NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, r0cafella said:

What makes you think changes will be made? And what kind of changes do you expect?

They’ll increase the limits as it’s not been raised to take into account inflation for a start. So many clubs appear to be on the limit, it’s not sustainable in its current guise and I don’t  think the will to stop us spending will stand up for much longer in PL voting.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

They’ll increase the limits as it’s not been raised to take into account inflation for a start. So many clubs appear to be on the limit, it’s not sustainable in its current guise and I don’t  think the will to stop us spending will stand up for much longer in PL voting.

Clubs at the limit: Forest, ourselves, Villa, Man United and Chelsea. 

Votes needed to pass a rule change: 14. 

So, 9 more votes needed to change the rule. I don’t see it happening and would urge you not to get your hopes up. 

Don’t get me wrong, the rules are absolute dogshit, the only things the current rules do is protect incumbents which is exactly why they won’t be loosened imho. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Clubs at the limit: Forest, ourselves, Villa, Man United and Chelsea. 

Votes needed to pass a rule change: 14. 

So, 9 more votes needed to change the rule. I don’t see it happening and would urge you not to get your hopes up. 

Don’t get me wrong, the rules are absolute dogshit, the only things the current rules do is protect incumbents which is exactly why they won’t be loosened imho. 

I would add Everton to that list and think others will be thinking differently now judging by lack of spending. A major problem is aligning the PL and UEFA rules though, not sure how clubs wanting change and with ambitions of competing in Europe get round that, if you qualify Europe you could then find yourself having to slash spending, when it’s a time you should be looking to invest more.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I would add Everton to that list and think others will be thinking differently now judging by lack of spending. A major problem is aligning the PL and UEFA rules though, not sure how clubs wanting change and with ambitions of competing in Europe get round that, if you qualify Europe you could then find yourself having to slash spending, when it’s a time you should be looking to invest more.

Aye Everton maybe, but they actually have no money, it isn’t just a FFP thing for them. Uefa rule are interesting thoug but I don’t think they should be taken seriously, I mean PSG have never had more than a fine despite paying the most ridiculous transfer fees and wage bills. 

Neymar, Messi and Mbappe ffs :lol: 

There are signs that, with the big inflation of transfer fees for players of average ability, that the spending limits need to be adjusted a bit. Most clubs need to be struggling. It doesn't have to be a big increase.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Arsenal also in that mix after Havertz and Rice.

Fucking hell, how did I miss little plucky Arsenal and Lego head the underdogs who have spend big since they appointed him. 

That being said, I still don’t think loosening benefits most of these teams, if you are them the last thing you want to do is give upstarts like us more rope. 

At the very least they need to increase the margin for error, create some sort of financial 'end zone' whereby once you're in it you cannot make any more transfers. A hard pass / fail line with a ridiculously high level of risk feels a bit too edge of a cliff like for me and surely goes against what the PL are pretending to try to achieve. They're basically saying it's okay if we relegate you and you struggle, but if you do it to yourself then tough titties.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

At the very least they need to increase the margin for error, create some sort of financial 'end zone' whereby once you're in it you cannot make any more transfers. A hard pass / fail line with a ridiculously high level of risk feels a bit too edge of a cliff like for me and surely goes against what the PL are pretending to try to achieve. They're basically saying it's okay if we relegate you and you struggle, but if you do it to yourself then tough titties.

The fixed are easy and don’t require much effort or thought to be frank. 

I just don’t see a desire to do so, ultimately everyone wants to protect the position they have and weakening rivals is one of the strategies to do so. 

On the topic of sending our youngsters out on loan and Ndiweni staying relatively local by going to Annan Athletic.

Have we ever had a successful loan move when sending our youngsters to a local club?

n the past we've sent loads to Gateshead, Hartlepool etc but the most successful ones have been further afield: Anderson (Bristol), Longstaff (Blackpool), Carroll (Preston)

Our outgoing loans seem to be generally disastrous

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

On the topic of sending our youngsters out on loan and Ndiweni staying relatively local by going to Annan Athletic.

Have we ever had a successful loan move when sending our youngsters to a local club?

n the past we've sent loads to Gateshead, Hartlepool etc but the most successful ones have been further afield: Anderson (Bristol), Longstaff (Blackpool), Carroll (Preston)

Our outgoing loans seem to be generally disastrous

Dummett went to Gateshead, Krul to Carlisle. They both also had other loans a bit further afield in Scotland as well though.

Most of the players we've sent on loan to Pools and Heed have never really had much chance of a future here tbh.

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Here is the club's chance to make up for this underwhelming transfer window. 

It's crazy how bad that move turned out to be. Stoke seems to have been the death of a lot of strikers over the last 15 or so years.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's crazy how bad that move turned out to be. Stoke seems to have been the death of a lot of strikers over the last 15 or so years.

Their transfer strategy makes little sense, just seem to throw a lot of money around and hope something sticks

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Start early, what’s everyone’s thoughts on most important positions to target this summer ? 

Striker, RW, AM, RCB. Not sure on DM. We’ve been linked with a few but it doesn’t seem like a position we’re prioritising 

Just now, joeyt said:

Their transfer strategy makes little sense, just seem to throw a lot of money around and hope something sticks

Feel like they sign players based on reputation, bit of a lesser 2017 -2022 Everton about them.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Start early, what’s everyone’s thoughts on most important positions to target this summer ? 

1. Right wing/forward who can maybe play across as a 9 when needed

2. A Midfielder (not sure on the position but a ball player)

3. Centre back

4. Left back