NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

You reckon either will be back before his 10th yellow? 

Not if it’s the next two or three games obviously.

But if he survives a bit longer than that there’s a reasonable chance.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not if it’s the next two or three games obviously.

But if he survives a bit longer than that there’s a reasonable chance.

It’s either a change in formation or play Hall as LCM.

Change of formation it is then.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

It’s either a change in formation or play Hall as LCM.

Change of formation it is then.

There’s also the option, if Barnes were back, of dropping Gordon into the midfield three.

Although given how good Gordon has been, not sure it’s one we would take.

I get the whole ffp issue but I’m baffled how they haven’t managed to work something out to get a midfielder in. Tonali is out for the season, Joelinton is out for the season, god knows what’s happened to Anderson and Willock has played 3 or 4 games and could very well break down again leaves us very short in midfield. 

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get the whole ffp issue but I’m baffled how they haven’t managed to work something out to get a midfielder in. Tonali is out for the season, Joelinton is out for the season, god knows what’s happened to Anderson and Willock has played 3 or 4 games and could very well break down again leaves us very short in midfield. 

the more you hear/read the more the whole system seems gridlocked so even loans become fewer and harder to do.

if we are right towards the edge of ffp limits then a loan would be the only option now and you’re not going to get anyone that you would want in the team unless you strike it really lucky. At that point you may as well chuck one of the u23s in

It's this going to be a case of displaying the fight to hold onto our players, as a victory in the transfer market, like we used to do?

How come this ffp shit seems to have no effect on anyone else but the claimed richest club in the world?

6 minutes ago, Haz said:

It's this going to be a case of displaying the fight to hold onto our players, as a victory in the transfer market, like we used to do?

How come this ffp shit seems to have no effect on anyone else but the claimed richest club in the world?

It’s pretty clearly impacting everyone. It may feel worse for us because we are decimated by injuries and could really use a couple new players.

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

Should've loaned Tonali to one of the Saudi clubs. :lol:

What you gonna do, PL? Make our lives difficult in future?

22 minutes ago, Haz said:

Tbf the only people who ever claimed we were the world’s richest club were those who literally didn’t know what they were talking about

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a worldwide FIFA ban, so it would look kind of suss :) 

Of course it would look suss.

My point (which isn't entirely serious) is why bother not looking suss, they're already doing everything in their power to stop us competing. They can't do more. Might as well shithouse things off the pitch as well as on it.

35 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

the more you hear/read the more the whole system seems gridlocked so even loans become fewer and harder to do.

if we are right towards the edge of ffp limits then a loan would be the only option now and you’re not going to get anyone that you would want in the team unless you strike it really lucky. At that point you may as well chuck one of the u23s in

well put.

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

IMG_7900.gif.451a3e88a0888108b6d13469b0830092.gif

Ah! Well. Only six months before we can ‘enjoy’ the speculation again. 

Yeah, who would have though this thread would be so slow one day before the end of the window. 

10 hours ago, gdm said:

Very strong chance that Anderson is out all season too btw

Last year, rolling with Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and Anderson for the back end of the season seemed (and was) risky. This year we're going to try again without Joelinton but + Miley, without much information on what's happening with Anderson. Throw in the fact we've literally never won a match without Bruno since he signed... it just doesn't stand up to any real degree of scrutiny. Massive, massive risk from the perspective of returning to Europe in some form.

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Last year, rolling with Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and Anderson for the back end of the season seemed (and was) risky. This year we're going to try again without Joelinton but + Miley, without much information on what's happening with Anderson. Throw in the fact we've literally never won a match without Bruno since he signed... it just doesn't stand up to any real degree of scrutiny. Massive, massive risk from the perspective of returning to Europe in some form.

I think we are at our FFP limit, and it seems we have to sell to buy, which we’ve been unable to do. 

57 minutes ago, TRon said:

If anything, that should make you understand why we didn't go for him. Pep seems to think he's not great under pressure where close control is important.

You'd think Pep/ Man City's due diligence would be better than that, to sign a player for that much and not know about any technical limitations.

Didn't read the full article as I don't have a subscription.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Doesn't sound like we're taking a risk, we’re just struggling to offload sellable assets.

Everyone is tightening the belt, the clubs that want to spend can’t because of FFP constraints. It’s hilarious the liquidity in the market has essentially dried up :lol:

17 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

We literally have won matches since Bruno signed in which he didn’t play - and last I checked he was playing in the matches when we became addicted to losing, too

Edited by TheBrownBottle