NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hasn't it been reported he wants to join one of the basket cases?

Think you'll find that he'll be turning out for Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal next season - at least that's the only way to make sense of the reports - so you lot should get your skates on. Could work I suppose if scheduling is kind - though might not be great for his dodgy hamstrings. 

(The curiosity is of course he turned down Chelsea last year when there was no apparent reason to and there is still his "complex" release clause. That could mean just about anything but probably fair to say it works in his favour as he was very much in box seat when it was negotiated. Only specified clubs?)

1 minute ago, Palace fan said:

Think you'll find that he'll be turning out for Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal next season - at least that's the only way to make sense of the reports - so you lot should get your skates on. Could work I suppose if scheduling is kind - though might not be great for his dodgy hamstrings. 

(The curiosity is of course he turned down Chelsea last year when there was no apparent reason to and there is still his "complex" release clause. That could mean just about anything but probably fair to say it works in his favour as he was very much in box seat when it was negotiated. Only specified clubs?)

Cant see him pushing for a move to Arsenal.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Why so he can warm the bench whilst saka plays?

Im not saying he would end up here, but I think there is bigger chance him ending up here. There are several people in the media saying hes our top target. He wouldnt be a top target if it was total unrealistic. Heck even City may be in for him and then all clubs can forget him.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas wrote in his piece last week that our top targets for the RW position have yet to be mentioned in the press.

Love a round house surprise. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas wrote in his piece last week that our top targets for the RW position have yet to be mentioned in the press.

makes sense, supposedly being interested in other players could hopefully drive up the asking prices for any rivals genuinely interested 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

With one of our scouts being Dutch - I am hedging my bets on J Bakayoko 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Cant see him pushing for a move to Arsenal.

Seems unlikely agreed - there'd be lots of football to go around but sharing right wing is not where he wants to be at surely. But for every report that says he wants to join Man U as he supports them, there is another that says he's after CL football.  Has the makings of a silly season special. 

Fascinated to see how it pans out. He could end up at any one of the top 10 last season barring WH. City are losing Silva in all likelihood and never replaced Mahrez but they don't appear interested as yet. Salah has one season at most left but guessing Slot will go continental if at all. Man U is career suicide. Chelsea he's turned down once already and are a complete mess. Villa are short of budget likely and bought there last season. You do have a vacancy but are still a project club. He's loved life under Glasner who has already developed his game but come on this is just Palace, can he wait another year? 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

May be a Tonali situation. Worked well last summer (the plan).

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Summerville from Leeds if they don't win today?

I'm excited about Minteh, I think people might not realise his potential, I've convinced myself he's going to walk into the first team.

We seem to be one of the only clubs who don't test youth (U20), unless it's sort of forced, like Miley this season,

Klopp was never afraid to test the youth at Liverpool, Wenger, and Pochetino. 

18 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I would love that - Strong, fast, has tekkers and can finish with feet and head.

If we must go for DCL, I wouldn’t mind some of the cost being offset by a loan of Minteh to them for a year. Wouldn’t want to sell him and don’t think Everton could afford him. 

18 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Summerville from Leeds if they don't win today?

He is best on the left unless we move AG which I don’t want to - we have enough quality on that side 

Good player though 

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still haven't settled on our right wing target allegedly.

What would that have to do with is signing a kid from Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What would that have to do with is signing a kid from Arsenal.

Not sure, buy I think this geezer said he'd be a first team option.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not sure, buy I think this geezer said he'd be a first team option.

Must be pretty highly rated then if that’s true. Would be nice to see him and Harrison amongst others be good enough to make the first team next season.

44 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still haven't settled on our right wing target allegedly.

Right wing target for the academy. 

59 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved for Antonine Semenyo, he is coming off the back of his first full season in the Premier League where he scored 8 goals, he is capable of going up a few more levels too. He played well in both games against us and was probably the best player on the pitch at SJP. He is capable of playing in all of the front three positions too.

He is unlikely to cost silly money either.

30 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved for Antonine Semenyo, he is coming off the back of his first full season in the Premier League where he scored 8 goals, he is capable of going up a few more levels too. He played well in both games against us and was probably the best player on the pitch at SJP. He is capable of playing in all of the front three positions too.

He is unlikely to cost silly money either.

Good shout, although I do think we will get a Bruno/Isak level in for RW.