Tino Livramento

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

This guy not starting "every" game leads me to believe that Lewis Hall may not be as shit as his gametime suggest. 

Livra gets on the pitch every game. Hall does not. 

I would like to see what he’s like at CM at some point. He’s got the physicality for it and he’s a good footballer. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Livra gets on the pitch every game. Hall does not. 

I would like to see what he’s like at CM at some point. He’s got the physicality for it and he’s a good footballer. 

Gets on the pitch yeah, but far less gametime than i think he deserves. Thinking that the same might be the case for Hall and that they are both Ashworth signings maybe.

Not suggesting Hall is anywhere as good as Livra. But him getting zero minutes in this team does imply that he is pretty, pretty shit. 

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Gets on the pitch yeah, but far less gametime than i think he deserves. Thinking that the same might be the case for Hall and that they are both Ashworth signings maybe.

Not suggesting Hall is anywhere as good as Livra. But him getting zero minutes in this team does imply that he is pretty, pretty shit. 

Agree Livra should get more minutes. I also think they both might be more Ashworth signing than Howe.

I don't assume he's shit. But the severe lack of minutes is worrisome. The best-case scenario is that Howe doesn't want to trigger the obligation. Worst case is that Howe now think he's shit but we are obligated to sign him anyway. Something has definitely gone further awry. Howe did trust him to start away at Dortmund and another league game.... maybe not the best introductory into a team mind. Since then it's been the back of the bench.

I actually thought Tino looked great driving forward but was a little lapse in his defensive responsibilities at times. 
Thought Trippier showed better positional discipline.

Tino may have been sent out with a remit of ‘bomb forward’ though….:dontknow:

19 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I actually thought Tino looked great driving forward but was a little lapse in his defensive responsibilities at times. 
Thought Trippier showed better positional discipline.

Tino may have been sent out with a remit of ‘bomb forward’ though….:dontknow:

this all day , his defensive duties need a polish but on the whole brings so much to the team 

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

I honestly think we are trying to wriggle out of the option to buy clause for Hall, I can´t understand anything else other than that for his absence.

It doesn´t seem like great business now paying 30 million for an unproven kid when PSR/FFP is so tight and we will need quite a revamp in the summer...

Edited by buzza

Being able to dribble with the ball at pace, from deep, is such a key asset. Just breaks the lines, commits players and opens up space.

Yes he’ll lose some, buts it’s no different to the high risk low percentage passes. Just we need to be better in shape to cover when he goes because of the lack of recovery pace in our back line. 

Probably the only like for like change in a position we’ve got, where our style of play changes and importantly forcing opposition needing to adapt. 

Just spitballing long term, but all top sides essentially play a 3-2 shape defensively. Having Tino starting means we couldn’t do that, but that’s where we could be different and you have the LB basically be a LCB, faster RCB, then two CMs for the shape. So in attack when Tino goes on a run, it’s like this.

RCB - Botman - LB

Tonali - Bruno

Tino - IF - Willock - Gordon

Isak

Out of possesion, the IF can be wide, Tino goes on a dribble, they can go inside to receive or outside. Willock runs into box to support Isak, Gordon on opposite wing providing width, like Grealish does for Man City. 

In a bit of a gloomy season, but you can see the potential the squad could have moving forward, and one that’s exciting to watch.

Edit: And this is where the Hall situation comes into it. I rate him highly, but that set up wouldn’t fit him, so it’s £30m for back up, rarely used. So depending on Howe sees the evolution of the side, could be playing a big part in reluctance to use him and potentially activating the deal, when that could be spent elsewhere. 

Edited by Sibierski

Honestly think he could go on to be the best right back in the world some day. At the very least world class.

The fact he’s already had a big injury worries me a bit, but assuming he avoids them, his future is huge.

Love him. 

Great surge forward into space and then the directness and confidence to take it on himself. 

Almost more noticeable though was his acceleration and tenacity to win back those loose balls. Something we really lack I feel with Burn and Trippier due to their age and speed.