NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Longstaff is a decent PL player and an academy product.  We won’t be getting rid any time soon

True, I do not see it. Because he also is HG. But FFP wise that gives more boost. Almiron is most likely I would say.

42 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I think a quick left back is the no 1 priority now, all 4 of Liverpool’s goals last night came from the left back position 

We have one on the bench. Pretty certain we won’t be signing another one unless we send him back to Chelsea 

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

No mention of it being a loan, so potentially looking at a full on transfer. They recall him from Forest, we buy him.

Because a lad that couldn’t get a game at Forest and is raw as fuck is exactly what we need at the current time.

28 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

The Howe factor! 

A grand total of 80 minutes between now and the end of the season as he’s “eased into our system” and “learns to understand what we demand”.

Unless they’re battle ready, save them for the summer.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

We know how we roll though: we’ll try to secure long terms targets when they become available over short term needs, rightly or wrongly.

It’s the correct approach in this window without doubt imo. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

It’s the correct approach in this window without doubt imo. 

Absolutely. We’re not going down and CL seems out of sight sadly, plus the schedule is easing and players should return, so this season is now about learning lessons (squad strength and managing fitness levels) and getting ready for another push next season.

I don't think it's a big deal if we wait until the end of the window and/or we only sign players based on opportunism/long-term aspirations. The fixtures between now and February aren't going to define our season; December has already done that, so tbh I don't really see the point in being reactionary. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For back-up positions - we need to do the Brighton thing of signing cheap young players. Or even cheap older players.

Wanted us to do this forever now. Ashley's policy of no signings over a certain age was crazy, given some of the smart transfers we've seen over the last 15/20 years (Milner, Thiago Silva, Lallana, Ashley Young esque deals)

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For back-up positions - we need to do the Brighton thing of signing cheap young players. Or even cheap older players.

Yep. 

Was just thinking how useful Pedro would’ve been for us this season at £25m-£30m. 

He’d have played some part in about 80% of the games I reckon. Maybe more. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Yep. 

Was just thinking how useful Pedro would’ve been for us this season at £25m-£30m. 

Pedro was a really frustrating miss, but it was him or Isak wasn't it? Again just us being hamstrung by FFP. He would have provided the balance of physicality and pace which we are missing up front right now.

We are in a bit of pickle tbh. This latest run of bad performances and results has really fudged up our season. Everyone knows it's down to injuries and fatigue (mostly) but this really puts a dent in our future business as well. As I've mentioned before - I'd be surprised if our new sponsorship deals does not include incentives based on CL, EL, Cups and so forth. Probably even league table. We'll have no choice IMO but to sell one or most likely two of our better players this summer to be able to give us the required FFP space to strengthen accordingly. It's a shame, and FFP is a bitch but one "bad" season really can set us back bad.

4 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

We are in a bit of pickle tbh. This latest run of bad performances and results has really fudged up our season. Everyone knows it's down to injuries and fatigue (mostly) but this really puts a dent in our future business as well. As I've mentioned before - I'd be surprised if our new sponsorship deals does not include incentives based on CL, EL, Cups and so forth. Probably even league table. We'll have no choice IMO but to sell one or most likely two of our better players this summer to be able to give us the required FFP space to strengthen accordingly. It's a shame, and FFP is a bitch but one "bad" season really can set us back bad.

if you’re fabricating scenarios based on hunches, why make it so depressing? 

‘This season is disappointing but as I’ve mentioned before the contracts I have zero insight into are a vast improvement on our previous deals regardless of league position or European qualification. One ‘bad’ season shouldn’t set us back and we’ll have plenty of FFP wiggle room in the summer’

Better?

18 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Yep. 

Joao Pedro?

Seems to play mostly upfront or at 10 - which I don't think we can justify paying £30m for with a backup. But I think we should be singing the next JP for £5-20m