NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Nah homegrown for Europe he has a place. If we send kuol on loan we will be short. Plus when Wilson was looking over the hill after the World Cup we struggled massively with isak been out. Young Armstrong is rapid aswell. 

I know there's quotas but paying Armstrong a couple of million quid a season and a £10-15m fee just to fill a role when he'd get nowhere near the team is a waste of resources. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know there's quotas but paying Armstrong a couple of million quid a season and a £10-15m fee just to fill a role when he'd get nowhere near the team is a waste of resources. 

I reckon he would if we have an injury to Wilson. He's useful as a pacy work his arse of type that eddie would use well. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Loan him then. But I don't think he'd command that sort of fee mind. 

He's pretty much going to get them 15-20 goals in the Championship like he does at that level. They'll not want to give him away on the cheap? If they keep him and Adams they have about 40 goals there, they'd sail back up. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

E. Anderson to a newly promoted prem team would be amazing, if not then at least a team expected to challenge for the championship title. 

I would love for him to make it at our club as a regular starter. This is the way. 

He'll stay though. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I reckon he would if we have an injury to Wilson. He's useful as a pacy work his arse of type that eddie would use well. 

We'd make space elsewhere across the squad before this I reckon. If we're playing Armstrong even from the bench in the Champions League (just say that out loud) we've fucked up the recruitment in a big way. 

Don't know who they have up top besides them two. Alcatraz is a ten I think and Stuart Armstrong is similar they might not need him. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's pretty much going to get them 15-20 goals in the Championship like he does at that level. They'll not want to give him away on the cheap? If they keep him and Adams they have about 40 goals there, they'd sail back up. 

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

Fuck y’all. Some of us Yanks have been around longer and stuck around longer than the true born and bred locals who walked away. 

We could walk away 3,000 miles and still not get to where yous are 'around':lol: (safety ;) )

Edited by Kid Icarus

Who's the AM/winger version of Tonali?

A player we've had a couple of links to but nothing major. An elite option for the position that has everything Howe wants in terms of work rate and quality.

I'd say it's probably Kvaratskhelia.

Christ, can you imagine? :lol:

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Who's the AM/winger version of Tonali?

A player we've had a couple of links to but nothing major. An elite option for the position that has everything Howe wants in terms of work rate and quality.

I'd say it's probably Kvaratskhelia.

Christ, can you imagine? :lol:

Yeah I'd say even after Tonali, he'd be a stretch. Raphinha maybe.

22 minutes ago, andycap said:

None of the lads you mentioned are genuine strikers so it's a risk. Armpong is and he's homegrown. He caused a fair bit of bother against us this season. 

I'd play any of Murphy, Maximin and Joelinton in an emergency rather than paying Armstrong a couple of million and transfer/loan fee on the off chance. Would make no sense.

Bring Woody home! 

The logic of a 3rd proper striker is sound, but I think even for a £5m fee the club will want a youngster who will improve than an average player 

Armstrong would be crazy to come to a club where he might not make the bench never mind get a regular start at 26

Also my preference would be for someone who has a bit of height and can hold the ball up a bit. I am sure the club are looking at strikers in the academy and who could be bought for the development squad and step up to the first team in an emergency or for the bench in early round cup games 

Gordon was the player who came to mind immediately if we are talking about who takes up that central role if Wilson and Isak are both unavailable. Obviously Joelinton could also but we need him elsewhere. 

I do however think we need another attacking reinforcement and I'm expecting to see a decent young striker signed towards the end of the window to bolster the squad.

Adam Armstrong? Mike Ashley really did some long term damage to some of you :lol:

5 goals in 67 appearances the last couple of seasons. We have at least 5 players who I’d rather start up front ahead of him already.

We could do with another striker, young and up and coming, maybe who can also play wide IMO. Rather than stack the bench with 5 fullbacks who mostly won't ever play it'd be nice to have another option on there. Not talking about a mega bucks signing but perhaps a calculated punt at £5m-£10m on someone 20ish who could make an impact and play some minutes.

It was quite stark just before we signed Wood that there was absolutely nobody in the U23s even worth shoving in for one game against Cambridge in the cup and it's a gap that needs to be addressed with us having 2 strikers again, of which one is made of wet tissue paper.

If you only play with 1 striker then two strikers in a squad is pretty normal for most clubs. Even City only have Haaland and Alvarez (who can play other positions).

Isak and Wilson with Joelinton/Gordon as emergency options is fine for now.

I think the HG idea is important like but no point bringing players back just for the sake of it. Things like Krul as a 3rd choice for example would have been an easy win but we might have to go a couple of seasons where we only register 22-23 until the likes of Anderson, Miley, Minteh, Kuol start filling those registered lists. 

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Keep kuol until January then. 

I don't think this is a bad shout at all. The experience he'd get being amongst the squad even if he doesn't play would be huge. Send him out in January, we'll also have a much better idea of where he is in January as well if he's been playing in our U21s for a few months (plus the UEFA Youth tournaments we'll be in?) so we can send him somewhere we know he'll be a regular. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut