NUFC Transfer Rumours

Gigantic week coming, appreciate the updates SP  :thup:

We can already write this season off if they somehow don't secure a CB and RW. To continue with Almiron/Murphy is humiliating.

48 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

We can already write this season off if they somehow don't secure a CB and RW. To continue with Almiron/Murphy is humiliating.

Write the other 36 league matches and cup games off because the window? You can’t be serious. 

24 minutes ago, Zero said:

Howe doesn’t like loan. No point doing these deals if Howe won’t play the player right?

He doesn’t like loan without obligation to buy. He liked the loan for Targett no? Stop being so up Minteh’s ass please. It’s not a good look for a fellow OG of this forum. 

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

We're not going to write the season off. :lol:

Even if we don't sign a RW, we have Gordon, Willock, Barnes and Almiron that can rotate through the 4 spots. Murphy is a good sub. If we're playing against a team sitting back, Isak can also play on the wing. Joelinton has also played higher up and done well. According to transfermarkt, in the season we came 4th, Joelinton played LW 15 games, 11 of which was in the league and he scored 4 goals. We have players who are versatile. It's about matchups.

Screenshot 2567-08-26 at 08.45.19.png

If we have a normal season with injuries, we're probably overstocked in midfield. 

In CM we have: Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Miley, Willock, Longstaff.

We need to sell 1-2 players from midfield if we're going to buy, there aren't enough minutes for everyone. 

Last season has really colored everyone's impression of the depth of the squad, but it was a once in a generation injury crisis. We have the depth this year to change things up match to match.

Edited by Taylor Swift

8 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

I know Eddie Howe keeps saying it’s a small pool we are looking at , however I can’t believe we can’t find 3 players in the world , that aren’t better than these 3 and won’t cost an arm and a leg 

This has been bugging me.

Yadda yadda usual caveats apply about believing what Eddie says, but you're right. I reject the idea that good players who can be moulded through tactics and training into being effective parts of serious teams are as rare as rocking horse shit.

It sounds like we're unnecessarily narrowing our potential talent pool. Being very exacting about what we want is great, but not to the extent it paralyses us and/or leads to PSR bankruptcy. Would Joelinton, Willock and Murphy have been on our shopping list in January 22 if we hadn't already owned them? Pretty obviously not. We need more of the make it work mentality.

I will say that we have played like dog shit for about 120 of our 180 minutes this season and yet we've managed 4 points out of 6 and bettered a result from last year. 

So in theory, if we can make a signing or two, Tonali returns and plays well, we've got a lot of room for improvement. That's the glass half full approach anyway.

It does feel like a pivotal week though. We need something big to energize this group. I hope Mitchell et al can bring it in.

Edited by Memphis

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

I love Miggy dearly, but he's been absolutely shit since Grealish apologised.

This was the moment. He absolutely wasn't very good for Howe for 15 months. Him getting replaced by Murphy was a big part of getting us out of our goal drought and back in the CL hunt in early 2023.

2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

We're not going to write the season off. :lol:

Even if we don't sign a RW, we have Gordon, Willock, Barnes and Almiron that can rotate through the 4 spots. Murphy is a good sub. If we're playing against a team sitting back, Isak can also play on the wing. Joelinton has also played higher up and done well. According to transfermarkt, in the season we came 4th, Joelinton played LW 15 games, 11 of which was in the league and he scored 4 goals. We have players who are versatile. It's about matchups.

Screenshot 2567-08-26 at 08.45.19.png

If we have a normal season with injuries, we're probably overstocked in midfield. 

In CM we have: Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Miley, Willock, Longstaff.

We need to sell 1-2 players from midfield if we're going to buy, there aren't enough minutes for everyone. 

Last season has really colored everyone's impression of the depth of the squad, but it was a once in a generation injury crisis. We have the depth this year to change things up match to match.

That is based on the assumption that it was simply bad luck.  I'd withhold judgement until next summer on that.

4 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s not rocket science.

