NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Frankfurt with the biggest bid. Us inter and Barcelona with offers too. Contracts have been offered to the player. 

Edited by Ikon

Kid is a beast for his age, excellent at breaking up play etc.. but would be play ahead of established players.

We're looking at a lot of “for the future” type players. Which is great but some balance is needed.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Sure about that? :lol:

Unless the party line on Barnes has changed - the latest is that they originally thought he could avoid the surgery, but he reaggravated the toe in training.

In the event that the surgery is indeed required/the pain doesn't subside, it'll be another 3-4 months before Barnes is back.

God I hate Craig Hope.

Asked if one of Bruno Guimaraes, Sven Botman or Alexander Isak would be sold in the summer, Eales said: ‘It’s difficult to hypothesise but, if we’re offered £1billion for one of those players, then no-one could argue against that making sense.

‘If we’re going to get to where we want to get to, at times it is necessary to trade your players. It is counter-intuitive and part of the inherent system of PSR that there is an incentive to trade your players, if you want to re-invest.’

So, every player has a price? "Correct"

Craig Hope @craighope_DM

Darren Eales says club are PENNILESS

Club may have to open as a MCDONALDS’ RESTAURANT in order to become profitable 

ROLL UP ROLL UP ALL PLAYERS ARE FOR SALE

Barnes may or may not be DEAD

7 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Unless the party line on Barnes has changed - the latest is that they originally thought he could avoid the surgery, but he reaggravated the toe in training.

seems very up in the air when he is back

Yearning for the days 20 years in the past where I didn't see or hear the words FFP a hundred times a day. It's gone from being an interesting curiosity to an infuriating obstacle and now I've just become numb to it all.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

God I hate Craig Hope.

Asked if one of Bruno Guimaraes, Sven Botman or Alexander Isak would be sold in the summer, Eales said: ‘It’s difficult to hypothesise but, if we’re offered £1billion for one of those players, then no-one could argue against that making sense.

‘If we’re going to get to where we want to get to, at times it is necessary to trade your players. It is counter-intuitive and part of the inherent system of PSR that there is an incentive to trade your players, if you want to re-invest.’

So, every player has a price? "Correct"

Key word for me: reinvest. Onwards and upwards :indi:

Rly not bothered by talks of needing to sell one of our stars - the brain trust is smart enough to determine whether any sum offered will be sufficient to replace said player with even greater talent in return.

Players like Bruno, who have become a "brand name" so to speak, will cost suitors a healthy premium. Only helps us in the long term.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Rly not bothered by talks of needing to sell one of our stars - the brain trust is smart enough to determine whether any sum offered will be sufficient to replace said player with even greater talent in return.

Players like Bruno, who have become a "brand name" so to speak, will cost suitors a healthy premium. Only helps us in the long term.

Puts me in mind of Keegan with a dodgy polo neck on the steps of st James after Cole was sold. We get sir Les and Ginola. Worked out nicely. The Cole was a benchmark in English transfer deals too. Set the ball rolling for the madness we see now to a degree. Not entirely but it was a pivotal moment. 

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

Puts me in mind of Keegan with a dodgy polo neck on the steps of st James after Cole was sold. We get sir Les and Ginola. Worked out nicely. The Cole was a benchmark in English transfer deals too. Set the ball rolling for the madness we see now to a degree. Not entirely but it was a pivotal moment. 

I've since learnt Keegan and Cole simply had a falling out. That was the main driver of the transfer. Not some grand plan to improve the squad.

These lot won't make an emotional decision one way or the other.

22 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

In the event that the surgery is indeed required/the pain doesn't subside, it'll be another 3-4 months before Barnes is back.

Bye bye first season.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I've since learnt Keegan and Cole simply had a falling out. That was the main driver of the transfer. Not some grand plan to improve the squad.

These lot won't make an emotional decision one way or the other.

No it will be a purely business decision that will drive us onwards and upwards over the trajectory of their plan and vision for us!