign a proper baller at RW. 

31 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Has he actually shown that over an extended period of time though? If he had the composure and end product I don't think Chelsea would contemplate letting him go.

Clearly you need a joint up approach to transfers but these continual links to players like Gallagher and McTominay concern me.

I’m fully behind Eddie Howe the coach, but keep him and his fucking brother away from transfers. It was clear as day in the CL you need more than intensity and running, got a horrible feeling Howe’s type of player and his preference of young British players will prove his undoing in the end.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly you need a joint up approach to transfers but these continual links to players like Gallagher and McTominay concern me.

I’m fully behind Eddie Howe the coach, but keep him and his fucking brother away from transfers. It was clear as day in the CL you need more than intensity and running, got a horrible feeling Howe’s type of player and his preference of young British players will prove his undoing in the end.

It helps to make a clear distinction between players we are linked with by the media and players we actually sign.