NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The Chiesa rumours need to heat up again.

They are still out there. Difference of 10 million Euros in price valuation between ourselves and Juventus apparently, which isn't that much at all.

We say 50 million Euros max but they want 60 million Euros.

Probably just a matter of time.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I cannot let myself believe we'd be getting Chiesa tbh.

I don't think it's out of the question tbh. Di Canio was talking about how he'd be a great signing for us, and I thought that was a bit random. No smoke without fire?

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I do like Andersen, I think he's a great rotation option for Schar but Guehi is next level up from him and is obviously far more of a long term option. 

All depends on the difference in fee for them but Guehi could arguably get a 6yr deal whereas Andersen probably get 3yrs maximum so an extra £25/30M to get Guehi instead of Andersen (quoted at £20M) is worth it IMHO.

I'd be happy with either of them  as I do think Andersen is better passer and dictator from defence but Guehi is better in his all round game and provides some much needed pace in our back line.

Have either of them got much pace? The one thing we lack at the back is elite pace somewhere along the line to provide a bit insurance.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Saw we've been linked with Guehi from Palace as the new right centre back option.

Makes more sense than the Joachim Anderson links due to his younger age.

Article also mentioned Guehi shares agents with a few of the current team.

I wish when you see these you'd post the link at the time man. :lol:

The amount of posts you make like this where I think "have we?" then have to go on Twitter and search "KaKa's player Newcastle" to see a random link from 3 days earlier. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I cannot let myself believe we'd be getting Chiesa tbh.

It's shocking man, but it seems real. Apparently he isn't happy with Allegri's 3-5-2 as he has been used as a second striker or wing-back.

Juventus are also hesitant to give him a big new contract as his current one is about to run out, and they have financial issues, and he isn't a fit in the current setup.

Apparently it's Liverpool, Villa and ourselves that have shown strong interest. But we have Champions League and have just signed his compatriot Tonali.

Just now, LFEE said:

Have either of them got much pace? The one thing we lack at the back is elite pace somewhere along the line to provide a bit insurance.

We definitely need a CB with some pace to give us that insurance and allow us to push up with less fear of getting caught upfield.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They are still out there. Difference of 10 million Euros in price valuation between ourselves and Juventus apparently, which isn't that much at all.

nah £10m not that much at all. In fact Staveley might as well just forward it to me.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wish when you see these you'd post the link at the time man. :lol:

The amount of posts you make like this where I think "have we?" then have to go on Twitter and search "KaKa's player Newcastle" to see a random link from 3 days earlier. 

I usually see a bunch of this stuff on NewsNow when checking it out during lunch or something, but can never find them when I look back later as the links get buried amongst a bunch of other stuff.

1 minute ago, James said:

nah £10m not that much at all. In fact Staveley might as well just forward it to me.

It really isn't for a player of his calibre. Probably meet in the middle so another £5 million.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's shocking man, but it seems real. Apparently he isn't happy with Allegri's 3-5-2 as he has been used as a second striker or wing-back.

Juventus are also hesitant to give him a big new contract as his current one is about to run out, and they have financial issues, and he isn't a fit in the current setup.

Apparently it's Liverpool, Villa and ourselves that have shown strong interest. But we have Champions League and have just signed his compatriot Tonali.

How has he played since the cruciate injury? 

Just now, Manxst said:

How has he played since the cruciate injury? 

He's been okay, certainly not at previous levels, but seems that might partly be down to his fit in Allegri's current setup, as he isn't happy with it.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Anderson doesn't really but Guehi is quick. Not the quickest CB by any means but I'd say from watching him he's faster than all of Schar, Botman, Burn and Trippier so that's a start. 

Neither of them are very potent in the opposition box though unfortunately, which is something we desperately need to improve on.

Chelsea need to sell players and clear deadwood - but in Havertz, Mount and Kovacic they've sold 3 high quality players to teams above them in the league. Losing Kante too and that is a huge clearing of midfield talent.

All a bit chaotic to me. 

49 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol: Your optimism is incredible sometimes