NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Harsh to include Anderson in that list, imo.

Don’t see why, he’s played around 50 games now and hasn’t scored. We all want local lads to succeed but if they aren’t good enough and we want to progress hard decisions need to be made. Longstaff scored 8 goals last season and most people don’t think he’s good enough.

7 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Don’t see why, he’s played around 50 games now and hasn’t scored. We all want local lads to succeed but if they aren’t good enough and we want to progress hard decisions need to be made. Longstaff scored 8 goals last season and most people don’t think he’s good enough.

He started less than half those, though. Had a big amount of time out due to injury and is still only 21. If in a year or two its the same, then aye, fair enough. But to say he's not fulfilled anything and his time is up and he's ripe to sell is over the top, imo. He's a young back up atm, if we sell Longstaff we'll need him, even if we sign a replacement. Hopefully he kicks on, but if he doesnt then aye. Too early to sell now though. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

[emoji38]. Poor lad but.. aye, this.

At the semi final down in Southampton, he was stood one row in front of me after the match, stadium almost empty and wouldn't give me his shirt. That was it for me. :)

6 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I

My only doubt with MGW is whether he's the right fit for our right forward position in our system where we probably need a more direct goal output. You'd really be hoping he near enough doubles his goalscoring.

Just like Gordon, I’d be confident on MGW output increasing at us. Playing in a side that’s attacking more, dominating games and creating better chances, will always see players outputs increase if they’ve got the ability. 

32 minutes ago, madras said:

If he were to go I'll look forward to booing him like we did Steve Watson.

The sad thing is I'm not sure he'd cope with that experience.

Frankly, it makes me really excited if Howe is wanting to make this change to the squad even for such a relatively low amount of money. Indicates he's got real ideas in mind about what went wrong last season, even if Longstaff was virtually ever present.

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Aren't a few here close to Sean in real life? Surely they'd have an idea if the links are genuine or not

I know for a fact that earlier in the season, when he was getting a lot of stick, he decided that his time here was up. The criticism is/was really getting to him. So I’d say it’s pretty likely he’ll leave if a semi decent offer comes in.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

The sad thing is I'm not sure he'd cope with that experience.

Frankly, it makes me really excited if Howe is wanting to make this change to the squad even for such a relatively low amount of money. Indicates he's got real ideas in mind about what went wrong last season, even if Longstaff was virtually ever present.

I reckon he could, its more that I doubt that thing would happen anymore, maybe the corner, but not all round the ground like Watto's was.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I know for a fact that earlier in the season, when he was getting a lot of stick, he decided that his time here was up. The criticism is/was really getting to him. So I’d say it’s pretty likely he’ll leave if a semi decent offer comes in.

Can tell a big part of the issue with him is worrying too much about what people are saying, which sucks big time, because it makes him very tentative and fearful on the pitch, leading to some terrible looking play from him. He'll always find it very difficult going with that mindset.

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He’s always suggested in his interviews he knows he’s not here for the long term. Whether that’s because of his mindset or whatever else. 

I’d happily keep him personally if nothing decent materialised. A genuinely good lad.

Sell before bald though. 

6 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He started less than half those, though. Had a big amount of time out due to injury and is still only 21. If in a year or two its the same, then aye, fair enough. But to say he's not fulfilled anything and his time is up and he's ripe to sell is over the top, imo. He's a young back up atm, if we sell Longstaff we'll need him, even if we sign a replacement. Hopefully he kicks on, but if he doesnt then aye. Too early to sell now though. 

He’s a natural left winger too. But Eddie doesn’t  see him as having the pace to play there. So with in those games he has had to adapt to playing cm. Mixed results granted, but he seems to have some attributes.

7 hours ago, midds said:

Sorry like but if we're ever to move on to 3rd base as a club then we need need to move the likes of Longstaff, Almiron, Lascelles, Anderson, Targett, Murphy, Dubravka and Wilson on. They've all be useful servants, worked hard, fulfilled their roles but we need to take the next step and unfortunately they're not part of it. They're all canny lads, none of them have done anything horrendous but it's just a natural process of improving and setting our sights higher and higher. I wish them all well but we 100% need to cut them adrift this summer or next

This. 

Theirs a reason they all signed for Mike Ashley FC (minus Target/youth). Be it lack of ambition, lack of quality etc etc. 

Yes, I don't understand why we have such a hard time letting them go. Is it because Howe is stubborn? Or that no one wants to take them with a pair of tongs? Or that they cling on? We should be able to get rid of some of the mentioned players this year. Anything less would be a disappointment.

7 hours ago, midds said:

Sorry like but if we're ever to move on to 3rd base as a club then we need need to move the likes of Longstaff, Almiron, Lascelles, Anderson, Targett, Murphy, Dubravka and Wilson on. They've all be useful servants, worked hard, fulfilled their roles but we need to take the next step and unfortunately they're not part of it. They're all canny lads, none of them have done anything horrendous but it's just a natural process of improving and setting our sights higher and higher. I wish them all well but we 100% need to cut them adrift this summer or next

Why is Anderson on that list? It's players like him we need to be keeping, especially given he's been putting in some really good displays towards the back end of the season, even if just for home grown player status in Europe too tbh.

We'll probably need one of Longstaff and Anderson just for the home grown quota, like. Don't think we'd need both. I'd keep Anderson for his versatility but I don't think he'll amount to anything more than squad filler. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tell you what, I always knocked Harper for having no ambition and being happy just to sit and be a number 2 for 15 years but he'd be fucking perfection for us now. :lol:

Other than the fact he was stiffer than the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz when he kicked the ball.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Can tell a big part of the issue with him is worrying too much about what people are saying, which sucks big time, because it makes him very tentative and fearful on the pitch, leading to some terrible looking play from him. He'll always find it very difficult going with that mindset.

Musn’t help Sean (or any other player who’s putting in an honest shift) that a sizeable amount of idiots in the ground have an agenda to call them worse than shite as soon as the ref blows for kick off. 

Last season I sat in front row of Leazers and the bloke next to me did nowt but shout abuse at Sean all game.

What’s the fucking point man. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Musn’t help Sean (or any other player who’s putting in an honest shift) that a sizeable amount of idiots in the ground have an agenda to call them worse than shite as soon as the ref blows for kick off. 

Last season I sat in front row of Leazers and the bloke next to me did nowt but shout abuse at Sean all game.

Lots on here as well. 

9 hours ago, madras said:

If he were to go I'll look forward to booing him like we did Steve Watson.

That first time still makes me smile.  Cheered when his name was announced, think he must have come on as a sub, then booed when he touched the ball. I think even he laughed. 

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I will continue to maintain that a huge percentage of football fans don't actually like the sport or pay attention when they watch it.

It's just an outlet for them to take out their anger. Shouting at players on the pitch, or constantly complaining about everything that goes on at the club, in some form or fashion.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Why is Anderson on that list? It's players like him we need to be keeping, especially given he's been putting in some really good displays towards the back end of the season, even if just for home grown player status in Europe too tbh.

Got nothing against him really, he's put in some decent performances and tries his best and can't knock him for that, he was great against Spurs (H) for example. I'm not desperate to see the back of him or anything but I don't think he's going to be anything other than a squad filler really. He's useful to bring into the team but he's not going to transform the way we play. Fully acknowledge it sounds a bit harsh, he does offer far more than others :thup:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I will continue to maintain that a huge percentage of football fans don't actually like the sport or pay attention when they watch it.

It's just an outlet for them to take out their anger. Shouting at players on the pitch, or constantly complaining about everything that goes on at the club, in some form or fashion.

I don’t always agree with you, but this post is bang on.

9 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Best fans in the world.