NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

The gonzalez links will be from the back of them planes flying from Florence. That's their version of the chronicle posting it

Mad how "ITK" twitter spreads it's bullshit overseas

To be fair I heard the reasons for that trip was to scout a player called "David", big physical specimen but his tackling seemed limited

Judge for yourself I guess:

David-marble-sculpture-Michelangelo-Acca

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That’s really not the case though, pretty much the majority of our business the press have known about.

Off the top of my head they didn't see Staveley going or Mitchell coming in until it was already done. Isak was basically completed before it was reported, and even then it came from Spain first. I've zero faith in these journalists or any of these social media personalities trying to copy the tap in merchant Romano. Ornstein is probably the only one I'd listen to.

Edited by Decky

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Off the top of my head they didn't see Staveley going or Mitchell coming in until it was already done. Isak was basically completed before it was reported, and even then it came from Spain first. I've zero faith in these journalists or any of these social media personalities trying to copy the tap in merchant Romano. Ornstein is probably the only one I'd listen to.

Stavely and Mitchell were not transfers. Isak was known a few days before the confirmation, as are most transfers. We may have our own house in order, but with transfers you also have the selling party, the agent, the player and their entourage, so much more chance of a leak.

Just now, Decky said:

Off the top of my head they didn't see Staveley going or Mitchell coming in until it was already done. Isak was basically completed before it was reported, and even then it came from Spain first. 

Not quite true on Isak. It was out the blue in terms of the deal being agreed, but we had been credited with strong interest by Baldwards and others in the months before, even if it all seemed fairly tenuous at the time.

If anything, the Tonali deal was more of a shock than the Isak one, as it went from 0-100 much quicker.

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Not knowing about Mitchell and Staveley is completely different to knowing about transfers. Isak one was out of the blue (had been linked earlier in the window). I’m pretty sure every other transfer we have made under these owners was in the press before it happened. Certainly the majority of them anyway.

Mitchell and Staveley might not be transfers but its still club business that these journos are paid to know about. Anyway, even if some deals do get reported on, how many players have we been linked to online so far this summer and we've only signed one proper first-team player who is likely to have an impact this season in Lloyd Kelly which the town and country knew we were going for even before the season ended. My point is these rumours aren't worth the bandwidth, 99% of it is clickbait nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

It's got to the point now that if I see articles linking us with a player I put it firmly into the 'not going to happen' category. Anytime we've done significant business it's come out of nowhere and these know it all journalists didn't know a thing about any of it. 

To be fair Livramento, Barnes, Gordon and Botman were all linked for an age before we signed them. It just depends on how leaky the agent and selling club are.

The Italian press broke we'd won the race for Botman, so while unreliable, they're more likely to break news than our end who get what they're given.

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Isak was known a few days before the confirmation, as are most transfers. 

Looking at page one of the Isak thread it was only known about after Real Sociedad had already accepted our bid though. We'll hear about signings when they're at an advanced stage. I take all this "Newcastle are interested in...." stuff with a massive pinch of salt. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

I know Gonzalez is rated and his numbers and all that look great, but stylistically what sort of player is he?

Has he got that creative element people want from the right winger?

Haven't really seen much of Fiorentina the last few years.

From what I’ve seen he plays similarly to Mbuemo? Not super creative; loves a long shot.

Edited by McCormick

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

Looking at page one of the Isak thread it was only known about after Real Sociedad had already accepted our bid though. We'll hear about signings when they're at an advanced stage. I take all this "Newcastle are interested in...." stuff with a massive pinch of salt. 

He would have been mentioned on the more general transfer rumours thread well before then I reckon

Just now, Keegans Export said:

He would have been mentioned on the more general transfer rumours thread well before then I reckon

I'm not sure he was in that way. More so in the "I'd love us to sign Isak" way than the "Daily Shite is saying we're after Isak" type way.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

To be fair I heard the reasons for that trip was to scout a player called "David", big physical specimen but his tackling seemed limited

Judge for yourself I guess:

Reveal hidden contents

David-marble-sculpture-Michelangelo-Acca

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

From what I’ve seen he plays similarly to Mbuemo? Not super creative; loves a long shot.

Number of people have mentioned he loves a long shot. I quite like that.

Still think we don't shoot enough from outside the box, and aren't good enough at it.

Would be a welcome addition.

8 hours ago, Zero said:

To my surprise, it does looks like the club, or the management, didn’t prepare the summer thoroughly. In other words, it seems like Ashworths work since January had not been taken up well by other management / staff

Well some of the people planning have left and we've brought in someone with their own ideas.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

It won’t happen. We won’t target those that has no resale value 3-4 seasons later I.E. max age 24

27 before this season ends does seem a bit on the high side. At the same time, if you’re using Almiron to partially fund it and getting four years younger then I could see it.

52 minutes ago, Decky said:

Mitchell and Staveley might not be transfers but its still club business that these journos are paid to know about. Anyway, even if some deals do get reported on, how many players have we been linked to online so far this summer and we've only signed one proper first-team player who is likely to have an impact this season in Lloyd Kelly which the town and country knew we were going for even before the season ended. My point is these rumours aren't worth the bandwidth, 99% of it is clickbait nonsense. 

I dont think Staveley knew never mind the journos