NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Gallagher would be a massive upgrade on Longstaff so should be a no brainer if available for a respectable fee(which won't happen if we're involved)

When all are fit we already have 7 CMs fighting over 3 places. CM is the last place we need to buy for in the summer.

Yes Gallagher is an upgrade on Longstaff but we'd have to pay at least four times the fee we'd get for him.

Edited by Beth

6 hours ago, Beth said:

When all are fit we already have 7 CMs fighting over 3 places. CM is the last place we need to buy for in the summer.

Yes Gallagher is an upgrade on Longstaff but we'd have to pay at least four times the fee we'd get for him.

Yeah I agree on Gallagher. He’d slot into our midfield well but with Tonali coming back, Willock hopefully back to full fitness next season, Anderson is going to get better and Joelinton has resigned I just don’t see the need. In the event of a Bruno sale there’d obviously have to be a restructure a bit but even then I couldn’t see Gallagher coming in.

Our transfer funds will go heavily towards CB, striker, winger and possibly a starting LB too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I think that the footballing profile of Gallagher is very similar to both Bruno and Sandro. 
In terms of determination and leadership he’s probably equal to Bruno (can’t say yet for Sandro).

If we were losing one of those then Gallagher would be worth considering as a replacement.

Just now, Lotus said:

I think that the footballing profile of Gallagher is very similar to both Bruno and Sandro. 
In terms of determination and leadership he’s probably equal to Bruno (can’t say yet for Sandro).

If we were losing one of those then Gallagher would be worth considering as a replacement.

Conor Gallagher could never replace what Bruno gives us. 

Gallagher is one of the league's best pressers and consistently covers more ground in PL games than any other player. If we are after him, I suspect that's why.

Very underwhelming signing if true, but there will be method to the madness

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Isn’t that what Tonali is? 

Not sure what his plan for Tonali is. I’d rather have Tonali/Gallagher as cover. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

The rumours about Gallagher seem too persistent for there not to be something in them. He does seem a good character and, having learnt from doubting Gordon, I'm prepared to wait and see on this one if he comes in.

Yes, there are other positions I'd like recruited first, but I'm guessing there are a range of options and combinations we're thinking of depending on where we finish and whether we're in some sort of European football or not.

Either way, better than waiting till the last day of the window with no rumours at all and then half-heartedly scuffling about for some sort of loan deal we don't even get, like we used to do.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

The rumours about Gallagher seem too persistent for there not to be something in them. He does seem a good character and, having learnt from doubting Gordon, I'm prepared to wait and see on this one if he comes in.

Yes, there are other positions I'd like recruited first, but I'm guessing there are a range of options and combinations we're thinking of depending on where we finish and whether we're in some sort of European football or not.

Either way, better than waiting till the last day of the window with no rumours at all and then half-heartedly scuffling about for some sort of loan deal we don't even get, like we used to do.

Maybe he’s one the management team want and have tracked as they did with Anthony Gordon? 

Edited by PauloGeordio

I'm all aboard wanting MGW like, think he's a good mix of adding technical quality but having the physical profile that is perfect for Howe. Could see him stepping up a level like Gordon has.

I'm thinking he'd play wide right rather than in midfield 3, like would have been the case if we'd got Maddison.

Edited by ponsaelius

There’s no way Gallagher is even an upgrade on longstaff, he seems very much a headless chicken with a first touch like a shot. But if Howe wanted him ….

Just now, MickMack said:

There’s no way Gallagher is even an upgrade on longstaff, he seems very much a headless chicken with a first touch like a shot. But if Howe wanted him ….

Im not a massive Gallagher fan, but he is levels above Longstaff imo.