NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

They've had the same scouting network for years

Fallows and Hunter have both been there for years, yes, but a big part of the recruitment/scouting network is also the DoF position which has changed three times in the last two years. 

edit- Russ Richardson only got appointed in summer 2021 too. 

Edited by Manxst

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I wonder what we're planning once Maddison goes to Spurs, Szoboszlai becomes too expensive and Guler picks another of many options.

Refuse to believe it's risking a guy straight from Brazil.

Gabri Veiga?

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Different position is he not?

Thought he was an AM, but looking via google he seems to be a CM, yes. 

Edit- still, there are plenty of players out there- Terrier, Neres, Chukwueze etc

Edited by Manxst

I wont lie, and will happilly be proven wrong at the end of the window -- but if we miss out on both Maddison and Dom and Do not improve on the wing/attacking midfield with a near elite talent -- I will be peev'd off.

Just now, The Prophet said:

There are a lot of people saying that but they keep ignoring that the entire RB model is to recycle players and trade - just like Dortmund. At this very point, it's probably likely that Gvardiol and Dom are likely at a near peak value -- if they have sloppier seasons next year at RB, their value will drop considerably. 

Seen a lot of mentions about Szoboszlai's release clause and how we could be waiting for it to expire.  

I don't understand this. Surely if RBL were willing to deal under the release, they would have done so by now?

Edited by Sima

48 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I wonder what we're planning once Maddison goes to Spurs, Szoboszlai becomes too expensive and Guler picks another of many options.

Refuse to believe it's risking a guy straight from Brazil.

Nah, we only have the four options. No one else is under consideration apart from who is leaked to the media.

If we can’t get Szob who can cover midfield and out wide, I wonder if the club will go another route such as an out and out winger like Kudus.

If we signed Kone and Kudus for example I’d be quite happy to forget about Szob, and I think that would arguably make us much stronger.

10 minutes ago, Sima said:

Seen a lot of mentions about Szoboszlai's release clause and how we could be waiting for it to expire.  

I don't understand this. Surely if RBL were willing to deal under the release, they would have done so by now?

Rumour is that we don’t want to pay the release clause in one go as we would supposedly have to, but once it expires we would then have to negotiate a higher price but be allowed to pay over years? I think, anyway? 

24 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If we can’t get Szob who can cover midfield and out wide, I wonder if the club will go another route such as an out and out winger like Kudus.

If we signed Kone and Kudus for example I’d be quite happy to forget about Szob, and I think that would arguably make us much stronger.

I’d be amazed if that’s the route we went tbh. I don’t see us spending big on another CM and then big on a wide player.

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Rumour is that we don’t want to pay the release clause in one go as we would supposedly have to, but once it expires we would then have to negotiate a higher price but be allowed to pay over years? I think, anyway? 

We can do that now if that was the issue.

I don’t think cash flow is our issue either, as PIF just get the printing machines out.

The issue is more likely to be that we don’t think he is worth the release clause, so if nobody else activates it then we can put up an argument that he isn’t worth that and try to get a better deal.

35 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There are a lot of people saying that but they keep ignoring that the entire RB model is to recycle players and trade - just like Dortmund. At this very point, it's probably likely that Gvardiol and Dom are likely at a near peak value -- if they have sloppier seasons next year at RB, their value will drop considerably. 

Do they sell their 3 best players every window though ? 

41 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Kudus isn’t an out and out winger. 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Do they sell their 3 best players every window though ? 

Exactly. Only way we get him is this windows release clause or next windows release clause you’d imagine. Smarter people than me know which plates are spinning and at what speed.

Might have to settle for Franca and Southampton FB this window and revisit in January if still in the ECL.