NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Came to the conclusion he just likes being abused

Does he have any contacts at the club anymore ? He seems so far off the plan it's almost as though he's just writing stuff to get clicks and if it doesn't work out he can say "I told you so" 

On Wednesday I was reading in the Athletic that we like Szoboszlai and Diaby, but they are too expensive. Ten minute later we go and lash €70 million on Tonali. It's clearly a case of how we value the individual player rather than expense.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

On Wednesday I was reading in the Athletic that we like Szoboszlai and Diaby, but they are too expensive. Ten minute later we go and lash €70 million on Tonali. It's clearly a case of how we value the individual player rather than expense.

Wouldn't be surprised if its 80% the former and 20% the latter.

Edited by madras

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Came to the conclusion he just likes being abused

Quite obvious if we do have a quiet week or two with little movement he'll claim it as a victory but then if we sign someone he'll spin it as "an unexpected opportunity presented itself during the reflect phase"

7 hours ago, madras said:

Wouldn't be surprised if its 80% the former and 20% the latter.

Don't get me wrong, I don't we can afford to go crackers, but we can definetly afford to get a couple of players we really like the look of.

21 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I just think we will get Tonali plus another midfielder, a left back and maybe Schar cover. That would be quite a big outlay and I can’t see us bringing anyone else in.

I’d argue that I bet the club has a depth chart of potential targets for every position on the pitch. And that it’s not a we need this, we need that type of thing and that they are going for all possible deals all the time. They don’t look at it like we do. They’re looking at the much much larger picture. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Personally I believe the club is being very smart and leaving signings and the announcement of other commercial deals until post July 1st. This will then be accounted into a new financial year. 

It’s definitely FFP related and maximising what we can do.

In theory that sounds good but the reality is that they could still announce an "agreement in principle", before it goes through on July 1st.

There's no reason to wait until July to tell us about it.

Just now, STM said:

In theory that sounds good but the reality is that they could still announce an "agreement in principle", before it goes through on July 1st.

Amen. They told us about Sven on the 27th/28th June last year 

26 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah, plenty of ways round this in terms of announcing something pre year end and getting the transaction through post year end.

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I mean Tonali is at the U21 tourney, I’m sure they will want him at SJP to do the photos etc. 

You think they haven't already taken a photo of him with the shirt on? :aww: