NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Chelsea are meant to want 50m for him, paying that for what would be a squad player would obviously be madness. Let’s focus on resources on area we are more in need of. 

39 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Can only think Gallagher would be a Longstaff upgrade without losing the home grown talent number.

The homegrown number isn't the problem, we've got a decent number of UK-trained players in the squad, it's the club-developed number that's a problem (if we get into Europe)

I'd just let go and continue to trust the recruitment team if they were in for him. The lesson should have been learned with Pope and then Gordon on what the team needs I reckon. ie we know nowt :lol:

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd just let go and continue to trust the recruitment team if they were in for him. The lesson should have been learned with Pope and then Gordon on what the team needs I reckon. ie we know nowt :lol:

Might have been there looking at somebody else! Gallagher smokescreen! 

:howe:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Might have been there looking at somebody else! Gallagher smokescreen! 

:howe:

Haha, personally I don’t think we will go for a Cm this summer, if we do though I’d imagine it’d because Bruno has gone. 

46 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It will never be learned :lol: The other one is the summer fixation. 1-3 players who we absolutely must be signing, all the evidence is there, the media says we're interested, the stats show they will take Europe by storm next season and they're exactly the profile our club needs. How could we not buy them. It will be yet another blown opportunity when they eventually sign for Fulham, another transfer window of crushing disappointment. Then they get quietly forgotten when they're shit.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

It will never be learned :lol: The other one is the summer fixation. 1-3 players who we absolutely must be signing, all the evidence is there, the media says we're interested, the stats show they will take Europe by storm next season and they're exactly the profile our club needs. How could we not buy them. It will be yet another blown opportunity when they eventually sign for Fulham, another transfer window of crushing disappointment. Then they get quietly forgotten when they're shit.

Yeah, whenever's there's loads of smoke around a player (Paqueta, Maddison, Phillips) I just assume it's not happening now. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, whenever's there's loads of smoke around a player (Paqueta, Maddison, Phillips) I just assume it's not happening now. :lol:

Diaby, Ekitike, Pedro, Tielemans, Digne... I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Not saying they're all shit, but the obsession with them and only them can be mental sometimes.

Edited by 80

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I agree on Gallagher. He’d slot into our midfield well but with Tonali coming back, Willock hopefully back to full fitness next season, Anderson is going to get better and Joelinton has resigned I just don’t see the need. In the event of a Bruno sale there’d obviously have to be a restructure a bit but even then I couldn’t see Gallagher coming in.

Our transfer funds will go heavily towards CB, striker, winger and possibly a starting LB too.

Not forgetting young Miley

47 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There were plumes of it around Trippier, Botman and Barnes, mind you. 

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I'm all aboard wanting MGW like, think he's a good mix of adding technical quality but having the physical profile that is perfect for Howe. Could see him stepping up a level like Gordon has.

I'm thinking he'd play wide right rather than in midfield 3, like would have been the case if we'd got Maddison.

Yeah I think the intention would be to have him as first choice on the right of a three but flexible to cover RCM if required. Think he’d be an excellent signing.

Gallagher is as close to being a "Howe player" as you could find in this league. If money was no option (obviously it is) then I think he'd be fantastic here.

Unfortunately we're going to have to be extremely clever in the market for the next 2-3 years, so can't see us paying premium for an area we can't really afford to improve at the moment. Keeper, CB, LB, RW and backup striker all need sorting before CM.

2 hours ago, Lordshola said:

Arsenal get knocked out of CL and now the “rumours” start of them targeting Isak and Bruno…

:memelol:

I can't wait for the summer and shutting all these jokers down.

17 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Sell our best players to our rivals and buy their cast offs for obscene amounts of money, seems like a great plan. Isak out - Nketiah in and Bruno out for Gallagher. We must appease our overlords. 

Check out anxiety level man.

You act like the deal already been signed and Isak is on his way London.

4 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Gallagher would be a great signing for us

Id rather not help Chelsea out with FFP anymore than we already have with Hall. 

I also don’t really rate him that highly. Would be an improvement over Longstaff but I kind of prefer letting Miley develop and maybe signing someone from another league who can free up Bruno. Bruno, Joe, Tonali Miley, Longstaff, (new player), Anderson/Willock who can fill in on the left and in CM. Not a bad group of CM. I’d like a proper strong holding mid with some distribution skills if we bring someone in.  

4 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Gallagher would be a great signing for us

Id rather not help Chelsea out with FFP anymore than we already have with Hall. 

I also don’t really rate him that highly. Would be an improvement over Longstaff but I kind of prefer letting Miley develop and maybe signing someone from another league who can free up Bruno. Bruno, Joe, Tonali Miley, Longstaff, (new player), Anderson/Willock who can fill in on the left and in CM. Not a bad group of CM. I’d like a proper strong holding mid with some distribution skills if we bring someone in.  

Gallagher would be fine if he came up through the youth ranks like Longstaff did. But we already have Longstaff and I don't particularly want to upgrade Longstaff for £50m with a player who is just a marginally better version of him and probably doesn't start if all players are fit.

I’d love to hear the negotiation if arsenal do come in for Isak. Richest owners in football. Manager who loves the player. Player who loves the club. 20 goal scorer yet to reach his peak, most goals per minute in the league after only his second full season. Proven in 4 different leagues now. Plays 3-4 positions. Key player for his national side.

”hello we are calling about the availability of Ale..☎️

Good luck with that one. Would easily have to be a record breaking PL transfer. Same goes for Bruno. Could only really see Real Madrid taking Bruno off us and even that is a stretch considering their situation. Don’t see them spending 100 plus million on a CM.

Stress and anxiety are kind of like a drug. We all like getting riled up and getting high off fear. That’s how horror movies work. 

Edited by Sufi

Why do some on here keep saying we need to sign another LB?

In Targett and Hall we have/are about to pay the thick end of £50m for them. Not to mention Burn, Tino and Trippier can all play there as well.

It would be a total waste of our limited transfer budget to allocate any of it to a LB.