NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We are going back to one game per week. No worries about him breaking down at this stage. Plus Barnes will be back in a couple of weeks, plus when Wilock returns big Joe can also play there. 

In a couple of weeks, I'm expecting Luke Edwards to tweet Barnes has had a set back

17 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure we need depth additions at the money he’d cost, we need upgrades to the first 11.

We should be looking around for a young striker as back up, or preferably a versatile forward who can play across the front line like the lad from Sporting.

Howe will end up out of a job if he continues to pursue his preference for expensive British players who don’t take us to the next level.

Botman, Isak, Bruno and Tonali weren't British?

Gordon is British and has been fantastic, likewise Livramento and Trippier before that.

That leaves Barnes who got injured when he walked through the door and Hall, who in fairness may turn out a wasted venture.

I don't think the Burn/Wood transfers in the first window were fair markers, given our precarious position at the time.

Sorry to sound like I'm attacking you but this idea that Howe only likes signing British players is nonsense and the idea that he only signs POOR British players is even worse.

Since the takeover, our record in the transfer market has been fantastic. A mix of old and young, British and foreign, short term and long term.

20 minutes ago, TBG said:

Dubs

Trippier          Schar       Botman    Burn

Gordon      Bruno       Joelinton    Barnes

Solanke

Mitro

:(

7 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

:(

Dubs

Trippier  Lascelles   Botman Burn   

Gordon  Bruno      Schar     Barnes 

Mitro       Isak

?

That Werner signing is exactly what we needed. Except someone who can play from the right.

Its got no risk financially, and if it works they have a good player for a lowish fee.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

That Werner signing is exactly what we needed. Except someone who can play from the right.

Its got no risk financially, and if it works they have a good player for a lowish fee.

Except he doesn’t score. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Except he doesn’t score. 

Ah, what you are looking for is the PERFECT signing. :lol:

Need the old chequebook for those.

Edit: Actually not the old chequebook, that has dust on.

Edited by STM

33 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

In a couple of weeks, I'm expecting Luke Edwards to tweet Barnes has had a set back

Barnes and Anderson were both supposed to be back in december. Then it was january. Now it's february. I expect Murphy and Willock to return in march with how this is going.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Dubs

Trippier  Lascelles   Botman Burn   

Gordon  Bruno      Schar     Barnes 

Mitro       Isak

?

I do not understand. What is it?