Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

1. I just don’t think we sign a LB.
2. I consider Burn a defensive weakness in the team.
3. The Livra fee is very high. He needs to be more than backup. We must think there’s a way we can play both at times.  

I don’t love it at all. But it is an option.  

His fee is lower than Gordon’s who you advocated going out on loan this season

11 hours ago, Conjo said:

Can't believe so many are willing to shoehorn Trippier to left back after watching him play for us the last 1.5 seasons on account of a few appearances for England and 1 (?) assist. :lol: Are you the same people who wanted to play Isak on the wing so we could play both him and Wilson at the same time last season?

Also on account of his age as well - every fan will want a cup run this season and we’re in another competition to boot on top of that we looked like we were on our arse at times towards the end of last season.  I think tripps will be rotated a bit - especially in the lower rounds of the cup games but after that we’ll have to see.

2 hours ago, Mountain said:

:jones:

Don’t understand this reaction to be honest - if you class Gordon who was always planned to be a summer signing we’ve spent around £170m and that’s not including minteh etc - this takes the spending up to around the high £380m ish in the last 21 months.  I personally think that’s fantastic.

Edited by Gawalls

Is it not enough to play games with spending costs by bringing amortization into the equation now we're reclassifying timelines based on what might has been "originally planned" to adjust figures, can we not please can we not :lol: saw a small piece in "the mag" doing this earlier and almost lost it.

23 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t understand this reaction to be honest - if you class Gordon who was always planned to be a summer signing we’ve spent around £170m and that’s not including minteh etc - this takes the spending up to around the high £380m ish in the last 21 months.  I personally think that’s fantastic.

It's not a "reaction"

Phil Jones is a CB with CL experience

8 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Eh? Howe played Isak LW until the last game, we beat Brighton 4-1 with him there in one of our best performances of the season?

He's still better as a striker.

35 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's still better as a striker.

Aye but your point was that people need to stop suggesting Trippier for LB and your example was Howe shifting our best (but most versatile) striker out to the wing in order to accomdate Wilson?

It just shows that Howe might be flexible in accomodating our best players in the starting XI.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

His fee is lower than Gordon’s who you advocated going out on loan this season

I wanted us to keep ASM, sign a RW and sign 2x central midfielders. 

On that basis I was advocating loaning out Gordon. He needs a solid run in a functional top level side to develop his game and learn a proper role. If we had ASM, Joelinton, Barnes, Almiron + Murphy as backup - I would want Gordon loaned out. He would be 3rd choice at best for either wing.  

As it stands we need Gordon, he’ll get plenty of minutes.  

Livramento (if fit) will get loads of minutes to develop.  

2 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

I get a bit nervous when Burn is on the ball but in fairness to him as a defender he’s more than adequate. I’m surprised he wasn’t exposed more often last season but he largely held his own even against the speedsters and  Saka’s etc. It’s going forward where I think Burn’s shortcomings lie. We need an energetic, over-lapping LB to complement the threat down the right.

I disagree that he largely held his own against top wingers. Saka ripped him to shreds at the Emirates until we went into a low block and the Joe’s held his hand. 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don’t agree with 3, we are a CL club now and we need options. The fee isn’t that high for someone with his potential. 

We can’t spend CL club money due to FFP.  Livra is like the 6th most expensive player in our squad. He cost more than both our leftbacks combined. I think the club think there must be a possible route for him to be a regular this season. As you say, with such potential they must think he could add real value this season. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I disagree that he largely held his own against top wingers. Saka ripped him to shreds at the Emirates until we went into a low block and the Joe’s held his hand. 

We can’t spend CL club money due to FFP.  Livra is like the 6th most expensive player in our squad. He cost more than both our leftbacks combined. I think the club think there must be a possible route for him to be a regular this season. As you say, with such potential they must think he could add real value this season. 

I think for the most part you can pick a poor performance from a player over an entire season. While Burn isn't great in an attacking perspective, from a defensive point of view, he's solid as a rock.

13 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think for the most part you can pick a poor performance from a player over an entire season. While Burn isn't great in an attacking perspective, from a defensive point of view, he's solid as a rock.

Can agree to disagree. 

Somid as a rock defensively is Kyle Walker. Wan Bissaka.  Reece James. Maybe even Akanji or Ake. 

Burn is slow running and turning.  And has costly lapsed in concentration