NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, gbandit said:

I’d say he’s a better passer and better on the ball under pressure although Schar is an excellent passer as well and better at driving forward with the ball. Defensively I’m not sure how much there is between them in terms of positioning and in the air but Guehi’s passing is exceptional 

Guéhi has the recovery pace too.

11 minutes ago, NSG said:

At least he cared about the club. This lot are taking the piss out of us, fixating on top class players rather than compromising and signing some randoms to keep us dripping in dopamine upe to the point we get joyously angry, wallowing in how they turned out worse than Guivarc'h.

Think people are underestimating how much we could do with some pace at the centre of defence if we continue to play a high line. Offers everything Schar does for me but then has the pace to get back. 

Still think we will get him for some reason [emoji38]

Regardless of opinions on Schar, he’s well into his 30s. We had one of the oldest teams in the league last season and half of our defence are out of contract in the summer. It would be ridiculous to go without signing a centre back this window. 

6 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Think people are underestimating how much we could do with some pace at the centre of defence if we continue to play a high line.

I think we will look a lot better with some pace at the back. Its been so slow. We have played it smart without pace, but I think we can change and up our game with more pace in defence.

Edited by nufc123

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d say he’s a better passer and better on the ball under pressure although Schar is an excellent passer as well and better at driving forward with the ball. Defensively I’m not sure how much there is between them in terms of positioning and in the air but Guehi’s passing is exceptional 

Schars passing range is fantastic way above what Guehi has in his locker. 

Interesting we have took the approach to go big on 1 player 

We could have attempted Lacroix & Chiesa for around £28M

Or Huijsen & Gruda for around £38M

Etc etc

There was definitely cheaper alternatives out there, and although I'd love Guehi, over the next couple years, we are likely going to need 2 RW and CB, as Miggy/Murphy and Schar/Burn are all old or fairly old

So having a young, talented, cheaper player would have worked well as even if they didn't turn into a Bruno or Isak, they would hopefully be a good second choice, or even be a decent FFP flip

I'm sure the club have thought of this though and know better than me 😂

How many clubs do we think right now are more attractive than signing for us right now in the Premier League? 

City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
Man U
Aston Villa

Assume most would be in agreement on those?

Then possibly West Ham with the London factor, maybe Brighton appeal to some more than us being near London and generally widely regarded as a great run club who help players improve and grow. So that's circa 7-8 clubs just in the League who right now are more appealling than us, then what, 15-20 more clubs across Europe? So we are looking at around 30 clubs that are more attractive to potential signings rather than join us, then add in the fact that we literally can't afford to get ONE fucking big signing wrong because of PSR, it's not hard to see why the window has been slower than we'd hope or why there isn't a line of other options outside of our main targets. I think the idea we should pay £30-40 million for stopgap signings would be a big mistake long term, unless you know PSR will be completely scrapped, which nobody does. I get the frustrations, and there's highly likely been some mistakes made by those responsible, but we are in a tough spot all round right now and if we don't sign anybody this Summer I still think 5th and Champions League is achievable with a bit of luck and running good with injuries, call me part of the happy clapper brigade if you want, but I just think it's not as simple as people are making out, and the club have gave no reason for us to doubt their intentions that they clear want us to grow as quick as we can. 

3 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

How many clubs do we think right now are more attractive than signing for us right now in the Premier League? 

City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
Man U
Aston Villa

Assume most would be in agreement on those?

Then possibly West Ham with the London factor, maybe Brighton appeal to some more than us being near London and generally widely regarded as a great run club who help players improve and grow. So that's circa 7-8 clubs just in the League who right now are more appealling than us, then what, 15-20 more clubs across Europe? So we are looking at around 30 clubs that are more attractive to potential signings rather than join us, then add in the fact that we literally can't afford to get ONE fucking big signing wrong because of PSR, it's not hard to see why the window has been slower than we'd hope or why there isn't a line of other options outside of our main targets. I think the idea we should pay £30-40 million for stopgap signings would be a big mistake long term, unless you know PSR will be completely scrapped, which nobody does. I get the frustrations, and there's highly likely been some mistakes made by those responsible, but we are in a tough spot all round right now and if we don't sign anybody this Summer I still think 5th and Champions League is achievable with a bit of luck and running good with injuries, call me part of the happy clapper brigade if you want, but I just think it's not as simple as people are making out, and the club have gave no reason for us to doubt their intentions that they clear want us to grow as quick as we can. 

I think some of our earlier signings aswell like Bruno and Botman were helped by the media hype that we are now the richest club in the world and we're about to kick on to massive things. 

Due to PSR, dropping out of the champions league this year etc, alot of that momentum has massively slowed down. So we don't really have that extra incentive for ambitious players to jump to us. We are now probably seen as an upper mid table side that might get Europe occasionally if we have a good season.