NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

12 minutes ago, jack j said:

Might be the best time to cash in on Murphy like

Think Murphy is ahead of Miggy as a backup now, personally. He was pretty productive last season. He's also younger and cheaper.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Think Murphy is ahead of Miggy as a backup now, personally. He was pretty productive last season. He's also younger and cheaper.

And shitter 

Just now, MickMack said:

And shitter 

Nope.

Miggy is better defensively though, but we need more in those forward areas.

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What has Madueke done to be worth £40m? Less productive than the lad I can’t speak about in Holland.  Average underlying stats in the PL. Averwge output.  

In a inferior league for a dominant team, wonder if you switched them around if that stats would stay the same, suspect very much not

We've had almost every opinion going on both players, including myself. You could argue that Murphy is at his career high value at the moment, therefore we should sell him now. But he also looks more valuable to the squad than Miggy, so you take your choice I guess. 

3 hours ago, tarie4 said:

No, however, I do see some significant gaps in the calculations provided, with emphasis on SIGNIFICANT. I will refrain from elaborating on this matter due to the apparent arrogance displayed by you and others in your arguments. I believe time will reveal the this, and I will revisit this topic in the near future. For now, I will remain silent regarding this. 

You seem to consistently want others to provide all the evidence to the point that I can't tell if you're trolling. But I'd be happy to discuss the significant gaps if you'd be kind enough to point them out instead of waiting for some future `I told you so` moment.

Madueke PL stats - 20 starts, 6 goals

Gordon (pre-NUFC) PL stats - 42 starts, 7 goals

Now they’re very high level stats, that nowhere near prove anything either way, but you can see why he might be considered the kind of profile we consider.

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I'd be very interested in an actual, valuable reply in the FFP thread, but looks like you'd rather stick to asking other people to put the hard yards in for you, then tell them continuously how wrong they are without providing any meaningful analysis yourself :dontknow:

I ask questions to understand how you arrived at your conclusion or reasoning.

The figures and statistics are easily accessible to anyone interested, but I am more interested in how they are interpreted.

No one outside the club can accurately determine our financial flexibility from the figures, since most were unaware of the exact amount required for compliance. Therefore, I ask to better understand your interpretation.

Instead of engaging in a meaningful and respectful discussion, you resort to insults.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Now they’re very high level stats, that nowhere near prove anything either way, but you can see why he might be considered the kind of profile we consider.

Some players you have a good feeling about, others you dont. Not aiming this at you, but because it happened once with Gordon the next one will follow the same path? Gordon was the perfect Howe player he just lacked some end product. Dont see the same with Madueke.

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

You seem to consistently want others to provide all the evidence to the point that I can't tell if you're trolling. But I'd be happy to discuss the significant gaps if you'd be kind enough to point them out instead of waiting for some future `I told you so` moment.

Excuse me, I believe you may have misunderstood my posts. When someone makes a statement with absolute certainty, such as claiming that the club was mismanaged, isn't it reasonable for me to request an alternative perspective? I understand that this is a blog and we have the freedom to express our opinions, but in a constructive discussion, it seems appropriate to provide more than just a general statement like "it was mismanaged." Would you not agree?

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

From what I’ve seen he carries and dribbles the ball through challenges quite well too, which might open up defences in a different way to a creative passer. While also having the other attributes Howe likes. 

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Some players you have a good feeling about, others you dont. Not aiming this at you, but because it happened once with Gordon the next one will follow the same path? Gordon was the perfect Howe player he just lacked some end product. Dont see the same with Madueke.

Which is fair enough, but the majority of people on here, and wider, didn’t see that with Gordon (even for a few months after he signed tbh).

Said it before, Murphy you have to keep because he’s a competent body for RB too if needed in an emergency. Miggy really offers nothing apart from RW, so has to be sold out of the two. 

4 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Excuse me, I believe you may have misunderstood my posts. When someone makes a statement with absolute certainty, such as claiming that the club was mismanaged, isn't it reasonable for me to request an alternative perspective? I understand that this is a blog and we have the freedom to express our opinions, but in a constructive discussion, it seems appropriate to provide more than just a general statement like "it was mismanaged." Would you not agree?

You said "in the calculations," which I assume was referencing the linked post, which I will reiterate is a estimated guess based on the numbers we do have. I've bowed out of the June / Minteh discussion as there's no end.

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Weird how we all see the same differently. I do see Madueke as an Eddie player and one that will flourish under his coaching.

Only 22 as well so loads of development time.

I think he'd be a great signing for us and him and Gordon running at defences as we transition would be terrifying for opposition defences.

53 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

In fairness Madueke has looked more impressive playing for PSV before his Chelsea move than Minteh has done for Feyenoord last season. I reckon Madueke at 40m is decent value considering his age and experience.

Fair. 

He’s just been ok to me at Chelsea. Quick, solid technically but he’s not particularly productive. Doesn’t seem to have a killer instinct or regular final ball. Reminds me a little of Sancho, you can tell there’s talent technically, quick but not rapid.  Not really a playmaker, not really a creator or a goalscorer. 

His stats suggest a tidy passer, decent ball carrier but nothing special.  Or nothing that’s can be taken dramatically to the next level. 

If you spend £40m on a winger carefully you can get a special player. Or close. I don’t think Madueke has a ceiling above ‘good’. 

Could be wrong. Might do a AG. 

Minteh still looks a raw player to me. But certain aspects of his game and stats makes me think his ceiling is higher. Or at the least a more exciting player.  

2 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Weird how we all see the same differently. I do see Madueke as an Eddie player and one that will flourish under his coaching.

Only 22 as well so loads of development time.

I think he'd be a great signing for us and him and Gordon running at defences as we transition would be terrifying for opposition defences.

He has some qualities for sure, I just think we can do better.

Lets be honest madueke will be an upgrade on miggy and Murphy. It's the price that bothers me, if we can shift miggy then I'll be happy with the signing. 

Edited by andycap

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

You said "in the calculations," which I assume was referencing the linked post, which I will reiterate is a estimated guess based on the numbers we do have. I've bowed out of the June / Minteh discussion as there's no end.

I understand. However, I would like to know where you derived the statement, "You seem to consistently want others to provide all the evidence to the point that I can't tell if you're trolling." That is the reason for my post.

If you follow the conversation from when I asked TCD a question, which was replied by someone else quoting your analysis and calculations, I said that the calculation can't be taken as a fact, as you also clearly point out that it is an estimated guess.

Given the current atmosphere of hostility and arrogance, engaging in a discussion where we can both question and debate would be a waste of my time and everyone involved. Instead, it would be more prudent to allow events to unfold and then discuss them based on facts rather than hypotheticals.

I am open to engaging in a respectful and productive conversation with someone who is willing to ask questions and be questioned in return.

So saying something like "want others to provide all the evidence" when you acknowledge that there is a bit of guess work in you calculations defeats this would you not agree?