NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Yeah because we ain't signing 4 40 million plus players I would expect.

2 free transfers

Valencia GK

Olise 

And a replacement for Wilson, you can't rely on someone to be available for 40% of games when try to compete for a top 6 spot.

I actually think this is the hardest transfer as the person they sign will be a back up player to Isak.

Olise is my dream signing in the window, he will be perfect in many ways. Creativity, goals and defensive contributions all you need from a Howe players 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I know people on here would have a meltdown but what's the harm in keeping Dummet and Ritchie ?

There aren't unlimited squad places

Just now, Ben said:

I know people on here would have a meltdown but what's the harm in keeping Dummet and Ritchie ?

liability for most part and block young players progression. I'm done with seeing both get minutes for the club. Thanks for everything etc...but you're done being an nufc player. 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Whats the point?

I've never really seen a breakdown of our squad and I don't understand the rules for homegrown ect but we struggled with injuries this season to the point where we used these two

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I've never really seen a breakdown of our squad and I don't understand the rules for homegrown ect but we struggled with injuries this season to the point where we used these two

It's more a question of if we can upgrade on them within budget of what else we want to do. Lloyd Kelly is already a dummett replacement and massive upgrade imo if we get him.

There was talking of having them be gate keepers helping with the reserves but that never happened from what I can tell. They are just added expense for little return. It's a no brainer to upgrade if we can.

23 hours ago, andycap said:

Before Trafford went to Burnley he was highly sought after. Had a cracking euros with that penalty save to win it for England. Burnley were always gonna get tonked with the quality of squad they had so Trafford wouldn't have been very confident behind his defence. 

Speaking to a couple of Burnley supporters today, they don't rate him at all. Say he's a decent shot stopper but has no command of his area and is a "flapper".

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Speaking to a couple of Burnley supporters today, they don't rate him at all. Say he's a decent shot stopper but has no command of his area and is a "flapper".

He looked awful for them all season and was replaced halfway through by Muric, who was quality for them in the Championship. 

Find it hard to believe he is a similar height to Pope. Looked tiny on screen and certainly agree with their assessment from the bits I saw. Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club. 

2 hours ago, Checko said:

Perhaps should be in the realistic transfer targets thread tbh

Someone else on here mentioned him. Then I copied him after watching him more closely. 

Think he would be a decent number 2 and genuine competition for Pope. Without us having to spend £25-30m or more. When already fucked by FFP and have other positions that need sorting as a priority. 

2 hours ago, STM said:

He's 21 FFS. Why are people so weird. :lol:

So weird to have the opinion a keeper looks nowhere near good enough for us right now? 

I thought he looked terrible every time I saw Burnley or their highlights. Not sure why we would spend what I would guess would be quite a substantial fee. On someone who is nowhere near the level we are after, might never be, but won’t be for a good few years regardless. 

Keep hearing we are restricted by FFP. Yet we keep getting linked with goalkeepers that are not worth it as a backup, not better than Pope or would cost a bomb.

Either get a genuinely decent number 2 that wouldn’t cost the earth or go and get a marquee signing to replace Pope. Trafford is neither of these and I don’t think we can risk another Hall or Livramento, for the future type signings for decent money. 

4 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Looks like a talent, but Villarreal conceded the 3rd most goals in the league this season and at 189 cm Im not sure he fits into our no-midget policy

189cm really is not a midget...

4 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Looks like a talent, but Villarreal conceded the 3rd most goals in the league this season and at 189 cm Im not sure he fits into our no-midget policy

Eh? Where do you live, fucking Brobdingnag? :lol:

3 hours ago, Ben said:

If we‘re having players winding down their careers here I’d rather have winners. @Kid Icarus The squad lacks a genuine winning mentality, and having players around that never had the talent and/or proclivity to do anything other than pick up their wages the second a modicum of ambition was injected is a barrier to cultivating that.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Apart from not being good enough, as has already been mentioned, we do not have unlimited squad places. 

As things stand, we’re already at 25 players that need to be registered next season.

1. Pope

2. Dubravka

3. Gillespie

4. Livramento

5. Trippier

6. Krafth

7. Ashby

8. Schar

9. Lascelles

10. Botman

11. Burn

12. Targett

13. Tonali

14. Longstaff

15. White

16. Bruno

17. Joelinton

18. Willock

19. Anderson

20. Almiron

21. J. Murphy

22. Isak

23. Wilson

24. Gordon

25. Barnes

Ashby and White probably get loaned out but the above shows we will need to sell a few players to create space for new signings, or sign younger players that don’t require registering. 

I’d imagine at least 6 of them won’t be in the squad Ashby & white as you said Dubravka and 3 or 4 others sold