NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah, you just don't get it. 

Thankfully it seems we have some really sharp minds in our recruitment team, that are looking at some really clever ways to improve our squad, despite the restrictions in place.

:lol:

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I mentioned Iheanacho as a striker to get in January on the cheap when Wilson was always injured.

If we're losing Wilson and want a Prem experienced striker option on the bench as an option to replace him, it would make sense. He also won't bitch and moan about it, and would play that role. He'd also be on a free and is still only 27. I don't know why folks act as though Kelechi is trash.

We could then also still bring in a younger striker prospect like Moukoko (as an example), who wouldn't then be under as much pressure if Isak gets injured at any point.

The lad that scored 5 goals in 23 Championship appearances? Pass.

Posted (edited)

Kaka loves to defend every potential signing. Even if it’s just shit made up noise. From the top of his 3m high horse. Crikey. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, The Prophet said:

The lad that scored 5 goals in 23 Championship appearances? Pass.

This isn't how players are scouted.

Not sure why Leicester haven't used him more, as his numbers by the mins are really good there.

He's a talented player available on a free transfer that would accept a squad player role.

I see Villa are interested too. They are making very smart additions for their squad this summer.

He'll likely end up there. They seem to be on it.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Kaka loves to defend every potential signing. Even if it’s just shit made up noise. From the top of his 3m high horse. Crikey. 

Only the ones that make sense to me. Not my fault if you can't see it from your low horse.

Judging by how well the signings we make keep panning out, seems I'm not far off.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This isn't how players are scouted.

Not sure why Leicester haven't used him more, as his numbers by the mins are really good there.

He's a talented player available on a free transfer that would accept a squad player role.

I see Villa are interested too. They are making very smart additions for their squad this summer.

He'll likely end up there. They seem to be on it.

It isn't, but it seems Leicester didn't see it either.

One of those players who it always appeared would kick on on his career, but never did. It doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest based on that and last season's goal record, he's one to avoid.

So useful he can't start ahead of a 37 year old Vardy. If these are the signings we are making as back up, we will be in exactly the same place in 2 years when we are begging for their contract to finish. Underwhelming.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

One of those players who it always appeared would kick on on his career, but never did. It doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest based on that and last season's goal record, he's one to avoid.

Always got the impression he was a really good player but as you say he’s not seemed to kick on 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I remember a similar back and forth on here when we went for Rondon, who hadn't been utilised to anywhere near his best elsewhere.

The thinking on here seems to mostly be that every signing has to be a player coming off a great season, or some hot prospect.

Let's see how we manage that within the current PSR and FFP climate.

Just out of interest, genuinely.

If Wilson does go, can I just have some idea of some examples of players people think we should be looking at as a rotation option with Isak?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If Wilson does go, can I just have some idea of some examples of players people think we should be looking at as a rotation option with Isak?

Frank Pingel

It doesn't make sense to sell Wilson for a calvert lewin/iheanacho type. A half crocked Wilson still gets more goals than them two.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Che Adams if it’s just a body we need for a season who can then become 3rd choice if that’s required.

Otherwise, evaluate the loan options as deals become available. Broja on loan last season if a similar type is available.

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

It doesn't make sense to sell Wilson for a calvert lewin/iheanacho type. A half crocked Wilson still gets more goals than them two.

It's not about goals with Wilson, it's an increasingly ridiculous injury record.

Can we really go into next season with him as Isak's backup again?

It ended up costing us Europe this season.

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

That was Henry Winters point too FWIW 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's not about goals with Wilson, it's an increasingly ridiculous injury record.

I think individual mistakes/Dubravka cost us far more than Wilson being out injured personally. Or the dummett howler against Everton I think it was.

2 hours ago, sempuki said:

Both from the Sunday Mirror involving us and Leicester - Longstaff to them for £15m and Iheanacho to us on a free.

Seem to be focusing on free signings :bob:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Precisely. Iheanacho might not be the ideal replacement, but if he's fit for the season, that means you have a striker who can come in and do a job if Isak is out, and for rotation purposes. Wilson is obviously better but he might only be available for 10 fixtures.

Oh and £15m for Longstaff.

6 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Che Adams if it’s just a body we need for a season who can then become 3rd choice if that’s required.

Otherwise, evaluate the loan options as deals become available. Broja on loan last season if a similar type is available.

Adams is on a free, just like Kelechi is, but I don't think he's as good. Don't think he finishes as well.

Broja still has a fair bit of uncertainty around him, due to the injuries he has suffered, and is still quite inexperienced. Would also have to pay Chelsea a fee for him.

A Fulham supporting friend said Broja was very poor for them. I think that ACL injury has done a number on him. Looks very rusty.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Precisely. Iheanacho might not be the ideal replacement, but if he's fit for the season, that means you have a striker who can come in and do a job if Isak is out, and for rotation purposes. Wilson is obviously better but he might only be available for 10 fixtures.

Oh and £15m for Longstaff.

Eddie said the plan was to add to the quality of the squad each transfer window - I wouldn't say Iheanacho falls into that bracket

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

I think individual mistakes/Dubravka cost us far more than Wilson being out injured personally. Or the dummett howler against Everton I think it was.

Yeah, that's fair. It's more that I think Wilson could have bailed us out at times with a key goal that got us a result, but we couldn't turn to him, because he wasn't available.

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I remember a similar back and forth on here when we went for Rondon, who hadn't been utilised to anywhere near his best elsewhere.

The thinking on here seems to mostly be that every signing has to be a player coming off a great season, or some hot prospect.

Let's see how we manage that within the current PSR and FFP climate.

It's not always about that and we will have to gamble at some point, but I'd personally say there are enough reasons to avoid this one.