NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

In fairness it is two things EH looks for in a player. Not saying it’s his ultimate aim/priority but he does want a physically dominating team.

So do I but I don't think it's the primary factor otherwise we wouldn't be buying Bruno and Tonali.

37 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

and 5 of the 12 or so signings were not domestic. Others have shown why your argument is absurd. I seriously hope you are on the wind up now.

The majority of the 5 were when Nickson was largely pulling the strings, there has been a change in the transfer committee with Ashworth and Andy Howe since then.

No wind up and not dying on any hill it’s an opinion, fine to disagree but don’t get so excited.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

With both Howe and Ashworth being BBW, it's no wonder they are trying to create a team in their own image. Heilway the lads!

Been image searching for fat nazi girls without success. Turns out they were all quite svelte.

8 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You an insider listening in on the conversations? Your argument still doesn't seem to hold up, as Howe was still there when they came in. You're making some massive assumptions based on incomplete information there.

It wouldn’t be a massive assumption to suggest a managers influence  on all things club related increases the longer they are there ?

Such as being able to get your nephew a job as 1st team analyst ?

Edited by Whitley mag

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

With both Howe and Ashworth being BBW, it's no wonder they are trying to create a team in their own image. Heilway the lads!

Big Beautiful Women? 

Due to the PL & UEFA regs, the club would have to sign English players - which is why they attract a premium

As others have said, I do also end up scratching my head at Howe praising Solanke etc - he’s not the type of player I’d hope we’re interested in; but that’s just my take.  It’s Howe’s team at the end of the day 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

It wouldn’t be a massive assumption to suggest a managers influence  on all things club related increases the longer they are there ?

Such as being able to get your nephew a job as 1st team analyst ?

How is this evidence of anything you are suggesting? I suggest that you go back and read the several counter arguments to your claims again to get a clearer understanding why your argument makes little sense to us. 

if he picks a vast majority of  PL players for the rest of his time here, then fine. But you don’t have many data points to deal with, and far less in one window, to support your claim.

22 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

WASP - White Anglo-Saxon Protestant is the acronym you’re looking for. I think you’d be shocked if you searched BBW and expected to see people like Howe and Ashworth like

British Blonde Chaps should be ok though right?

32 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

WASP - White Anglo-Saxon Protestant is the acronym you’re looking for. I think you’d be shocked if you searched BBW and expected to see people like Howe and Ashworth like

If you did, it would be a bit of a scandal.

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

British Blonde Chaps should be ok, right?

I heard Britain's Nicest Policeman magazine is apparently cancelled. Not sure why they seem to have got such abuse online.

Newcastle United will not sell their England pair, 33-year-old defender Kieran Trippier - a target for Bayern Munich - or 31-year-old striker Callum Wilson, who has been linked with Atletico Madrid, this month. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Trippier and Wilson will not agitate for a move but Bayern will test Newcastle's resolve by making an improved bid for the full-back after an initial offer was rejected. (Guardian) 

Newcastle want 15m euros (£12.9m) from Bayern Munich for Trippier, while the German club only want a loan deal. (Sport Bild - in German)

Newcastle United will be forced to sell Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 26, and Sweden striker Alexander Isak, 24, to meet financial fair play regulations. (Football Insider)

7 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

How is this evidence of anything you are suggesting? I suggest that you go back and read the several counter arguments to your claims again to get a clearer understanding why your argument makes little sense to us. 

if he picks a vast majority of  PL players for the rest of his time here, then fine. But you don’t have many data points to deal with, and far less in one window, to support your claim.

I suggest you read my replies to you, as it’s 2 transfer windows not 1.

The first 2 windows the balance was correct and I’ll give you the 5 out of 12 even though that includes Trippier who had PL experience.

The last 2 windows are very much linked though as they stated they brought the Gordon purchase forward from the summer.

As for data sample 2 windows is small, but in my opinion there has been a shift towards PL experience at premium prices, which in light of our FFP situation I now question the rationale behind what we’ve done. Could we have got better value abroad, yes in my opinion and do local journalists who have briefed that PL experience is a major factor know more than most on here, yes I would say they do.

Should we now go out and sign Kone this window I’ll reconsider my hunch, but if we go and commit 50 million plus for the Everton midfielder in the summer based on he has PL experience, I’ll still be very much of the opinion that Howe has again prioritised PL experience over value.

Imagine when this window closes and nobody leaves and nobody comes in, Trippier and Wilson get injured and we limp on till the end of the season.

I dont care. We are building for the future. They said 10 years. We are ahead of what they have planned for the club. 

We can not rush anything we have to take step by step and build a club from bottom to the top. 

Lets see after 5 years where we are and how stabile we are. 

Its not easy but we are getting there step by step. 

Lets just be UNITED TOGETHER and give them time and space 

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

Imagine when this window closes and nobody leaves and nobody comes in, Trippier and Wilson get injured and we limp on till the end of the season.

Loving the pozzy voibez bro.