Tino Livramento

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Or put Trippier at LB after the international break. No too fussed but Liv has earned his chance.

Trippier was shocking at LB today. I never want to see that again.

Superb tonight, yet again. May as well just copy and paste that after every game he plays. 

I know he is an outstanding 1 v 1 defender. Seemed a bit harsh leaving him 2 v 1, mind. Hard to legislate for such a shit free kick and the ball from

Adeyemi. But that’s the naivety creeping in again and experience at this level. Got absolutely punished on the counter. The same as the home game. 

Livramento should be starting the next game over Trippier as he is the player in form, if Trippier wants the spot back then he needs to raise his game when he has the opportunity.

That isn’t needing your head checked, it is called good management by showing nobody is guaranteed their place in the side and that anybody who raises their game will be rewarded.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Livramento should be starting the next game over Trippier as he is the player in form, if Trippier wants the spot back then he needs to raise his game when he has the opportunity.

That isn’t needing your head checked, it is called good management by showing nobody is guaranteed their place in the side and that anybody who raises their game will be rewarded.

I see you've been studying at the feet of Ten Hag.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

I see you've been studying at the feet of Ten Hag.

More that I remember Bobby Robson telling Lee Bowyer that it doesn’t matter how well you play that Dyer will be back in the team in front of you when he’s fit.

Such poor man management.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Would rather he starts at RB. Trips is tired. Let him sit at LB and focus on distribution. Let Tino bomb on forward on the right. 

But then you have Trippier at LB constantly putting us in trouble. :lol:

7 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

What a player, man. Think he'll do just fine at left back on the weekend, just so talented

Said it a few times, he reminds me so much of Zanetti (obviously nowhere near that level but the style is so similar)

I'd start him but with it being one game until the internationals we'll persevere with Trippier.

Not slagging him off cos he's leader and his wise head is as valuable as his play I fancy, but it would be refreshing also that that change would bring changes in set pieces.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, STM said:

But then you have Trippier at LB constantly putting us in trouble. :lol:

I don’t think today was typical of Trippier at LB or RB. He’s played much better at LB previously.  For me he was poor in both positions today.  All we achieved by moving Tino to LB was defending the flank better and limiting our play going forward from the back. Our only pieces of offensive quality came from Tino at RB - the low drilled ball and the Joelinton chance (and his clever shot at LB tbf). 

I suspect actually they wil rotate again mid match as has happened in the last 2 games. 

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Tripps has been our best signing for many reasons on and off the pitch. Does he need to be rotated more? Aye, but he's the first name on the team sheet when fully fit. 

That being said, Tino is awesome and showing his quality every time he's on the pitch. What a player this kid is, man. Southampton really crank out quality FB's.

Just now, The Bonk said:

Tripps has been our best signing for many reasons on and off the pitch. Does he need to be rotated more? Aye, but he's the first name on the team sheet when fully fit. 

That being said, Tino is awesome and showing his quality every time he's on the pitch. What a player this kid is, man. Southampton really crank out quality FB's.

Came from Chelsea’s academy.   They’ve had Reece James, Tino, Lamptey.  Sure I’m missing one. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Came from Chelsea’s academy.   They’ve had Reece James, Tino, Lamptey.  Sure I’m missing one. 

Fucking Chelsea, figures. Lamptey as well? Yeesh, they really do gobble up everything and one. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Maatsen at left back, he was at Burnley last season and he turned down a £32 million move there in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Shak said:

Has he started a match and not been our best player in the game yet?

I'd lean towards starting him at RB and Trippier LB from now on tbh.

Play Tino LB and Trippier RB for me - no point playing Tripps LB when he looks so uncomfortable 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

To be honest, watching his performance tonight makes it incredibly frustrating that we've been playing with a centre half at left back this season, and have been running Trips into the ground at right back. 

He's clearly more than ready. He looked the only player tonight who wasn't phased by the occasion. 

Dan Burn has been generally brilliant in that position (or at least good and vital tactically) for well over a year now. 'CB at LB' is some really unnecessary shade at this point, he's been huge for us.

Tino obviously has the spot nailed down until he's back, like.