Tino Livramento

Yorkie

Just now, Yorkie said:

Dan Burn has been generally brilliant (or at least good and vital tactically) for well over a year now. 'CB at LB' is some really unnecessary shade at this point, he's been huge for us.

Tino obviously has the spot nailed down until he's back, like.

Burn has been solid, but his limitations are obvious and (for me) you won't move forward at the highest level with a CB playing FB, it's arguably the most important position on the pitch now in modern systems.. It's brutal, but there isn't room for sentiment when you have a player warming the bench with this much talent. 

[emoji38] He does look very bloody good. The defensive side of his game is far better than I expected, seems a really good tackler.

Edit: Was replying to pedro - can't see how to cut and paste a quote in

Edited by Checko

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Burn has been solid, but his limitations are obvious and (for me) you won't move forward at the highest level with a CB playing FB, it's arguably the most important position on the pitch now in modern systems.. It's brutal, but there isn't room for sentiment when you have a player warming the bench with this much talent. 

I don't think there's anything sentimental about saying Burn has been a huge part of our success (as a LB) under Howe and has more than deserved to be first choice this season. Happy to admit that a better player there could improve us generally, I just get mildly triggered by the 'CB at LB' thing when used as a pejorative. :lol: He's every inch a full-back. 

15 hours ago, pedro111 said:

If these are his regular levels then fuck me he might be one of the best full backs ever to play the game! (Went a bit RTG ott there sorry!)

Not possible- my dad (he’s a Sunderland supporter) told me the other day real madrids after buying their Bellingham.

On 07/11/2023 at 20:59, Yorkie said:

I don't think there's anything sentimental about saying Burn has been a huge part of our success (as a LB) under Howe and has more than deserved to be first choice this season. Happy to admit that a better player there could improve us generally, I just get mildly triggered by the 'CB at LB' thing when used as a pejorative. :lol: He's every inch a full-back. 

Agree on the last sentence. So surely you recognise half of his game is solid and the other half is shit?