We’re not looking for squad players for £10m-15m (and I’d argue that, no, you wouldn’t get better players than those you mentioned for that money).

We’re looking for players who can significantly improve the starting 11. They cost £50m+ in most cases. And there’s not many in that bracket who could improve our first 11 AND cost the right amount of money AND not have better options with European football etc.

See ... what you've shared in this post is what is really starting to annoy me.

They seem to really be over thinking things with this narrow pool of players they seem to be looking at.

We are starting Miggy/Almiron on that right side. Two wingers that barely dribble, and make poor decisions with the ball regularly. I'm telling you, we have the worst options in that position in the whole league.

Semenyo was bought for £10 million from the Championship and looks ten times better than Miggy and Murphy.

Elanga cost £15 million, Palmer went to Chelsea for around £35 million, Madueke for £30 million, Bailey cost £30 million, Kudus cost £30 million.

We missed the boat with all of these types of players, seemingly chasing some £50 million 'significant improvement', while suffering through using guys that currently barely look up to Championship standard.

This is so incredibly frustrating. Improving significantly on the pair of them does not require a £50 million player at all! 

There should also be numerous better options across all the leagues we have to pick from. At the minute it feels like every game I put on has a better player there than we do.

This is crazy.

I am desperate for us to bring in a championship player who turns out to be really good. Frustrating seeing other clubs sign seemingly average players for 10-20 million who end up really good and being valued more than double a year later. The number we've monitored and subsequently missed over the years is staggering. Whittaker looks like the next one...

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

See ... what you've shared in this post is what is really starting to annoy me.

They seem to really be over thinking things with this narrow pool of players they seem to be looking at.

We are starting Miggy/Almiron on that right side. Two wingers that barely dribble, and make poor decisions with the ball regularly. I'm telling you, we have the worst options in that position in the whole league.

Semenyo was bought for £10 million from the Championship and looks ten times better than Miggy and Murphy.

Elanga cost £15 million, Palmer went to Chelsea for around £35 million, Madueke for £30 million, Bailey cost £30 million, Kudus cost £30 million.

We missed the boat with all of these types of players, seemingly chasing some £50 million 'significant improvement', while suffering through using guys that currently barely look up to Championship standard.

This is so incredibly frustrating. Improving significantly on the pair of them does not require a £50 million player at all! 

There should also be numerous better options across all the leagues we have to pick from. At the minute it feels like every game I put on has a better player there than we do.

This is crazy.

I agree with this. We’re shopping at Selfridges when we can’t afford it. Until the PSR nonsense is resolved, we need to find these gems from the lower leagues. Is Osula one? Hopefully. We can’t afford £50m for every starter, we don’t have the revenues that Man Utd do. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I am desperate for us to bring in a championship player who turns out to be really good. Frustrating seeing other clubs sign seemingly average players for 10-20 million who end up really good and being valued more than double a year later. The number we've monitored and subsequently missed over the years is staggering. Whittaker looks like the next one...

That Rowe from Norwich would have been worth a punt. Gone to Marseille for 13 million

24 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

It’s not just us - PSR is throttling the market. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c74ljpezv1lo

115 million loss over 3 years, when an average premier League stricker is going for 65 million.

Not sure which one needs to change but I reckon you could buy two / three players for 65 million when the original loss figure was set.

We’ve become paralysed by PSR and the fear of getting it wrong, we seem reluctant to take a chance anymore and by default stuck with paying a premium on PL experience.

A perfect example is the Bournemouth left back who we scouted heavily, but again failed to pull the trigger on last summer and his value has doubled now. Instead we paid big money for Lewis Hall and Tino, I’d say they got far better value and arguably the better player.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

We really signed that Osula chap cause Tindall thought he was decent [emoji38]

Transfer committee my arse.

Low risk low cost signing, no issues with that personally. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

PL down £800m on spends comapred to last year and 1.6bn the year before. They've managed to strangle themselves to death. 

Or mission accomplished because nobody can spend what they can to threaten the big clubs?