NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Michael Ndiweni going from making his debut for us to joining a team on loan who are on the verge of being relegated to the Scottish League Two.

Not surprised Eddie doesn't trust our youngsters if that's the standard that's been making our bench

Just now, joeyt said:

Michael Ndiweni going from making his debut for us to joining a team on loan who are on the verge of being relegated to the Scottish League Two.

Not surprised Eddie doesn't trust our youngsters if that's the standard that's been making our bench

Our youngsters have made fuck all impact on loan. Most of the time now they’re literally playing (or not playing given Ameobi’s expert loans) at a level they’ll be lucky to be at if they’re released.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's down the road though, probably gets him a little time to grow, and the lads not having to up sticks and live in hotel for 4 months moving miles away. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

It's down the road though, probably gets him a little time to grow, and the lads not having to up sticks and live in hotel for 4 months moving miles away. 

Agree with all that but the standard of football at that level is genuinely appalling. Watched Elgin a few times over the years and seriously I reckon a half decent Northern League Div 2 team would tear them a new one.

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Our youngsters have made fuck all impact on loan. Most of the time now they’re literally playing (or not playing given Ameobi’s expert loans) at a level they’ll be lucky to be at if they’re released.

How many times do people have to be reminded that Shola doesn’t do the loans? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Agree with all that but the standard of football at that level is genuinely appalling. Watched Elgin a few times over the years and seriously I reckon a half decent Northern League Div 2 team would tear them a new one.

I don't think he's gone there for the level, it's a different experience for him down the road. There's little left of the season, if this was the start of a new season I'd agree, and equally his options to challenge himself would be better.

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

He’s also 20y/o now so he needs to get his career going now. There doesn’t seem much prospect of him making it to premier league level if that’s the standard he is now.

Shola is a gent and a top top man. I’ll not hear a fucking word about him. Dan Ashworth oversees and signs off on players leaving on loan fwiw. 

32 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I really don't see the point in loaning players to really shit sides. You learn nothing from that. I'd rather loan someone to a team going for promotion in a lower league.

28 minutes ago, TRC said:

I really don't see the point in loaning players to really shit sides. You learn nothing from that. I'd rather loan someone to a team going for promotion in a lower league.

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he? May be as much giving him a chance to get another deal elsewhere if we don't see a future for him here 

7 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he? May be as much giving him a chance to get another deal elsewhere if we don't see a future for him here 

Plus the good clubs have to actually be interested. Harrogate just loaned a kid from Blackburn, which is only a 2 league gap. 

Edited by La Parka

Just now, arnonel said:

Must be gripping given nothing happened 😂

I’ve read worst from them a lot of could shoulda woulda stuff (they name drop Mcsauce as someone we discussed internally :lol: )

Also discussed the prospect of us selling Bruno and Joelinton this summer to fund spending. 

Commercial deals to be announced soon supposedly (makes me wonder if we are actually over our FFP and we are going to leverage commercial deals to bring us back). 

and this summer will be busier than last. 

30 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I’ve read worst from them a lot of could shoulda woulda stuff (they name drop Mcsauce as someone we discussed internally :lol: )

Also discussed the prospect of us selling Bruno and Joelinton this summer to fund spending. 

Commercial deals to be announced soon supposedly (makes me wonder if we are actually over our FFP and we are going to leverage commercial deals to bring us back). 

and this summer will be busier than last. 

i’m ready

Just now, Jack27 said:

i’m ready

Ready for Conor Gallagher and Mcsauce? :lol:

Jokes aside, I think we are due a bit of refresh, let’s hope whatever sacrifice we make is enough to push us to the next level. 

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

Is Shola still arranging the loans?

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Spending down £715 million on 2023 not good for the PL product or governments coffers, i think it’s safe to say changes will be made.

What makes you think changes will be made? And what kind of changes do you expect?

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Is Shola still arranging the loans?

I don’t think Shola has ever been “arranging” the loans but his role is to manage the players when they go out on loan?