NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

31 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It is distorted but the teams mentioned above (villa/brighton/west ham... not even bothering to debate chelsea) have all had massive sales to fund their windows so they're able to go out and do business with a hell. of a lot more wiggle room than ourselves. 

Like you say, what we've achieved so far is outstanding and for me that includes each window we've had. 

Aston Villa haven’t had a ‘massive sale’ in 2 years. 

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aston Villa haven’t had a ‘massive sale’ in 2 years. 

No, but the £100m Grealish sale is still within the current FFP window, which has enhanced their spending power versus ourselves (who have brought in around half of that in total over the past three years). 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

No, but the £100m Grealish sale is still within the current FFP window, which has enhanced their spending power versus ourselves (who have brought in around half of that in total over the past three years). 

Doesn't a sale go on the books up front?

Edited by The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Not to mention Chukwuemeka and now Archer, being sold for ~£40m of pure profit as academy products.

3 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Chelsea (although they went bonkers they still go their targets at the end)

Wft. Brighton haven’t bought one player i would like to see at Newcastle.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Doesn't a sale go on the books up front?

It does, but as the FFP calculation is done over a three-year rolling period the +£100m still helps their figures this summer. They sold him summer 21/22 season so it encompasses 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24.   

Essentially I think we're good to go, but that includes an assumption that we're going to deprioritise the domestic cups. I think we're 1-2 good players shy of being truly competitive on all fronts. And that isn't a complaint or an insult or blasphemy or treachery before anyone calls me entitled; it's just an opinion as to where we are and I think "sacrificing" the domestic cups is completely reasonable. 

I think there's a reality where we drop into the uefa cup and compete for it.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It does, but as the FFP calculation is done over a three-year rolling period the +£100m still helps their figures this summer. They sold him summer 21/22 season so it encompasses 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24.   

Yeah you’re allowed £105m of losses in a 3 year period so in essence that gave them £205m of spending over a 3 year period, without accounting for any more sales. 

Everyone understands FFP and how sales work for it. And I think people understand we are hamstrung. 

But it still doesn’t feel right to see clubs that haven’t sold a player for a big fee in 2 years spending £200m for the 3rd season in a row. 

That might not actually be true of Villa. But with the sheer number of signings they make. It feels like it.  

And tbf we’ve probably spent £200m this window. 

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5202.thumb.jpeg.20c79c0c6e4d06298a17c8d2b4081d1e.jpeg

There isn’t any doubt that Howe has been backed significantly by the owners since they came in.

Aye and no manager has took their team from the pits of despair to top 4 in 18 months either

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5202.thumb.jpeg.20c79c0c6e4d06298a17c8d2b4081d1e.jpeg

There isn’t any doubt that Howe has been backed significantly by the owners since they came in.

Context being how neglected the squad was before we were taken over