NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Nottingham post? I think we need a player like MGW and I think he has a big ceiling that Howe would be perfect in developing further. It’s huge money though and is it a priority position now? Probably not, but they’ve shown they’ll make deals for young players who will improve when they’re available. It sounds like the kind of transfer we’ll do 

Ben Jacob’s now saying …. 
Understand there is now a verbal agreement between Al-Shabab and Newcastle for Miguel Almiron. However, Al-Shabab are yet to go to the player side.🇵🇾

sorry don’t know how to add the tweet properly. How reliable is he?

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Honestly have zero idea how the next week and a half is going to pan out. 

We could sell three huge players, maybe more? Sell no players, bring in 3 players, bring in none. Can't even say for sure what position we will bring in!

What a mental end to arguably the most boring first half of a window in years.

IMG_4875.gif

1 hour ago, oldtype said:

Maybe it's the masochistic NUFC fan in me but I think it would be a lot less fun if we could just spend infinite money every window.

It's a good thing that ownership is being forced to think about building sustainably and growing the club's commercial infrastructure instead of just going out and buying Robinho. The Saudis (hopefully) won't be there to bankroll everything forever.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

8 minutes ago, Dwebbo said:

Ben Jacob’s now saying …. 
Understand there is now a verbal agreement between Al-Shabab and Newcastle for Miguel Almiron. However, Al-Shabab are yet to go to the player side.🇵🇾

sorry don’t know how to add the tweet properly. How reliable is he?

Quite reliable tbf. He was the one that broke all the Almiron stuff yday.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Quite reliable tbf. He was the one that broke all the Almiron stuff yday.

A lot on here saying he’s bullshit mate.

Im not so sure. The smoke is too thick.

And although I love Miggy for 30 million this would open doors.

My hype levels for Gibbs-White are way higher than they were for Gordon this time last year. Obvs Gordon has more than proven himself. Think Gibbs-White would be class. Technically sound, creative, but with a bit of bite about him. 

Feel like Gibbs-White lacks the pace and composed finishing to be a truly top level player in that forward role. However put him amongst better players and he may look even better to be fair.

34 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'd be shocked if we or anyone gets him for £42m

£42m plus what they still owe us for Chris Wood could be nearer £50m, which would see them doubling their money, right?

13 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

A lot on here saying he’s bullshit mate.

Im not so sure. The smoke is too thick.

And although I love Miggy for 30 million this would open doors.

Fairs, wouldn’t probably go off others tbf but my only real memory of him was that he was accurate during the takeover. As it wasn’t what we wanted to hear though, people said he was shite and hated him. :lol:

(I may or may not have been blocked on my old account)

Tin foil hat here but the more I think of it, the more the Gibbs-White story seems to be a goer.

Ordinarily, he’d be going for a lot more than what were rumoured to be bidding and any number of clubs could be in for him at a higher fee.. so why deal with us?

That Chris Wood fee, or what they owe us for it could be the difference between being in or out of the FFP limit.

So say we revisit that deal and restructure it. There’s the incentive, staying in the premier league is worth a hell of a lot more than getting an extra 20 million for a top prospect after you’ve been relegated. (Or a sale that only counts for next years accounts)

The FFP dilemma is a two way street of course and we’re close to the limit, but maybe enough wiggle room to write off what’s owed on that particular deal?

Getting the premier league to re-evaluate Forests accounts would probably be tough though and that’s where NDM comes in?

53 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Tin foil hat here but the more I think of it, the more the Gibbs-White story seems to be a goer.

Ordinarily, he’d be going for a lot more than what were rumoured to be bidding and any number of clubs could be in for him at a higher fee.. so why deal with us?

That Chris Wood fee, or what they owe us for it could be the difference between being in or out of the FFP limit.

So say we revisit that deal and restructure it. There’s the incentive, staying in the premier league is worth a hell of a lot more than getting an extra 20 million for a top prospect after you’ve been relegated. (Or a sale that only counts for next years accounts)

The FFP dilemma is a two way street of course and we’re close to the limit, but maybe enough wiggle room to write off what’s owed on that particular deal?

Getting the premier league to re-evaluate Forests accounts would probably be tough though and that’s where NDM comes in?

They may be in FFP trouble this season too.  We don’t yet know what the ‘double dip’ punishment is liable to be.

I don’t think the Wood deal can be restructured to fix FFP

At the same time we shouldn’t totally judge a player from select data in a below average, inconsistent team. 

He was voted their player of the season for 22/23 also. 

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

At the same time we shouldn’t totally judge a player from select data in a below average, inconsistent team. 

He was voted their player of the season for 22/23 also. 

Absolutely we shouldn’t, it’s just one of the factors to consider right? We will be paying a premium for him and we can’t afford errors. 

Feels like something weird going on there with the pool he's being compared to. It's not hard to find lots of promising stats for him. 

He was in Wyscout's 2022/23 U23 team of the season with Haaland, Saka, Martinelli, Willock, Botman, etc.

"The Forest talisman ranks highest among U23 players across Europe’s Top 5 leagues for expected assists (9.86) and aerial duels (199), as well as being second for smart passes (46) and fourth for key passes (26)."

Also this (players eliminated by a dribble or pass):