NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I know I sound like an old timer but we need to be more Keegan... 

People quibbling about selling Maxi or Miggy would never had coped with his ruthlessness for improving the team.

Quinn, Kelly, Cole, Ferdinand to finally nailing Shearer.

Everyone a massive fans favourite but he somehow got everyone onboard and believing in him... Even though he broke my young heart when he sold Cole!

Totally agree. A lot will be because we haven't been a normal football club for 14years, even when things are going well players still leave.

Can add Gavin Peacock and Barry Vension. May not sound as saucy but Peacock had been our best player for the majority of the two years before he was sold and Barry Venison was our player of the year. Was bit bitter-sweet but because we trusted where we were going is didn't ruffle any feathers. Only Cole did that because it was the first player that traded up and the PTSD of Waddle/Beardsley/Gascoigne came to the fore.

8 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Totally agree. A lot will be because we haven't been a normal football club for 14years, even when things are going well players still leave.

Can add Gavin Peacock and Barry Vension. May not sound as saucy but Peacock had been our best player for the majority of the two years before he was sold and Barry Venison was our player of the year. Was bit bitter-sweet but because we trusted where we were going is didn't ruffle any feathers. Only Cole did that because it was the first player that traded up and the PTSD of Waddle/Beardsley/Gascoigne came to the fore.

I don't think that's quite the point with the likes of Miggy though. Of course we will sell people, the question is when and why.

For me Miggy is essential to us at the moment, especially as a safety net if any of the signings don't immediately take off. We know we have a guy who can play the system brilliantly and we can rely on him completely.  

12 minutes ago, loki679 said:

I'm backing the thread title :thup:

Mike has brought some much need creativity and personality to the boards and it's gonna be awesome watching how long Rich can resist.

:lol: It is fucking killing him.

Just now, Mike said:
13 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Mike has brought some much need creativity and personality to the boards and it's gonna be awesome watching how long Rich can resist.

:lol: It is fucking killing him.

The state of the Dogbowl ultras here.

18 minutes ago, loki679 said:

If there is a vote at end of season awards for worst thread title, this one gets my vote

wtf is "eight - t - mosphere" ?

Just now, Rich said:

I reckon Mike should have a crack at all of the thread titles, to be fair, let's go wild. We're in the Champions League for Pete's sake.

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

:lol: that's wfh today sorted.

50 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Imagine getting a blowy on a boat in the middle of nowhere and a long range lens catches you out.

There was a video doing the rounds on Twitter recently where someone is videoing at the beach and they zoom in on a paddle board quite far out and a bloke was shagging his lass on it 😂 Now that is some going on a paddle board. 😂

Wasn't all that bothered about Chiesa but I've just made the mistake of watching about 10 minutes worth of clips and I'm convinced now.

Plus I feel bad for Tonali coming here with no friends, I feel like we need another Italian. Like with Guinea Pigs, you can't just keep one of them on their own. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

:lol: that's wfh today sorted.

Soon you’re going to be shopping at Patagonia for puffer vests and chairing a local toastmasters. Loving the evolution of the corporate Mike arc.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm ready for Szoboszlai now. Going to die if we get him too.

Hope we get him then. (Sorry mate)

Edited by Ikon

I remember when we were linked with Old Man Chiesa.

Watched the Euro's with the takeover rumbling and was my dream signing.

Had that come true once before when I first cast eyes on an eratic firebrand by the name of Ginola in the Champions League against Barcelona.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm ready for Szoboszlai now. Going to die if we get him too.

Me too, solely because the Stock, Aitken and Waterman wannabe nonce fest committee won’t be able to put it into a song [emoji38]