NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, TBG said:

The first we heard of Isak signing was when he was on the plane over. Similar with Bruno. Similar with Tonali in that news broke and the deal was pretty much done. The only long drawn out transfer has been Botman, and that was because we didn't get him in the prior window. 

So I'm not saying you're saying this, but the notion that we mustn't be doing anything because it's not splashed all over the Chronicles front page is baffling to me.

The club has shown it doesn't go talking and concludes deals in a timely manner. 

The only time we get leaks Gordon, Barnes, Livra, Hall is because other teams journalists put it out. Luke Edwards rep is based off the people he works with not his own sources.

3 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

telegraph reckons we've bid for solanke

Decent source but not sure how that would work if him Isak and Wilson are all fit.

Not the player (Mbappe) I wanted so Solanke is shit and the club is terrible. 

Sell Bruno, Isak, Dummett and Botman and burn the club down. 

6 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

telegraph reckons we've bid for solanke

Spoiler

Newcastle have made an enquiry about Dominic Solanke but have been told that Bournemouth will not sell him this month.

Eddie Howe, the Newcastle manager, has been in the market for a striker to bolster his attack for the second half of the season and is a long-term admirer of Solanke, having signed him while manager at the Vitality Stadium.

The 26-year-old was signed from Liverpool five years ago in a £19 million deal and Bournemouth would stand to make a huge profit on their investment, but are determined to keep him at the club despite others showing interest.

Solanke has led Andoni Iraola’s attack this season and has scored 13 goals in 22 appearances. Iraola is understood to be reluctant to let any of his strikers go as Dango Ouattara and Antoine Semenyo are at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Wales international Kieffer Moore is his only other fit striker and he is reluctant to let him leave despite interest from several Championship teams.

Solanke, who has a long-term contract at Bournemouth, has scored eight goals in his last eight appearances and has helped push his club into midtable.

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

Wilson is done IMO. He'll be moved on, and rightly so.

He's only done because Howe ran him into the ground. If he plays 30 minutes a week then he's a great striker

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

He's only done because Howe ran him into the ground. If he plays 30 minutes a week then he's a great striker

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

6 minutes ago, TRC said:

If Howe ran any players into the ground Wilson definitely wasn’t one of them. 

Edit: just read the last part and detecting sarcasm

Edited by Joey47

Solanke would be a superb signing IMO. He's grown into a real quality PL striker.

He's not Isak levels obvs, but he's probably not far off Wilson, with the advantage that he's a bit of a unit, which is something we don't have in that area.

As always with these things, it depends on the price. 

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

If Howe ran any players into the ground Wilson definitely wasn’t one of them. 

Edit: just read the last part and detecting sarcasm

Yeah I think I was done by the sarcasm.

Solanke makes sense as a Wilson replacement imo.

Wilson has been a brilliant player for us but think it’s time in the summer to let him go for the right price, perhaps around £20m or so. 

If Solanke did sign, I’d still want anothher quality player who can function in that role.

We need a player that can play as a RW as well as striker IMO. He would be too expensive but Bowen would be perfect. Starting RW, can play up top if Isak is out.

We ain't getting shit for Wilson, given his injury record and the length on his contract.

Although, I'm OK with that since he's one of the few players from the MA years who's actually repaid his transfer fee.

He's just signed a new contract in September, so Bournemouth aren't vulnerable in that regard. I wonder if he has a release clause of some sort.

Bet he'd jump at the chance of the move mind.

24 minutes ago, oldtype said:

FFP should be changed to be an actual salary cap. Not that that would ever happen, but it should.

Players Union would take a salary cap to court imo and would win, just like football agents did when they tried to cap fees.

in the early 60’s they had a maximum wage in football, Len Whie went to court and won, maximum wage was scrapped.