NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, madras said:

Didn't Miggy just not want to go ?

Maybe, but could we not have arranged a bigger slice of the pie for him to make it more palatable? No one really knows, but we don't want to end up with a situation where players are just running down their contracts then leaving for free.

Just now, TRon said:

Maybe, but could we not have arranged a bigger slice of the pie for him to make it more palatable? No one really knows, but we don't want to end up with a situation where players are just running down their contracts then leaving for free.

If the fees the Saudis are paying wasn't enough I'm not sure how big a pie there is ?

It's not like Miggy is holding on for that freedom of contract to get a pay day like some do, he'd have been financially better off going in January.

Minteh’s real value is probably equivalent to Madueke who went for 28.5m. 

So it’s a straight swap, you probably overpay for DCL by about 10-12m. That’s the price we may have to take to not breach PSR. 

I know loads don’t like DCL but Howe clearly does and clearly has a plan for how to use him. 

4 minutes ago, duo said:

That’s literally the worst deal ever. I hope it's not true.

We'd be trading an untested young winger who's never played for us, for an experienced forward with a demonstrable scoring record in the PL, whilst also - presumably/somehow - alleviating PSR concerns. 'Worst deal ever' feels like a bit of an exaggeration. :lol:

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s not the worst deal ever but in also not sold on its merits. 

I’d rather keep Wilson and get DCL on a free in a year. 

Swapping a potential star, for an injury prone average striker doesn't sound like a great deal to me. Surely no one can think it is?

4 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

So it’s a straight swap, you probably overpay for DCL by about 10-12m. That’s the price we may have to take to not breach PSR. 

I know loads don’t like DCL but Howe clearly does and clearly has a plan for how to use him. 

If Lyon did bid £40m we have fair market value established.

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

How? Madueke has just helped his side qualify for Europe, against all the odds and Minteh had been playing in a massively inferior league. Madueke has played a shit load of football for the England youth teams too.

6 minutes ago, duo said:

Swapping a potential star, for an injury prone average striker doesn't sound like a great deal to me. Surely no one can think it is?

Again I don’t think it’s great no, but I see the logic despite my unease with it. Would much rather sell Minteh elsewhere (if we are indeed binning him) and use the money elsewhere. 

Again if we are adamant DCL is for us just wait a year and grab him on a free. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

How? Madueke has just helped his side qualify for Europe, against all the odds and Minteh had been playing in a massively inferior league. Madueke has played a shit load of football for the England youth teams too.

Minteh just scored in the Champions League mate

Just now, Upthemags said:

Minteh just scored in the Champions League mate

Andrea's Anderson scored at Anfield and Old Trafford, Guivarch won a world cup winners medal, Henning Berg and David May won more medals than Shearer.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We'd be trading an untested young winger who's never played for us, for an experienced forward with a demonstrable scoring record in the PL, whilst also - presumably/somehow - alleviating PSR concerns. 'Worst deal ever' feels like a bit of an exaggeration. :lol:

My thinking is that we were probably planning to loan him out for another year anyway. Inserting a buy-back clause, if we do that, would be like loaning him to another PL club in Everton, assuming he does well there.

25 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I meant Madueke’s price when he moved from PSV to Chelsea. 

in answer to the other question re Lyon offering 40m for Minteh, surely no one believes that true. Since when do Lyon drop that sort of cash?

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

I meant Madueke’s price when he moved from PSV to Chelsea. 

in answer to the other question re Lyon offering 40m for Minteh, surely no one believes that true. Since when do Lyon drop that sort of cash?

Inflation, everything has gone up including agents fees and wages. Much harder to do a deal now but they woukd be taking a punt that they will at least make a 50% profit on him after a season or two.

If the reports are to be believed about our PSR position, I don’t think we have that luxury of waiting to see his value increase.

It's not the worst deal, but it's not really a great deal either. We're essentially hoping that DCL can get up and running again where as it seems a lot of clubs are fans of Mintehs potential. Somehow I think we will look back at this and think we should have kept him.