NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Think we just need 2 or 3 players at the right level.

RW, LB, CB.

I agree with other sentiments that we probably need a striker and CM to add to that list as well. That’s 5 players. That’s at least two more summer windows imo to get the right players in and that’s fighting against FFP ans whatever other new rule the league want to try and hamstring us with. We’re still a way off from competing consistently. 

Surely CB is critical position? Got to be looking long term, and outside Schar and Botman, we drop to Lascelles :D and Burn who’s slow as anything.

Schar is amazing, but we really need a CB with actual pace in that defence as another option.

Only need to see some of the top sides who have that pacey CB and how they can be more aggressive in their play as a result.

7 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Tim "South American Football Expert" Vickery said he's a similar sort of player to Bruno.

Don’t think he’s as technical as Bruno but certainly has an engine, an all Brazilian midfield 3 would be interesting.

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Don’t think he’s as technical as Bruno but certainly has an engine, an all Brazilian midfield 3 would be interesting.

He has a bit of Bruno - Willock and Big Joe to his game 

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

I agree with other sentiments that we probably need a striker and CM to add to that list as well. That’s 5 players. That’s at least two more summer windows imo to get the right players in and that’s fighting against FFP ans whatever other new rule the league want to try and hamstring us with. We’re still a way off from competing consistently. 

We don’t need a striker imo.  We just need a fit Isak. 

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

If RW, ST and LB are the spots we need to buy for, what's the order of priority?

Also feel sorry for whoever has to come in and 'compete' with Isak.

RW priority for me, still the only position we haven’t directly strengthened since the takeover.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We don’t need a striker imo.  We just need a fit Isak. 

We’ve been short with Isak, Wilson and Gordon filling in. Definitely could do with a young striker to bring off the bench this summer.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We’ve been short with Isak, Wilson and Gordon filling in. Definitely could do with a young striker to bring off the bench this summer.

Sell Wilson, buy someone with a better fitness record. Not many clubs have more than 2 centre-forwards plus a winger or two who can fill in. 

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

RW priority for me, still the only position we haven’t directly strengthened since the takeover.

Yep same for me. Can't remember if there's been any concrete links or bids we put in for any though? Really feels like it's the next spot that would be a game changer for us. Interested in the type we would go for, I assume it would be someone more creative as opposed to a goal scorer like Barnes.

Can't decide an order after that, and could even argue for a CB and CM.

Providing it's not another window of being falsely cash strapped, I can't wait for this one!

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sell Wilson, buy someone with a better fitness record.

I'm in this boat. If Isak's backup is literally just fit most of the season instead of injured most of the season I'd be a happy camper.

Also who in the England setup mentioned that Gordon will finish his career as a CF? I vaguely remember a quote about that. He's a decent enough third choice - he can at least stretch defenses. 

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sell Wilson, buy someone with a better fitness record. Not many clubs have more than 2 centre-forwards plus a winger or two who can fill in. 

Agree 100%. If it wasn’t for the fact our squad looked so bleak during January then was possibly the time to move Wilson on or this summer. 

Unfortunately Isak similar to Wilson seem to be made of glass hence the need for some kind of 3rd option. Keeping Wilson next year doesn’t solve any problems as fitness record recently is so unreliable.

I literally class Isak and Wilson as one player such are their fitness concerns. Which has been proven this season.

Edited by LFEE

Two mistakes we cant do again. Not signing a quality RW, and the strikers wont stay fit (We know that). Big mistake not signing both. Would love a DM, and we need quality cover for Schar. His downfall can come quick.

A forward who can play right side or up top should be the priority for me, that’s where the major money should be spent providing no star players leave. I have no idea who that could be mind? 

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

A forward who can play right side or up top should be the priority for me, that’s where the major money should be spent providing no star players leave. I have no idea who that could be mind? 

Bowen would be a great fit for that profile but we won't get him

Both good shouts and proven premiership players. Looking at liverpools recruitment over the years they’ve bought plenty from Europe so I’d like us to follow suit.

Edited by black_n_white

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He might be a bit underwhelming but I do think Mbeumo would fit that profile well too and he's only 24

I would be delighted with him.

Edited by SUPERTOON