NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, Stottie said:

If Juventus actually want Kalvin Phillips, that's a vote of confidence.

My association with Italian midfielders is technically competent, good engine, and a bit radgie.

Given their recent signings I would say this amounts to a vote of no confidence 

Raphinha would make a lot of sense as it fits the bill of how we do a lot of our business. Getting a long term target at an opportunistic time, he's not played much for Barca this season and they're constantly walking a fine line with their finances.

He's also exactly what we need in a wide man as he's leagues ahead of any of our wide men in his ability to pick out a pass while still having the workrate that Eddie demands.

Would be an ideal signing in January.

Does he not get a lot of game time because of Lamine Yamal or whatever his name is? He was doing pretty well for them earlier on iirc (Raphinha). Has played a bit more on the left at times than he might have wished for i think.

Edited by Ikon

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is that article saying we have offered 26 million for Raphinia? Absolutely no chance at that price surely?

Well that's a starting price, I'd imagine they'd tell us to do one, then we'd offer more until we came to an agreement - assuming they are willing to sell.

image.thumb.png.8443b7945fcd8cdcc89634c650d1f59a.png

Barcelona signed Raphinha to become their star option on the right-hand side, and ultimately to replace Ousmane Dembele, yet neither with the Frenchman present last season, nor in his absence this season, has he been altogether impressive. While he came up with a number of important goals and assists last season, he continues to be wasteful with the ball.

ATLÉTICO DE MADRID

LOADING OFFICIAL CONTENT

0 seconds of 20 secondsVolume 0%

Ad 1 of 2. This video will resume in 11 seconds

It is highlighted by Sport that he has the worst success rate from his shots in the Barcelona squad, scoring just 6.9% of them. While the Brazilian continues to be keen on triumphing at Barcelona, the Blaugrana are now coming round to the idea of selling him should they receive a good offer. At any rate, they will listen to proposals.

The two that they can count on, are currently from Saudi Arabia and the Premier League. The former will look to persuade Raphinha with a large offer, while the latter comes from Manchester United. It was rumoured recently that they are interested in a swap deal with Jadon Sancho, and could push for that again in the summer.

I'm really not understanding shouts for Solanke? The owners have said many a time, we will look to sign elite level players, he doesn't strike me as elite level.

He's having a good season, with 9 goals, but previous poor stats for a striker.

If we have Isak, and Wilson, you'd be looking for a much younger prospect at striker, hence why we probably looked at Ekitike, someone like Ferguson (never happing) I know, but you get the gist. Sesko/Brobbey/Bardghji.

Think Raphinha would be an excellent signing for Man U. Very good player, premier league proven and very good mates with Bruno F apparently.

He's be an excellent signing for us too mind.

Edited by Checko