NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Not worried, kinda expected, if you really studied the impact of FFP / PSR. 

We’ve offered £60m for Olise & £65m for Guehi there is some money there & Douglas reckons there will be £20m-£30m left over and that’s with no outgoings so there is money there

I feel like we are being very gunshy, looking for the ‘perfect’ transfer. Which is understandable given the FFP / PSR restrictions.

At some point though, we are going to have to take a risk.

Why is the transfer window open after the season starts?

It just seems a bit daft as it causes disruption and I'm always dubious about the character of folk who come in after the season starts, like they didn't want to be here. micheal fucking owen being key amongst them.

Just my feeling though.

28 minutes ago, JP said:

Anyone worried yet?

Lot to do in 10/11 days

I'm more bored than worried.

Going into the season without a marquee signing (and the same poor RW options) is just a bit dull. The only saving grace is Tonali coming back genuinely feels like a new signing.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I'm more bored than worried.

Going into the season without a marquee signing (and the same poor RW options) is just a bit dull. The only saving grace is Tonali coming back genuinely feels like a new signing.

It just feels like a slowing of momentum. The hope was we’d continue to build but this summer and the PSR challenges has dampened the overall pace. Chuck in the non-news on the ground and training pitch and it’s been uneventful.

All could change in a week with a couple of signings and their decision on SJP.

41 minutes ago, Stal said:

Why is the transfer window open after the season starts?

It just seems a bit daft as it causes disruption and I'm always dubious about the character of folk who come in after the season starts, like they didn't want to be here. micheal fucking owen being key amongst them.

Just my feeling though.

They changed it a few years ago to it closing as the season starts iirc and it didn’t work for some reason

and changed it back.

or I’ve made that up but I’m sure it happened 

Who knows city’s case against the PL around sponsorship result could come out next week. Announce a major stadium/training ground sponsor on the Thursday then two big signings on the Friday. 

I can but hope

1 hour ago, gdm said:

We’ve offered £60m for Olise & £65m for Guehi there is some money there & Douglas reckons there will be £20m-£30m left over and that’s with no outgoings so there is money there

1. We do have money to spend, around 6-70m. We have spent some on Osula already.

2. If we do have extras, we should have heard some news or rumours re RW already. None. 

3. We won’t have outgoings. We have been trying our best to move players before June and we failed. Why would you think we can suddenly do it now? Just like the Almiron deal, we have to accept close to nothing price if we want to move them. Probably just wages saving, like the Targett loan.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

1. We do have money to spend, around 6-70m. We have spent some on Osula already.

2. If we do have extras, we should have heard some news or rumours re RW already. None. 

3. We won’t have outgoings. We have been trying our best to move players before June and we failed. Why would you think we can suddenly do it now? Just like the Almiron deal, we have to accept close to nothing price if we want to move them. Probably just wages saving, like the Targett loan.

Deals ‘often’ happen late in the window, you can’t rule anything out at this stage. 

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

1. going by what mark douglas has said today if we spend £65-£70m on Guehi we have about £20m to £30m left which tbh im surprised at 

2. we’ve been linked with Torres yesterday and Madueke just the other day. The Guehi stuff is only public because palace leaked it. If they hadn’t you’d be saying the same thing about CH that you just said about RW. No news or rumours doesn’t mean there’s nothing going on 

3. deals always go late in the window. Seems this window is particularly slow and I think we’ll see a load of deals across the league in the final week. 

i predict up to 6 players will leave. Targett on loan, Fraser and one of Trippier or Almiron (hopefully Almiron) the fact the club were talking to Charlotte means they are willing to let him go. Also either Dubravka will be sold or the Greek guy will be loaned out. We won’t have 5 keepers in the squad. Hayden & Lewis will be loaned out also 

Edited by gdm