NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)

Largely what we already know, but promising stuff regarding Bruno from Fab's morning update, given he seems connected to his agent.

GOkr8oWWgAATZFu.jpeg

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Largely what we already know, but promising stuff regarding Bruno from Fab's morning update, given he seems connected to his agent.

GOkr8oWWgAATZFu.jpeg

Bruno G will stay here forever - give him the captain’s armband!

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

GOkr8oWWgAATZFu.jpeg

Won't lose sleep over it, but in the context, I read that as plans being put in place for their replacements :lol:

Just now, 80 said:

Won't lose sleep over it, but in the context, I read that as plans being put in place for their replacements :lol:

:lol:

He says later on no one can afford Isak.

44 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Was wondering about Ashby - how did he do in loan last season, anyone know?

Edit - some people still highly rate him Harrison Ashby Twist

I don't know but my guess is there are attitude problems with him.  As your link shows, he's consistently highly rated, and bits I've seen are seriously impressive. But somehow it never works for him, now with multiple clubs and managers. I get the impression he's cocky as fuck, which might play a part. I wonder if he might be a late bloomer, maybe play a big role for a team that gets promoted in 3-5 years.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 80 said:

I don't know but my guess is there are attitude problems with him.  As your link shows, he's consistently highly rated, and bits I've seen are seriously impressive. But somehow it never works for him, now with multiple clubs and managers. I get the impression he's cocky as fuck, which might play a part. I wonder if he might be a late bloomer, maybe play a big role for a team that gets promoted in 3-5 years.

A year in Swansea might have been punishment enough for him after living in London for so many year’s. Maybe now given the chance he’ll buckle down and try - if not we’ll threaten him with Sunderland 

Edited by Gawalls

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Was it not going well at Swansea until he suffered a major injury? 

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Was it not going well at Swansea until he suffered a major injury? 

I was under the impression it was extremely underwhelming before the injury. Definitely read a Swansea forum saying he was a waste of a signing.

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

So what we thinking on positions we will recruit in? 

Centreback x2 

Keeper x1

Right winger x1

Striker x2 

If Wilson goes. 

Think that’s likely accurate.

17 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I can’t see us bringing in 2 strikers unless one is a youngster for the reserves or to be loaned out.

Exactly 

Posted (edited)

My opinion is that now is the time to reshuffle the pack. While we don't have the extra burden of European football, our squad needn't be decked with any poor fringe players.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to have Richie/Dummett stay on in a playing capacity. If we have ANY opportunities to offload players who aren't considered first team/future stars, we should consider cashing in. That goes all the way from Richie to Joe Willock, depending on the offer.

Pope

Tino

Hall

Botman

Schar

Burn

Joelinton

Bruno

Tonali

Gordon

Isak

Are the players to keep, for varying reasons. Anyone else, I'd listen to offers for.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting selling every other player. :lol: We just need to be open to the possibility of selling and more importantly, have recruits in mind if we do sell.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

He any good? 

Think Kompany sold him down the river this past season. Lots of potential, wouldn’t unseat Pope straight away. Move makes sense but I’ve already made the other GK thread so fuck this

Just now, Jack27 said:

Think Kompany sold him down the river this past season. Lots of potential, wouldn’t unseat Pope straight away. Move makes sense but I’ve already made the other GK thread so fuck this

Yeah he’s the one we want. The other one that is Mams.  Could be all on the back of agent click bait shite too!  [emoji38]  

Posted (edited)

All the keeper fixation just confuses me. We have one of the best shot stoppers in the world back healthy, and we want to expend a sizable portion of our budget on his backup? We were bleeding goals long before Dubs was in with a nearing relegation-form back line, and for about half the season the attack looked nearing Championship levels.

Just strange when you consider how far 20-30 million quid would go in upgrading on the wing, at striker (via a replacement who can actually meaningfully take pressure off Isak), at center half, etc. If you're gonna go get a keeper, get a keeper who is better than our current one, build out squad depth by upgrading on our current first 11, not by getting players who aren't talented enough to start for us. If that means recruiting from outside of England, then they need to be doing that. Utterly zero interest in a relegation side keeper whose price tag will be marked up since he's top flight tested, and who isn't good enough to play for us fully healthy.

Edited by Upthemags

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

All the keeper fixation just confuses me. We have one of the best shot stoppers in the world back healthy, and we want to expend a sizable portion of our budget on his backup? We were bleeding goals long before Dubs was in with a nearing relegation-form back line, and for about half the season the attack looked nearing Championship levels.

Just strange when you consider how far 20-30 million quid would go in upgrading on the wing, at striker (via a replacement who can actually meaningfully take pressure off Isak), at center half, etc. If you're gonna go get a keeper, get a keeper who is better than our current one, build out squad depth by upgrading on our current first 11, not by getting players who aren't talented enough to start for us. If that means recruiting from outside of England, then they need to be doing that. Utterly zero interest in a relegation side keeper whose price tag will be marked up since he's top flight tested, and who isn't good enough to play for us fully healthy.

What’s the alternative if his shoulder fucks up again?

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

What’s the alternative if his shoulder fucks up again?

Buy an upgrade over him if that's a concern playing on the minds of management

Posted (edited)

Lots of potential with Trafford but he's very lightweight. If we get him on the right training regime he could be a fantastic number 1 in 2-3 years. Good shot stopper. 

See him as a solid back up to Pope. I don't think the move would unnerve Pope, but it'd certainly provide competition and be a decent succession plan.

Edit: largely depends on price. £20m a bit steep IMO. 14-16M more like it

Edited by BlazeT44