NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, KDT said:

Here's the first 3 ratings he got on a Brighton forum for that performance - 

Minteh 5 -- what a prospect, gets fans out of their seats, needs to improve decision-making, had so many opportunities and fluffed pretty much all of them

Minteh 5 (still learning, he won't pass, but you can see that he'll be a huge threat).

Minteh - 4 - Ineffective against probably the best full back in the division. HIs replacement looked a lot more effective than him. I actually think this will do the lad some good, he needs to know the level he has to reach to stay in the side

That could be written by the Brighton version of Alex Hurst or Burnsey. Also it’s only his premier league start. Murphy and Almiron have been here for years and still largely stinking the place out 

5 minutes ago, KDT said:

Minteh - 4 - Ineffective against probably the best full back in the division. HIs replacement looked a lot more effective than him. I actually think this will do the lad some good, he needs to know the level he has to reach to stay in the side

:dowie:

Not getting a RW will be desperately disappointing if we end up paying £70m for Guehi - it (RW) was a position we also had to strengthen in - the thought of Murphy and Miggy fill me with dread - we needed a player to compete with Gordon and Barnes for the wing positions to give us a bit of depth in quality  

£70m for Guehi leaving us nothing for a winger is ridiculous tbh. Could be lookin at much cheaper centre half options. Loathe to criticise but I’m very disappointed in this window 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

£70m for Guehi leaving us nothing for a winger is ridiculous tbh. Could be lookin at much cheaper centre half options. Loathe to criticise but I’m very disappointed in this window 

“Loathe to criticise” - you literally criticise in the preceding sentence for fuck’s sake 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

“Loathe to criticise” - you literally criticise in the preceding sentence for fuck’s sake 

I mean I dont want to but criticism is warranted unfortunately for fuck’s sake

you can be all positive for positive sake but it’s been a shit window in every measurement 

for fuck’s sake

Edited by gdm

19 minutes ago, KDT said:

Here's the first 3 ratings he got on a Brighton forum for that performance - 

Minteh 5 -- what a prospect, gets fans out of their seats, needs to improve decision-making, had so many opportunities and fluffed pretty much all of them

Minteh 5 (still learning, he won't pass, but you can see that he'll be a huge threat).

He got a great assist for his first EPL game before getting subbed off for head concussion. Are you fucking serious you copied those from Brightons forum?

Just now, Zero said:

He got a great assist for his first EPL game before getting subbed off for head concussion. Are you fucking serious you copied those from Brightons forum?

Aye to see what they're thinking of his performance given a large amount of posters on here have crowned him the next Messi based on his Feyenoord form. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tbh I don't know how anyone can watch our game at the weekend and not deduce that it's crucial we get a CB. 

I do wonder how signing Guehi (I.E. replacing Krafth) would prevent us from losing that goal last weekend.

No pressing from the front is also not related to Krafth.

Not that I don’t want Guehi but I don’t think we should think in that way I.E. signed Guehi and our performance would be massively improved

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I mean I dont want to but criticism is warranted unfortunately for fuck’s sake

you can be all positive for positive sake but it’s been a shit window in every measurement 

for fuck’s sake

The false equivalence of the accusation that others are being overly positive is no better tbh. 

Most people are clearly a bit concerned but, with the information available, remain hopeful we will make a signing. 

I mean this as politely as possible - you do see that if Newcastle don’t sign anyone else that it’s still fun to support Newcastle?

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Tbh I don't know how anyone can watch our game at the weekend and not deduce that it's crucial we get a CB. 

Because the game didn’t feature the guy who will be back in 2 weeks nor the other guy who will be back in the new year. Don’t get me wrong, we need a new centre half but it doesn’t need to be a 70m one in this specific window. 

The right winger issue is a long term chronic issue which hasn’t been addressed for many years. 

The obsession with the right wing doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me, even as a card carrying Miggy-hater.

It’s not a ‘problem position’. Our numbers from an attacking POV last year were great. Creating and scoring isn’t much of an issue. 

It doesn’t feel like there’s a plethora of world class right wingers we can take our pick from either. There’s no point in us dropping a PSR-ruining amount of cash for a very marginal improvement on what we currently have, leaving us hamstrung during the next few windows.

I’m not sure how I feel about the pursuit of Guehi - ask me on Friday and then again at the end of the season if we actually sign him - but I understand the rationale for focusing on centre back over a winger.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

You've never come up for air though. :lol:

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Aye to see what they're thinking of his performance given a large amount of posters on here have crowned him the next Messi based on his Feyenoord form. 

match rating and comments without mentioning or crediting his assist to Mitoma?

nah.

Loan in a CB and RW

crazy I know

pay 5m per loan

save your money until January or next summer

why is that so hard

we need immediate first team support

Go to Barca, PSG, Bayern, the kind of clubs they have a ton of talent being underutilised. Get a couple of them in. 

Jobs a good un 

Just now, Zero said:

match rating and comments without mentioning or crediting his assist to Mitoma?

nah.

That ratings were from the Man Utd game, in an effort to see how brilliant Brighton fans thought he was in that fixture given it was the one I had previously mentioned.