NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

just read something since  i posted that, it states that they valued the womans team at £150M (as does that article) yet before that Nice Womans team which is one of the most popular ever apparantly is valued at £42M - their shit seriously needs to stop.

11 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Conceicao?

Possibly... I genuinely can't remember so I didn't want to share it.

10 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I'm sure you get asked loads, so apologies to add to that but is a RW still on the agenda if we purchase Guehi do you know?

I'm honestly not sure. I would imagine so, but I can't say with any certainty.

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Came across as a diving, cheating little turd at the Euros - much like Gordon did before he joined

Just like his dad in the away Inter match, dont think i've held a grudge against a single player (and bloodline) like it since

The Athletic did a video on him being the ideal RW signing for us

Edited by geordie_b

54 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I wouldn’t worry about PSR sales, as before claiming a sale is needed you need to know the revenue and costs.

On the revenue side it would be pretty dumb to do a sale they don’t want to do now, then find at the end of the year by finishing 3rd in the league and having great cup runs has generated more TV money and prize money and the sale was never needed. Or they get another commercial deal done.

I notice you sensibly didn't include home gate receipts from cup games. Seven in a row away from home and counting!! That alone must be worth £3-4m per season in lost revenue.

I do hate Footbll365 but this made me laugh 

Can we talk about Chelsea? Specifically whatever it is that is fueling their signing and over paying for so many players. They’re about to sign Pedro Neto for £60 million. Where is this money coming from? They’re not in the champions league this season. How do they expect to be financially compliant? You could say I’m just a bitter Arsenal fan, but the fact is, that half those players they’ve signed have probably borked their whole careers. Sure, they’re on nice, 8 year contracts so financially they’re fine, but the likelihood of them succeeding now has taken a huge hit.

It feels like those people who pay cash to flip some house on Homes Under the Hammer. They don’t want that 3 bed house, they just want someone to pay them either way more money for them, or they rent it out and get someone else to pay.

I’m half expecting Dion Dublin to turn up at Stamford Bridge and walk around the squad pointing out flaws like ‘habitual knee injuries are something to be dealt with quickly’ etc. PSR and FFP were supposed to fix skullduggery, but it only seems to have encouraged it. Like City with their 115 charges, people are paying others a lot of money to find them loop holes to allow them to cheat. This is anathema to the spirit of fair play. Can’t wait for the season to start so we can talk about football again and not signings.

post from somebody on Football365

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Raphinha would be dreamland like. I wonder if Barca would be open to an economic lever.

They have been open to selling him and Gundogan all summer, neither want to leave and thats the problem Barca have.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They were all in for Raphinha a month ago (not sure if that's still a goer). I've heard another couple of names more recently but can't fucking remember them. One of them plays RW for Porto I think, but I can't remember his name.

The most Eddie Howe winger at Porto would have to be Galeno.

Porto have used him more on the left, but think at Braga he also played on the right sometimes.

Powerful and explosive winger. Reminds me a bit of Cunha at Wolves.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Could be quite an exciting two weeks with £65 million burning a hole in our pockets.

Hope we shop abroad. £70m for Guehi and £60 for Madueke. Madness. We should be able to get a couple of cracking players for £65m from France/Germany/Italy/Spain etc.

Burn, Kelly and soon Botman can fill that role next to Schar. I'd really like Guehi, good player, will get better - but right forward is a more consequential position for us I believe. 

We had defensive issues last season, but I am convinced that was largely in proportion with Pope's absence, as the previous season our defence was the best in the league. I don't believe Guehi would be the crucial factor in solving those issues, right forward however is our weakest area of the squad by a distance. That £60+ million could get us a big player in that position and potentially elevate our forward line to be amongst the strongest in the league.

Edited by Infinitely Content

1 minute ago, Infinitely Content said:

Burn, Kelly and soon Botman can fill that role next to Schar. I'd really like Guehi, good player, will get better - but right forward is a more consequential position for us I believe. 

We had defensive issues last season, but I am convinced that was largely in proportion with Pope's absence, as the previous season our defence was the best in the league. I don't believe Guehi would be the crucial factor in solving those issues, right forward however is our weakest area of the squad by a distance. That £60+ million could get us a big player in that position and potentially elevate our forward line to be amongst the strongest in the league.

No Pope and the severely diminished press I reckon, aye. :thup:

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Could be quite an exciting two weeks with £65 million burning a hole in our pockets.

The problem is the next defender we try to buy know will know they are not our 1st choice?

also other clubs will know we were willing to spend £65m on a RCB 

price will then be inflated , whoever we go in for 

I can see us trying a 5th time and hopefully in private 🥸

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

The problem is the next defender we try to buy know will know they are not our 1st choice?

Isak wasn’t our first choice. That worked out OK! 

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Who says he wasn’t first choice 

I heard he was the one everyone agreed on and all wanted originally , early talks seemed to suggest we didn't have a chance to get him and price was too high 

Then (later in the window) they went all in , and got their man and paid the price they wanted after French kid turned us down 

31 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Fully agree, but we'd be a Schär injury away from a bit of a nightmare. In an ideal world we'll get both.

29 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

We are willing to spend £65m on a player we think is worth that. It doesn’t mean we’re going to spend that on anyone and we’ll happily tell other clubs that. 

36 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

It's extremely risky basing our defensive play around a keeper who's popped his shoulder on more than one occasion, and will be highly susceptible to doing so again. Either bring in a keeper equivalent to Pope, or change our play. Otherwise we're looking very fragile going into this season.

33 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think it's the inverse, Isak was first choice but the fee was massive so we went for somethimg cheap. Wilson injury forced us to pay up. Seems we're willing to just pay what it takes now.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Fully agree, but we'd be a Schär injury away from a bit of a nightmare. In an ideal world we'll get both.

I agree, which is perhaps why it appears we tried to get both Kelly & Tosin on free transfers. We perhaps have reason to believe Schar will be mostly present and available for us though, and should that be the case, he's head and shoulders above Guehi and our other central defenders imo. The most underrated player in the league, such is my conviction anyway.

When c.£60 million could potentially get us a high class right forward, it's a clear preference for me at this point.

Just now, Infinitely Content said:

I agree, which is perhaps why it appears we tried to get both Kelly & Tosin on free transfers. We perhaps have reason to believe Schar will be mostly present and available for us though, and should that be the case, he's head and shoulders above Guehi and our other central defenders imo. The most underrated player in the league, such is my conviction anyway.

When c.£60 million could potentially get us a high class right forward, it's a clear preference for me at this point.

With you totally. :thup:

39 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

That’s football. Who cares?  Craig Bellamy and Laurent Robert weren’t our first choice years ago 

that Yoro wasn’t Man Utd’s first choice and Man Utd wasn’t his first choice either. Countless transfers over the years haven’t been first choice they still get done