NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Weird, I didn't realise he wasn't playing. I doubt we have any chance of getting him anyway.

Not sure we need his type either, he reminds me of Willock.

Can never have too many Joe Willocks.

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Weird, I didn't realise he wasn't playing. I doubt we have any chance of getting him anyway.

Not sure we need his type either, he reminds me of Willock.

If he’s not playing we definitely have a chance, it’s free FFP headroom for Villa. It’s if we are willing to pay the tax. 

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Onana, billing :anguish:

Both are on par with what we currently have, so it looks like we are going for depth rather than looking for improvement.

Onana has the potential to be a starting eleven player when everyone is fit eventually.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Both are on par with what we currently have, so it looks like we are going for depth rather than looking for improvement.

Onana has the potential to be a starting eleven player when everyone is fit eventually.

Billing for 6 months is fine, beyond that I’ll pass. 

Onana is expensive, we can find better elsewhere for less. 

No to Ramsey, he’s had a pretty bad injury iirc.. if he was playing like he had been 1-2 seasons ago he’d be straight back in that side.

Something amiss if he’s available.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Onana is not really my kind of footballer but I think he's proven this season he's actually very good with a big upside. 

Makes 2.6 tackles a game compared to 1.4 and 1.2 from Miley and Longstaff. Similar interception stats. 

That’s the only major difference between them. Worth splurging £50m for? Not for me.

The only way we’d ever sell Ramsey would be if we really needed the FFP money, which is the same much publicised problem you have, so sounds a bit weird, given how monumentally expensive he’d be. Then there’s if we’d want to sell, if he’d want to go etc. 

He’s the local fan come good, both his brothers been at the club and Emery loves him so I don’t think there’s anything in this. 

This would be a weird time for anyone to  buy him. He broke his foot in the summer, was out for ages, came back and played against Brighton, scored, and then reinjured the same foot, was out for weeks more, came back for a game or two looking well short of match fitness then got injured again and is now still unfit 

Just now, brummie said:

The only way we’d ever sell Ramsey would be if we really needed the FFP money, which is the same much publicised problem you have, so sounds a bit weird, given how monumentally expensive he’d be. Then there’s if we’d want to sell, if he’d want to go etc. 

He’s the local fan come good, both his brothers been at the club and Emery loves him so I don’t think there’s anything in this. 

This would be a weird time for anyone to  buy him. He broke his foot in the summer, was out for ages, came back and played against Brighton, scored, and then reinjured the same foot, was out for weeks more, came back for a game or two looking well short of match fitness then got injured again and is now still unfit 

Sounds like Willock to a tee. No way we should be spending more money on him at this point in the window.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Villa are willing to discuss a fee for Ramsey that we are able to meet then I'd start worrying about what is wrong with his body :lol:

Exactly the case IMO. It would suggest they're worried about his long term durability if they were even entertaining it.

Yes to Ramsey and Onana. They’d both improve us in the short term but they’re young with very high ceilings. 

Billing I’m not mad about, but his style of play is very us. Hard working, great presser, can contribute at either end of the pitch. Assume we’d only do a deal if it’s very favourable to us.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Sounds like when we bought Tonali from Milan, we couldn’t understand why he would leave his boyhood club…Then the ban… If this does happen, something will be up.