Tino Livramento

Yorkie

Fair play, glad to hear it in one sense. Obviously, I don’t want him to be injured but it’s reassuring that the lineup was affected by that. He’s done amazingly well with his workload so far, coming back from such a long-term injury 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t know who needs to hear it again, but Tino has been carrying a muscle fatigue “injury” for the past week or so. (Source: one of his family members)

You may have noticed him pull up uncomfortable once or twice in the Chelsea game.

Hence why he hasn’t started the last two games. They’re managing his minutes to try to avoid a more serious injury.

Howe out 

There were two instances last night where when Trippier did the exact same the last month, the ball was ending up in the back of our net and he got away with them. :lol:.

Made me feel a bit sorry for Trippier, but relieved that the ones leading to goals are coming from the senior player who'll come through it with his experience l, rather than the kid who it could have helped dent his confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Is Tino injured or has Burn 'won' his spot back already? 

He was strained and at risk of injury. Don't know if that remains the case.

Is there anyone that doesn’t believe Tino should be our starting LB right now?

Still love Burn and would be happy to see him come in whenever Tino is injured or needs a rest. I just think Tino brings way more than Burn going forward and I even think Tino is a better defender, definitely when it comes to 1v1’s

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Still love Burn and would be happy to see him come in whenever Tino is injured or needs a rest. I just think Tino brings way more than Burn going forward and I even think Tino is a better defender, definitely when it comes to 1v1’s

Couldn’t agree more. I think Howe will continue to play Burn though…

If Tino doesn’t get a lot of starts between now and the end of the season it’ll be the one squad choice / preference that will make me question what’s going on. I love Eddie and it’s fair enough having players you really trust like Burn but Tino is already leagues above Burn at LB in terms of being a more complete player. He has recovery pace, he is fantastic on the ball, he can deliver a ball very well too. Positionally he’s good and he’s absolutely fine in the air. Burn beats him in the air and beats him physically, he’s also got a brilliant attitude but do I think we’ll win more games with Tino in the first 11 or Burn in the first 11? Tino 

31 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Not to forget how more playtime would be crucial to realize his full potential. 

On 26/12/2023 at 17:06, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t know who needs to hear it again, but Tino has been carrying a muscle fatigue “injury” for the past week or so. (Source: one of his family members)

You may have noticed him pull up uncomfortable once or twice in the Chelsea game.

Hence why he hasn’t started the last two games. They’re managing his minutes to try to avoid a more serious injury.

Quoting this from the last page because it should be required reading before any actual or hypothetical complaining about Burn vs. Tino.

That’s why I stated “between now and the end of the season”. We’ve seen that Howe will regularly play players who are carrying knocks and Tino came on in the game where he was carrying the injury that Shadow mentioned. Obviously, if it’s clear to that Tino is injured then he shouldn’t be playing and allowances should be made for his return from the ACL injury but if there’s no clear injury it won’t make any sense if he’s on the bench for the majority of the remaining games 

13 hours ago, gbandit said:

If Tino doesn’t get a lot of starts between now and the end of the season it’ll be the one squad choice / preference that will make me question what’s going on. I love Eddie and it’s fair enough having players you really trust like Burn but Tino is already leagues above Burn at LB in terms of being a more complete player. He has recovery pace, he is fantastic on the ball, he can deliver a ball very well too. Positionally he’s good and he’s absolutely fine in the air. Burn beats him in the air and beats him physically, he’s also got a brilliant attitude but do I think we’ll win more games with Tino in the first 11 or Burn in the first 11? Tino 

In fairness to BDB:

BDB PL win % at NUFC - 52%
Livramento - 50%

(I also of course think Tino’s a better player)

Don't see it as an issue whatsoever.

They are both good PL players, with Livramento being someone with the potential to be fantastic.

Livramento has shown how good he is, but he's still a work in progress and is rightly being managed carefully. Burn is a steady Eddie, who largely reliable as a player and character but has limitations.

Livramento is twice the player. He has just been knackered or slightly injured lately due to the schedule. He has decent PL experience so this ain’t his first few games in the league coming from the academy or anything like that. If fit and fresh he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.  Going forward he should play most games. I appreciate Burn and like him btw. I just don’t rate him as highly as some. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...