NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

With one of our scouts being Dutch - I am hedging my bets on J Bakayoko 

Good shout. We were linked last summer. He's quality.

We seem to like Neto but the injuries are an issue, and so I wonder if we'd look at Trincao at Sporting.

Similar profile to Neto but without the injuries. Has improved a lot since leaving Barca and since his loan at Wolves.

Love to have Matt O'Riley here. Sell Longstaff to Ipswich and have a midfield rotation of Bruno/O'Riley; Joe/Joe; Tonali/Miley and you'd think we'll do very well, especially with a more rapid back four. O'Reily has a great engine on him, and has an eye for a pass. 

6 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Love to have Matt O'Riley here. Sell Longstaff to Ipswich and have a midfield rotation of Bruno/O'Riley; Joe/Joe; Tonali/Miley and you'd think we'll do very well, especially with a more rapid back four. O'Reily has a great engine on him, and has an eye for a pass. 

agreed, big fan of O'Riley

28 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Could do much worse than looking at a player like Somerville.

He'll be on cheap side too if Leeds don't come up, as they will need to make sales.

Another player I like if they were cheap and for the future, Omari Hutchinson. Got the skillset and physical ability, just needs the top end experience. If he was available for like a loan / option to buy (that's easily triggerable) I'd 100% want us to capitalise on Chelsea situation again.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

He'll be on cheap side too if Leeds don't come up, as they will need to make sales.

Another player I like if they were cheap and for the future, Omari Hutchinson. Got the skillset and physical ability, just needs the top end experience. If he was available for like a loan / option to buy (that's easily triggerable) I'd 100% want us to capitalise on Chelsea situation again.

Genuine question - why will they need to make sales? They haven’t spent anything this year have they?

Just looked it up and the average players wages is £26,000 - that seems maintable

Edited by Gawalls

35 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Could do much worse than looking at a player like Somerville.

Isn't he primarily a left winger though?

12 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Genuine question - why will they need to make sales? They haven’t spent anything this year have they?

Just looked it up and the average players wages is £26,000 - that seems maintable

They still owe £190 million on players, including £73.6 million which needs to be paid before the end of June.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-still-owe-ps190-million-for-andrea-radrizzani-era-transfers-as-annual-accounts-details-revealed-4587025

48 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Owe quite a bit, and the players they largely all moved on last summer was for knock off fees/loans with no fees because of some mental clauses in them. So they hardly bought in any money last summer, and will need to urgently this summer without the Prem money.

Would say, Gray would be the one I'd prefer.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Hopefully Southampton want to keep Ryan Fraser now.

That would be great to get rid of Fraser, dummett and Ritchie, sell dubs, miggy and Wilson and replace with better

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

That would be great to get rid of Fraser, dummett and Ritchie, sell dubs, miggy and Wilson and replace with better

And without Europe we don’t need as much quantity, focus on some pure purples. 

26 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Hopefully Southampton want to keep Ryan Fraser now.

Believe he is gone now. Mandatory clause the loan became permanent if they went up.

8 minutes ago, Leemond said:

Believe he is gone now. Mandatory clause the loan became permanent if they went up.

Source?

After Borussia Dortmund #BVB on Dean Huijsen, Newcastle also entered #NUFC .

The central defender could leave #Juventus in the summer in front of a suitable offer.

Juve is defining the arrival of Riccardo Calafiori from #Bologna where Fabio Miretti can go

34 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Always found it weird why playoff winners get a trophy 

Someone posted the other day that second also gets a trophy now too, because of this. Way smaller though. The one today looked as big as the Champions League.