NUFC Transfer Rumours

He was Brilliant at Brighton. Honestly hard to read anything into any Chelsea players performances last season. I think maybe only Thiago Silva came away with any credit. 

32 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Stats wise he was the best PL attacking fullback in 21/22 season and second best defensively. He also played LCB at Brighton and won a motm playing there in the CL last year. He had a horror season but I wouldn't put it past Howe and team to turn him back around.

Probably a better LB for 30/25m but there is likely still a player in there to be salvaged with a fresh start.

He looked very good for Brighton and very bad for Chelsea. Not sure what happened there but didn't Brighton play a back three in 21/22? He played in a back four at Chelsea.

Anderson isn’t mobile enough, Chalobah, who knows. Can’t judge him on Chelsea last season. 

Cucurella, not for me, I’d much rather have Robinson or Walker Peters (though he’d cost too much for us I’d suspect). Cucurella has no real end product and is poor defensively. He’s also far too small; Eddie likes his players to have a physical edge.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Was he awful defensively at Brighton?

Everyone knew Chelsea had ridiculously overpaid for him, but I think if they’d paid around the £30m mark, most would have thought it a good signing.

He definitely wasn't bad defensively for Brighton, no idea where that's come from. 

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t believe for a second that we’re in for Thuram. He will have been on the list below Tonali, and his agent is probably putting in work this summer.

I agree, not when we clearly need quality in other positions namely right wing and left back with right CB also a necessity after that. We just don’t have the funds to blow 40-50m on another midfielder. 

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nothing particularly new…

52m? What happened to 35m he was going to Liverpool for lol. 

At 35-40m I could see us being interested but we aren't spending 52m on another CM when a creative wide right attacker and LB are bigger priorities, arguably a CB would be ahead of another CM.

It's possible Eddie is thinking both Big and Little Joe can push out to wide left with another CM addition. Thuram would certainly be an immense addition just don't see it unless we are spending nearer 200m this window.

I think there's no denying Cucurella is good player. That said, I have a hard time deciding whether he'd be worth what Chelsea would want. I think he was a beneficiary of the Brighton system in the sense it was highly structured and allowed him to be on the ball a lot. Chelsea's system last year was the opposite of that, hence why I struggle to decide where the truth sits. 

Personally, if we're going hard for a left-back, be it to replace Burn or compete with him, I'd prefer them to either be a Trippier type who can create chances from deep and essentially operate as a wide playmaker, or someone with genuine speed and agility to stretch the pitch.

I've never been so cynical towards transfer rumours as I am this window. So far nobody has been correct on anything (until Tonali was virtually wrapped up). Why should we believe any of this shit?

Just now, STM said:

I've never been so cynical towards transfer rumours as I am this window. So far nobody has been correct on anything (until Tonali was virtually wrapped up). Why should we believe any of this shit?

I certainly don't believe we're interested in spending £52m on Thuram after buying Tonali. Some real obvious clickbait crap out there at the moment.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I certainly don't believe we're interested in spending £52m on Thuram after buying Tonali. Some real obvious clickbait crap out there at the moment.

Yep.

I'm convinced our next signing will be someone daft like Cancelo or Raphinha. Totally beyond what we thought we would get and someone we've only been slightly linked with.

The rumours are nonsense. Club working on a different level of professionalism now, and all the journo’s have been given the cold shoulder. They ain’t got a scoobie.

We ain’t spending £52m on Thuram. End of. Cucurella is on £175k a week. He ain’t coming. 

What will happen is, out of the complete blue, a name will suddenly drop from nowhere. Bid made, talks ongoing, and everyone on here rushing onto YouTube highlights. That’s how it pans out. All this Twitter crap is exactly that. Crap. Total waste of time. 

No way are Chelsea going to be doing any PL teams - let alone us - a favour by flogging a 65 million pound player for less than half the price they paid just under a year ago.

6 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Pep wanted Cucerella. Thats enough for me to know he'd be great here under Howe

Pep wanted him and Tuchel signed him. Two of the best managers in the world wanted him. It's a gamble but for £30m you could be getting one of the best left-backs in the league. 

14 minutes ago, toon25 said:

No way are Chelsea going to be doing any PL teams - let alone us - a favour by flogging a 65 million pound player for less than half the price they paid just under a year ago.

Why not we (allegedly) have got them out of hole with the Saudi transfers lol

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

20 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah there’s some absolute codswallop out there at the moment ?

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah there’s some absolute codswallop out there at the moment ?

There is some of that with the ridiculous links however it’s also the timing of info found out and although correct at one point it could’ve been a target for a position that has now been filled and targets have changed.

Also there seems a lot more younger less experienced journalists in the game now. Basically if you applied for a job as a sports journalist. Day one where you finding out your information regarding a transfer? Always wondered how you would build any network without the help of more senior colleagues.

Ring the buying club? Why would they tell you anything unless they want to on purpose. Ring around to find out who the players agent is and speak to them? Why would they tell you anything unless they want to on purpose. Ring the selling club? Why would they tell you anything unless they want to on purpose.

I never praise journalists nor criticise them when it comes to major clubs transfer business. It is what it is ?‍♂️ 

I could see us signing another CM instead of a winger.

It depends on where we see Joelinton playing most of his football, really.

If we want to play Joelinton on the LW, he and ASM is a pretty good pair of options. Then Gordon and Miggy on the right. You'd also potentially have Isak playing off Wilson in one of the wide roles too.

Would leave us with Tonali, Bruno, Willock and Longstaff in CM. Four players for three spots is very thin so spending on another CM makes some sense?

Would likely lead to some frustration next year as we'd still lack a bit of guile in our wingers but add a LB too and we'd be solid as fuck at the back and in the middle.

Then focus on adding some top quality wingers next summer when we can hopefully push the boat out a bit more financially and won't have so many holes in the squad.