NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I'm on board with moving him on - but who will play in his position? Unless we fancy Gordon RW and Barnes LW I guess

I think these two playing in the wide roles was Howes intention this season anyway. With them swapping sides throughout games. Think our plan before the crazy injuries was to have a very fluid front 3 of Gordon, Isak, and Barnes.

Think Eales interview last week was taken as (and maybe even meant as) a signal that we're open for business. Just hope we don't get shafted on a fee again the way we were with ASM. Almiron's goal output last season should mean we can argue 30m is a totally fair value for him. Not sure if Al-Shebab are one of the PIF teams. 

Good business for miggy TBH, 2.5 years left on his contract so saving just over £7m there and a transfer fee of £15-20m, along with Manquillo‘s £900k saved, should give us the ability to spend in the region of £35m on a player and £100-110k a week in wages, if tripps also goes that ability changes to a £40-50m player and a £20m player 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think Eales interview last week was taken as (and maybe even meant as) a signal that we're open for business. Just hope we don't get shafted on a fee again the way we were with ASM. Almiron's goal output last season should mean we can argue 30m is a totally fair value for him. Not sure if Al-Shebab are one of the PIF teams. 

nope dont think they are 

"The country’s sovereign wealth fund (PIF) will actually take control of the four largest teams in the Saudi Pro League—Al Nassr, Al Hilal, Al Ittihad, and Al Ahli—all at once and ahead of the 2023/24 season."

wiki of Al Shabab says it was founded in 1947 why did my narrow mind think that some of these clubs just popped up out of thin air recently. 

1 minute ago, papo said:

Recalling Minteh would make sense in this case (if we can recall him of course).

Howe has repeatedly said we didnt insert a recall clause into his contract with the loan so recalling would be "difficult", didnt say impossible though. 

49 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Nah, they’re just class players with massive resale potential.

Well perhaps not Tino as we paid big for him, unless he becomes a Bale and adds goals to his game. (It’s a possibility)

Don’t think selling these any time soon is on the agenda in any case. Certain young players will be the bedrock of the side going forward (Botman, Isak, Gordon, Tino, Tonali)

I’d add Willock to that list as well - all 24 years old and under with their best years ahead of them. These guys should all be in the team when we’re winning the league 

Do we think that the club is writing off this season and will just keep the money for the summer? I can't see enough good replacements being available in Jan if we lose 3-4 starters. 

Losing the whole right side of the team is a particular weird one if Miggy and Trippier both go.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do we think that the club is writing off this season and will just keep the money for the summer? I can't see enough good replacements being available in Jan if we lose 3-4 starters. 

Losing the whole right side of the team is a particular weird one if Miggy and Trippier both go.

depends loads of thoughts in my head:

• strike while the irons hot on those getting general interest 
  • they know what they want to do and need to do it now to make it happen need to raise funds 
  • may be identify the 3/4/5 players we could let go and see who we can sell and then decide what to do depending on fee. 
  • general comments and FFP discussion given to media has alerted clubs we may be willing to let players leave and players being bid on aren't the ones we want to let go but are the ones we are getting offers on. 

I love Miggy, but it's a good time to sell.

Realistically, he's at the peak of his value and he'll more than likely be upgraded sooner rather than later.

Massively underappreciated player though, he'll be missed.

55 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'm on board with moving him on - but who will play in his position? Unless we fancy Gordon RW and Barnes LW I guess

Murphy is getting back to full fitness in the next couple of weeks isn't he? Then Barnes not long after hopefully.

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Selling players for big fees will allow us to move this window. If and when it happens.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

A 20 mil sale of someone like Miggy would allow us to bring in one or two decent players, right?

Depends how much they cost in fees, wages etc and how close we actually are to the limits.

So, from all the 'dubious' reports floating around we're looking to potentially sell Bruno, Isak, Tripps, Miggy and even big Joe? I know a lot of it is press speculation and outright mischief making, but the whole FFP thing just seems to be making any progression/competition ridiculous (I know cynically speaking, that's the point for the 'selfish six'). I just don't see how a turn over all our best players could possibly be  good thing, unless they were sold for silly money - but that seems unlikely with any sale being subject to 'reasonable valuation, no doubt hampered further by the other clubs in the league who don't want us to progress. It's just making the whole game have a sour taste currently.

Looking forward to seeing the names we get linked with now it’s clear that we’re going to be selling at least one, probably two players minimum. If the chat about Onana continues I’m going to vomit 

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

A 20 mil sale of someone like Miggy would allow us to bring in one or two decent players, right?

You'd hope so. As well as potentially getting Haydens wages off our hands this January if we're lucky.