NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Fuck y’all. Some of us Yanks have been around longer and stuck around longer than the true born and bred locals who walked away. 

My impression is there’s only one person who’s still so mad about the Revolutionary War that he wouldn’t take a prime Messi if he came with an American passport.

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Fuck y’all. Some of us Yanks have been around longer and stuck around longer than the true born and bred locals who walked away. 

I wonder if it's time to have a symbol, maybe a badge of some sort for the forrins to state how long they've been supporters ?

:iamatwat:

I keep seeing Szoboszlais name mentioned here constantly, are there any even remotely credible links there? Especially considering we apparently put fake names out there for journos. 

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

I simply don’t think we will buy any more midfielders / forwards unless we offload some deadwood, after getting Tonali. Two more defenders probably.

LB makes perfect sense. No RW/LW? Roll with Gordon ,ASM,  Murphy, Miggy and maybe Big Joe on a wing?

8t = 80 so 8tmosphere = 80mosphere = Bomosphere.

In Korean, 보모 (bomo) means childminder. It is a noun that refers to a person who takes care of children and looks after the house.

Mike has used an incredibly clever and hard to decipher code to surreptitiously call Yorkie a girl (or possibly a nonce) and is currently sitting in his fortress of solitude enjoying a nice bowl of cauliflower having a good chuckle at you all.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I simply don’t think we will buy any more midfielders / forwards unless we offload some deadwood, after getting Tonali. Two more defenders probably.

We will get another likely young versatile forward. We can't just roll with two strikers in the squad, even ASM and Gordon could fill in.

We will get a LB but I could see CB and another wide midfielder being subject to the market and player outgoings.

LB and a versatile Striker are musts though imo.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

First choice left back and right wide forward are my guess. Then cover for Schar should then be priority.

I'd take a loan deal on a centre-back this summer if we could strengthen other areas first if we sell Lascelles. 

We need an attacking midfielder, LB and CB minimum to get compete on all fronts next season.

By signing a LB you have the option of Dan Burn as cover at CB, but think we’re crying out for a pacy CB like Tobido alongside Botman.

We need to rotate Wilson and Isak as our only 2 main strikers, and very sparingly consider playing them together, that’s why another attacking midfielder is vital.

Evan Ferguson if he has another good season should be a major target in 2024.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd sooner just not send Anderson on loan and give him more games registering 24 than signing him tbh..

No way is Elliott going on loan anyway. Don’t think AA is such a bad shout as a cheap, pure backup striker, who counts as one of four club home growns for Europe if we’re struggling with budget (due to quite rightly prioritising other positions) and to fill our squad out.

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

No way is Elliott going on loan anyway. Don’t think AA is such a bad shout as a cheap, pure backup striker, who counts as one of four club home growns for Europe if we’re struggling with budget (due to quite rightly prioritising other positions) and to fill our squad out.

We've got St-Maximin, Murphy, Joelinton, Willock, Isak & Wilson who would all play before he does on the left or up front and that's before any other signings we make. He'd literally just replace Fraser's role picking up a wage doing nothing anywhere near being selected. Absolutely pointless signing. 

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Anderson must go out on loan this season.

Should have gone last season. With the extra games and the homegrown requirements in Europe I don’t think we can afford to let him leave on loan. Besides, he was getting plenty of pitch time towards the back end of last season, so I don’t think he’d stagnate here to be honest. Big question mark about his potential in any case. From what I’ve seen of him and where this club is going I doubt he’ll ever become a first team stalwart.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've got St-Maximin, Murphy, Joelinton, Willock, Isak & Wilson who would all play before he does on the left or up front and that's before any other signings we make. He'd literally just replace Fraser's role picking up a wage doing nothing anywhere near being selected. Absolutely pointless signing. 

Yet he still featured in 14 of our 18 games since the January window closed…

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Yet he still featured in 14 of our 18 games since the January window closed…

Think he he means Armstrong, not Anderson 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Nah homegrown for Europe he has a place. If we send kuol on loan we will be short. Plus when Wilson was looking over the hill after the World Cup we struggled massively with isak been out. Young Armstrong is rapid aswell.