Optimistic Nut

43 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

2 x midfielders to replace Bruno and Joelinton

Striker to replace Wilson

Right forward to replace Almiron or Murphy

Centre back

Left back

Goalkeeper 

Dya mean a Centre back to replace botman ? Saying as we are getting rid of our 2 Best midfielders as well

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Those who are adamant Bruno is being sold this summer I’d just like to ask to who and for how much?

He won’t be going this Summer. We’ll see. But I don’t believe he will, or we will want him too.

Combination of what I'd like to see / what I think will happen:

Current squad

• Keep Bruno
  • Extend Joelinton
  • Sell Miggy or Murphy (depending on value for each)
  • Keep Wilson*
  • Extend Lascelles*
  • Quietly shop around Longstaff and Anderson; sell if value is there
  • Sell Targett and his £100k/wk wages if at all possible
  • Bring back no more than one of Krafth, Dummett, and Ritchie

New players

• Big budget RW, ideally with flexibility a la Gordon
  • CM with technical quality (I think you can make a case for a more attack or defensive minded player)
  • Young RCB
  • Young striker#
  • LB^

* Possible that these are slightly out of our hands if the players want more playing time. 
# Needs to be more proven if Wilson is sold unless the RW is a more than capable striker
^ Trickiest one to call given existing options, questions about Hall, etc.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Sorry if posted already. I'd post a summary but there's nothing of great interest in there.

Thuram, Kone and Haidara too risky.

Onana, Billing and McTominay monitored.

Interest in Sesko, Toney and Solanke.

Also Gibbs-White, Jacob Ramsey and Conor Gallagher on the list with Joeinton and Bruno’s futures uncertain.

The above in no way adds weight to the argument of those who think Howe prefers Premiership based players.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Also Gibbs-White, Jacob Ramsey and Conor Gallagher on the list with Joeinton and Bruno’s futures uncertain.

The above in no way adds weight to the argument of those who think Howe prefers Premiership based players.

Yao off a cliff.gif

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Imagine preferring Onana, Mctominay and Billing to Thuram and Kone.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Imagine preferring Onana, Mctominay and Billing to Thuram and Kone.

For mid-season signings - prioritising PL experience. Doesn't suggest that we'll have the same preference come the summer.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

For mid-season signings - prioritising PL experience. Doesn't suggest that we'll have the same preference come the summer.

Shouldn’t make a difference imo, I’d always go for quality and potential over average prem players.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Shouldn’t make a difference imo, I’d always go for quality and potential over average prem players.

Have you read the article? Seems you've just taken two separate pieces of information and merged them together to annoy yourself about something?

I think summer will be another lowish spending window, lower than usual. The money won’t be there for Bruno and I doubt a better offer will be forthcoming for Joelinton.

McTominay and Gallagher are lazy links, and I suspect Onana is getting shopped around because Everton need the money.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Have you read the article? Seems you've just taken two separate pieces of information and merged them together to annoy yourself about something?

Im not annoyed about anything, I am replying to your previous comment about prioritising PL experience mid season. I was saying to me it wouldn’t matter. I would go with for the quality of Thuram etc over the likes of Mctominay, regardless of PL experience.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Im not annoyed about anything, I am replying to your previous comment about prioritising PL experience mid season. I was saying to me it wouldn’t matter. I would go with for the quality of Thuram etc over the likes of Mctominay, regardless of PL experience.

Fair enough, I got the impression from your original message that it annoyed you that we preferred McTominay etc over Thuram, Kone etc when that's not really what it says. 

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Fair enough, I got the impression from your original message that it annoyed you that we preferred McTominay etc over Thuram, Kone etc when that's not really what it says. 

No not at all, and at the end of the day the club has pretty much got every transfer spot on so far. They can do whatever they see as the best for us and I will back them 100%. My own opinion is irrelevant really but I do think there is better value and quality in the European market rather than PL.

Edited by SUPERTOON

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think summer will be another lowish spending window, lower than usual. The money won’t be there for Bruno and I doubt a better offer will be forthcoming for Joelinton.

McTominay and Gallagher are lazy links, and I suspect Onana is getting shopped around because Everton need the money.

Even if that's how it transpires, it won't be a disaster for us. Our real need next season will be for another striker, a young CB understudy, and if possible a RW option. We'll have a lot of players coming back from injury so our squad will look a lot better than it has this time round. But we do definitely need a striker to replace Wilson so I imagine if we can sell a couple of players we will be able to bring in some.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Those who are adamant Bruno is being sold this summer I’d just like to ask to who and for how much?

Personally think it will be PSG, and it will be for just under his release clause. So like, 90m. Think it's PSG or nobody mind. Barca can't afford, Real have other targets, no one besides City could pay 100m in the PL and they have Rodri. 

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Personally think it will be PSG, and it will be for just under his release clause. So like, 90m. Think it's PSG or nobody mind. Barca can't afford, Real have other targets, no one besides City could pay 100m in the PL and they have Rodri. 

I think that trip to Paris was the rubber stamp. Will be a heartbreaker but that’s the modern game, romance kicked out of it by number crunchers and fucking spreadsheets.

His sale could set the club up for the next three years of evolution. Replacing him will be the hardest job, he’s the absolute heartbeat of the side.

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If anything it makes more sense to get them in and give them a chance to bed in for next season.